Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery revision from band to bypass was yesterday morning and I got home tonight about 5pm. I’m very sleepy and I will say there is good amount of pain on my left side which is controlled by medication. The biggest challenge I have this early is having a hard time getting comfortable and I have no interest in food. I’m forcing broth and Jello. Last week I couldn’t imagine only eating broth and jello and today, I cant imagine being hungry ever. So weird. Even through the fog and pain, I have no regrets!

My surgery revision from band to bypass was yesterday morning and I got home tonight about 5pm. I’m very sleepy and I will say there is good amount of pain on my left side which is controlled by medication. The biggest challenge I have this early is having a hard time getting comfortable and I have no interest in food. I’m forcing broth and Jello. Last week I couldn’t imagine only eating broth and Jello and today, I cant imagine being hungry ever. So weird. Even through the fog and pain, I have no regrets!
I'm soooo happy to hear everything went well. Continue to rest up! Onwarf and upward from here! My day is tomorrow!

It's MY time!

I’m now 8 days post op from band revision to vsg. It’s been a major wake up call for me on the difference of recovery and wanting food. Just remember to drink fluids and it’s ok to be in pain I wasn’t expecting it to be like how it is . Good luck

Yay! I'm glad your revision went so well! Keep us updated :D

3 hours ago, ndyoung77 said:

I’m now 8 days post op from band revision to vsg. It’s been a major wake up call for me on the difference of recovery and wanting food. Just remember to drink fluids and it’s ok to be in pain I wasn’t expecting it to be like how it is . Good luck

I agree about the difference in surgeries being a wake up call! Band was a much simpler procedure. I was back at work in 5 days, not this time. How are feeling 8 days out?

3 hours ago, Nerdette said:

Yay! I'm glad your revision went so well! Keep us updated :D

I will for sure!! Thank you!

On 5/14/2020 at 3:39 PM, Rocky_Mountain_Mama said:

I agree about the difference in surgeries being a wake up call! Band was a much simpler procedure. I was back at work in 5 days, not this time. How are feeling 8 days out?

On 5/14/2020 at 3:39 PM, Rocky_Mountain_Mama said:

It’s been hard. I ended up with a UTI and never in my life felt pain like that. It kept me in bed for two days for meds to get things back to the beginning again. I’m still trying to get Protein in and I have no problem with fluids just absolutely no energy at all. None

Oh no!! A UTI is awful when you’re otherwise healthy, it must be downright unbearable following surgery! I’m so sorry! I’m 6 days days post op today and have my first follow up with the surgeon. My energy just started coming back in the last day or 2. I really hope you’re starting to feel better and that your energy returns soon ((hugs))

5 hours ago, Rocky_Mountain_Mama said:

Oh no!! A UTI is awful when you’re otherwise healthy, it must be downright unbearable following surgery! I’m so sorry! I’m 6 days days post op today and have my first follow up with the surgeon. My energy just started coming back in the last day or 2. I really hope you’re starting to feel better and that your energy returns soon ((hugs))

Today has been the first day of more energy go us!!

On 5/17/2020 at 6:31 PM, ndyoung77 said:

It’s been hard. I ended up with a UTI and never in my life felt pain like that. It kept me in bed for two days for meds to get things back to the beginning again. I’m still trying to get Protein in and I have no problem with fluids just absolutely no energy at all. None

Did you take oral meds for UTI right after surgery or IV? My surgery is tomorrow and I'm feeling UTI twinges (I get a couple a year) THX!!

I’m 1 Day post op, can’t believe it, I did it! No problem either. My Dr. and his team are fantastic!! I’m sitting up drinking my 3rd set of fluids, and I’m not in too much pain nor am I hungry. Drinking and walking, should go home this afternoon. Yea Dr. Patel, you rock!!