Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys! I am new here. Looking into surgery. Waiting on my new patient consult to be scheduled. I am leaning towards gastric bypass.

I know at first I will struggle with getting my Protein in. I haven't really tried alot of different Protein Shakes. I have tried Premier Protein and the Walmart chocolate shakes.

Whats your go to protein shakes?

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

Isopure Dutch chocolate was my fave...i found it the least sweet and the least chalky than others I had tried.

I also used the non-flavoured version to sprinkle on foods.

image.png.1241830a0a90253b5f0632e72b30ec00.pngimage.png.f575870accd52dc349b53aba8ae0c024.png

Edited by ms.sss

Get the latte. I like it better.

My favorites were Syntrax Nectar and Unjury products.

I'm currently (at five years out) in love with Big Train Fit Frappe products, but that's not whey Protein isolate, so it's not as good for new post-ops. We were told to stick with whey protein isolate products when we were early out because that's the most absorbable version of protein (Syntrax nectar and Unjury products are both whey protein isolate).

Pre-op, I used Premier Protein and ensure, and like them both just fine.

Post-op, I discovered Fairlife Core Power and OMG, it's the best thing ever! I discovered it at Wawa, and now I get it from Amazon by the case!

You'll find everyone has their own preference

I love the Isopure and premier!! The powder mixed with FairLife Fat free is the best!! Is not chalky at all. Also I’ve been adding PBfit powder! Taste like a Peanut Butter chocolate cup!

I love the Isopure and premier!! The powder mixed with FairLife Fat free is the best!! Is not chalky at all. Also I’ve been adding PBfit powder! Taste like a Peanut Butter chocolate cup!

On 5/8/2020 at 1:07 PM, cclayton44 said:

Hey guys! I am new here. Looking into surgery. Waiting on my new patient consult to be scheduled. I am leaning towards gastric bypass.

I know at first I will struggle with getting my Protein in. I haven't really tried alot of different Protein Shakes. I have tried Premier Protein and the Walmart chocolate shakes.

Whats your go to Protein Shakes?

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

GNC lean shakes are good & my dietician has approved me to drink them Street after surgery! I hate Premier Protein 😖

people's tastes are so different that you're bound to get 100 different answers here. If possible, try to pick up some individual packets to see what you like before forking over $30 or $40 for a huge tub of it that you may end up hating. Places like GNC and Vitamin Shoppe often have packets of some of their Protein powders, or you can order them online (e.g., a package of several individual packets of different flavors of Syntrax).

to answer your question, my favorites were Unjury and Syntrax Nectar products (Unjury has to be ordered from Unjury's Web site - Syntrax products can be ordered from a lot of places, and you'll sometimes see it in stores, too)

On 5/9/2020 at 10:51 AM, ChubRub said:

Pre-op, I used Premier Protein and ensure, and like them both just fine.

Post-op, I discovered Fairlife Core Power and OMG, it's the best thing ever! I discovered it at Wawa, and now I get it from Amazon by the case!

Thank you! I'm outgrowing my taste for Premiere for some unknown reason.

I am required to purchase a special kit from Bariatric Advantage of Meal Replacements combined with Vitamin bottlex2 and chews as part of the hospitals program here