Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started to freeze again :/

Posted (edited)

So, about a week ago I noticed that I feelt colder than what I should.

I know freezing is a part of WLS, and I did freee my butt off for the first 2-3 months - but the winter was actually qute normal to me. I have always been a freeze stick and I keep my temperature at home at a constant 26 degrees. For the last week it has been up to 35 inside, + 3-5 degrees outside and I freeze and freeze and freeze. I have my stove set on 300 degress (celsius) and I find myself sitting next to it in a blanket. I also oven-heated my blankets, socks and pants, and I still freeze like crazy.

Tell me this will pass, otherwise I will go the summer dressed in winter garments 😎

Edited by MsMocie

I was always hot when I was fat, so feeling cold was actually kind of a nice change for me. I did feel exceptionally cold in about months 6-8, when most of the weight loss was done. I have slowly returned to "normal," which means I don't usually feel overly cold or hot. It's wonderful!

Yep I felt like I was freezing to death the first few months (got sleeved in the fall). When summer came, I did not sweat like crazy like I used to when I was fatter. I did feel pretty chilly in air-conditioned places though.

Come the second winter after post-op, I didn't feel nearly as cold. I didn't need those extra blankets, extra socks and hoodies anymore. I think I feel hot and cold like regular people now.

I think freezing phase lasted a few months. I haven't noticed it for a long time.

I’d LOVE to freeze! I’ve been a burning inferno since surgery, just like before. My entire life it’s been a struggle. And of all places? We live in Florida year round...love it but I stay 🥵.

3 hours ago, Lily66 said:

I’d LOVE to freeze! I’ve been a burning inferno since surgery, just like before. My entire life it’s been a struggle. And of all places? We live in Florida year round...love it but I stay 🥵.

My yard has 1 meter of snow still 😂 Took a chance and switched to summer tires yesterday, I also switched to 3 pairs of winter socks on my feet.

I always been a freeze stick, but I usually never wear socks from april until september 😮 I would love to be a furnance, can we switch? Considering moving to a warmer climate - if I didn't live in the best country in the world, I would be a gonner.

6 hours ago, Recidivist said:

I was always hot when I was fat, so feeling cold was actually kind of a nice change for me. I did feel exceptionally cold in about months 6-8, when most of the weight loss was done. I have slowly returned to "normal," which means I don't usually feel overly cold or hot. It's wonderful!

Does it get cold in Aussie? I get that your kind of cold maybe a little different from mine, we say it's cold when the temperature goes below -15 celcius😂.

I get the fact that the weightloss/fatloss makes me feel colder, but I don't understand why I feelt cold the first 2-3 months, then survived the Norwegian winter, and when spring comes along, I am a freaking ice-cube. Usually I turn of at least one oven at this time of year, but now I sit inbetween 2 of them, or preferably inside my stove😂

I am also one of those "sleep with the bedroom window open even if it is a snow blizzard outside", but I just can't anymore, way to cold to get up in the morning and I freeze all through the night

22 minutes ago, MsMocie said:

My yard has 1 meter of snow still 😂 Took a chance and switched to summer tires yesterday, I also switched to 3 pairs of winter socks on my feet.

I always been a freeze stick, but I usually never wear socks from april until september 😮 I would love to be a furnance, can we switch? Considering moving to a warmer climate - if I didn't live in the best country in the world, I would be a gonner.

Does it get cold in Aussie? I get that your kind of cold maybe a little different from mine, we say it's cold when the temperature goes below -15 celcius😂.

I get the fact that the weightloss/fatloss makes me feel colder, but I don't understand why I feelt cold the first 2-3 months, then survived the Norwegian winter, and when spring comes along, I am a freaking ice-cube. Usually I turn of at least one oven at this time of year, but now I sit inbetween 2 of them, or preferably inside my stove😂

I am also one of those "sleep with the bedroom window open even if it is a snow blizzard outside", but I just can't anymore, way to cold to get up in the morning and I freeze all through the night

Norway sounds like an AMAZING place to live! So happy for you to realize and cherish all of its Wonder. My ancestry is Swiss, and I’m certain high in the Alps it is still snowcapped as well! Enjoy and never lose your JOYful nature💝!

I had that definitely the whole winter and even now. I brought some wool socks and I walk around in them on the daily but now that the temperature has been around 63-70 degrees I have been pretty fine, but still wearing the long pants and socks lol. still I’m about 7 months out and if the weather drops below 60 I’m an ice pop. Hopefully by next fall to winter we should be fine and normal once we are at a stable weight.

I live in Naples Florida and was never cold when fat! Now i freeze my ass off everyday - Feel for you!

2 hours ago, MsMocie said:

It was -2 here this morning!

I freeze just going down the refrigerated foods aisle at the grocery store. 28+ degrees C outside & I’m doing the grocery shop in long sleeves, a cashmere wrap & I’m still shivering. Even the meat section gives me chills. I am not looking forward to winter at all especially as all my warm coats are 5+ sizes too big. I think I’ll always feel the cold as I remember being that way years ago when I weighed in the low 60kgs.

LOL... it was bad for me a couple months ago... but now the desert heat has been turned up. Haven't been too cold for at least several weeks.

On 5/10/2020 at 10:12 PM, Isabelmonster said:

I had that definitely the whole winter and even now. I brought some wool socks and I walk around in them on the daily but now that the temperature has been around 63-70 degrees I have been pretty fine, but still wearing the long pants and socks lol. still I’m about 7 months out and if the weather drops below 60 I’m an ice pop. Hopefully by next fall to winter we should be fine and normal once we are at a stable weight.

Hope it comes soon. BF thinks I should stop straddeling the radiatiors and straddle him instead. Got almost offended when I said he wasn't as hot as the radiator. 😦LOL