Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had VSG 4 years ago. SW 285. Got down to 215 within 4 months and never lost another pound. My weight would go down 3 lbs and up 2, then stall and restart. My surgeon acted like I was crazy when I talked to him about why I couldn’t lose consistently. Started regain 7 months post-op and now I’m back up to 250. My hunger never left, I was hungry day after surgery. I vomit still when I eat dense or dry foods and therefore sometimes avoid Proteins for carbs to avoid discomfort and vomiting. Acid reflux is awful too. I wish I had bypass instead as I’m nauseous and uncomfortable every day either hungry, heartburn or uncomfortable. Thoughts?

You will get very many varied responses, particularly as you posted the same thing four times.

Doesn't sound like you took your investigatins further when your weight lost stalled. Have you now? Had an endoscope?

Not sure what thoughts you are after? But if you want a bypass revision, talk to your doctor and get a referral to a surgeon and discuss your surgery options. But you one step ahead of where you've been for the past few years and its a start.

I would really talk to your doctor about help. It sounds like your food "intolerances" are affecting your weight and satiation. The key is having a diet heavy on Proteins and low on carbs. Carbs will only spur on blood sugar problems. So if ur having problems with proteins, that could explain it. Have you tried Protein Shakes?

I had issues with eating solid for a while and certain things would come back up make me sick so I stuck to shakes for months and it has served me well lost more weight than I ever thought possible :)

23 hours ago, Krestel said:

It sounds like your food "intolerances" are affecting your weight and satiation. The key is having a diet heavy on Proteins and low on carbs. Carbs will only spur on blood sugar problems.

The key is having a diet than one can maintain relatively effortlessly for life, that lets you sit comfortably at your desired weight or close to it and that doesn't cause any physical issues.

My diet is rather high in complex carbohydrates, fruits, relatively low in fat with a moderate amount of Protein and I maintain a BMI of 23. I don't have blood sugar issues in any way, I also don't dump. Eating a diet high in protein and/or fat gives me stomach issues that can be quite painful. Even if I don't get pain, that brick like feeling is very unpleasant.

Please stop talking about food intolerances as food "intolerances" like people are just inventing them to have an excuse to eat "carbs". For some of us food intolerance are very real.