Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nah, just an annoying feeling. Not painful.

Got my Covid test today , weirdest feeling ever lol

Yup! It wasn't bad at all. It was mainly weird having something that far up my nose. My tip is breathe in when they are inserting it and stay calm. It's a scratching feeling but it's over fast. Afterwards my eyes watered and nose felt itchy and a mild burn. Within 5-10 minutes it was gone. You got this!

Sent from my motorola one hyper using BariatricPal mobile app

I had one done Monday for a Tuesday surgery .

On 5/7/2020 at 2:35 PM, Amanda0911 said:

They are having me do the Covid Test next week before my surgery on the 18th. Has anyone else had it done? Is it horrible? Just trying to prepare myself

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Easy peasy lots of watery eye. I did one for egd and am doing another the 26 before surgery the 28

They barley stuck the tip in. I was very surprised. It didn't even seem valid, but it met the requirements to get my surgery

Eddy Blaine Brown II

It gets dull over time, but it doesn't hurt, and besides, it is much better and safer than vaccination. I am not ready to get vaccinated even for money because there are a lot of side effects. In my opinion, there is nothing better than passing an express test and showing a negative result. My boss wanted to force me to get vaccinated, but I didn't want to do it and was not ready to lose my job. In the end, I found the perfect compromise. Every morning I had a rapid antibody test (confirmbiosciences.com) so that I could work in the office without hindrance.

Edited by JohnSlater

My 13yo son has chronic GI issues and has to have EDGs every 3 months. He's had to get a COVID test before every one for the last 16 months (6ish times total...?). He says that it makes his eyes Water and feels like he got a little water up his nose, but its not as miserable as people make it out to be (his words, not mine). I will have to do one ahead of my surgery and having watched him do it like a champ half a dozen times, I'm sure it'll be just fine!

I had to have one a week before and day of, it was the worst part of the surgery🤣

I had a Covid test for a surgery I had in December and it was a pretty bad experience. Maybe it was because I have a deviated septum (never been diagnosed, just suspected by nurses at different times) I ended up bleeding, hurting, and it was a mess. Now I know to warn them. I am going to ask about the throat swabs some of y'all are talking about, that would be much better. Most people are fine with the covid test tho, OP. I wouldn't worry. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-S767VL using BariatricPal mobile app

I've had 4 of them now. I had 3 surgeries and one EGD since January 2020 so I had to get tested each time.
As a nurse I've done this type of swab on countless people and a lot of them really hate it, but I don't find it too bad. It is uncomfortable and weird. The last one did give me a nosebleed, but didn't really hurt.
It's over quick at least!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app