Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 10/12/2020 at 4:29 AM, DesperateEC said:

Hi, with the sleeve before my 3 pregnancies I could only take 3-4 bites of food before feeling incredibly full even leading to vomiting. Within a year I had lost 150 pounds with the bypass it’s no longer a pouch fullness but an uncomfortable nausea feeling. I have an Iron stomach so I’ve only had dumping once but I stick to what I know to be safe. Everyone is different. To me the sleeve was much bettter because I’m a good addict

Agreed.

On 10/12/2020 at 8:29 PM, DesperateEC said:

Hi, with the sleeve before my 3 pregnancies I could only take 3-4 bites of food before feeling incredibly full even leading to vomiting. Within a year I had lost 150 pounds with the bypass it’s no longer a pouch fullness but an uncomfortable nausea feeling. I have an Iron stomach so I’ve only had dumping once but I stick to what I know to be safe. Everyone is different. To me the sleeve was much bettter because I’m a good addict

That sounds awful! Is this every time you eat or only if you over eat?

9 hours ago, coachchic said:

New&Improved , how can you no longer gain weight?

He can't answer because he was banned a while ago. However, my guess is that he'll discover gaining weight is still possible quite soon anyway.

25 minutes ago, summerset said:

He can't answer because he was banned a while ago. However, my guess is that he'll discover gaining weight is still possible quite soon anyway.

He was a self-appointed expert on WLS before he had his procedure.

10 hours ago, coachchic said:

New&Improved , how can you no longer gain weight?

N&I appeared to do very well with weight loss before and after his procedure, for months before and after he only did Protein Shakes, he ate very little food during all this time. He was very likely always eating to a very low deficit to maintenance calories (even when he got below goal weight), so when he did eat a treat or something a bit different, he didn't put on weight, so he thought he couldn't gain weight. Which was true for the most post but we need to remember he was always eating under maintenance with a fairly low calorie count.

It seemed to me he swapped a food obsession for another obsession .

54 minutes ago, Hop_Scotch said:

It seemed to me he swapped a food obsession for another obsession .

Unfortunately he isn't the only one. Disordered eating and exercise habits run rampant in the WLS community. Even worse is that this is often highly encouraged within the peer group.

I've been reading through this thread and have a question. Im having revision surgery next week. Went from sleeve to MGB and now to RNY because i have horrible reflux. I had excessive weight gain in the years of trying to get to a solution, so I'd love to lose some weight with this as well, but it is not the reason Im having surgery. I see a lot of people asking for stories of success and mostly Im reading that "it's just not as fast" or "I miss my sleeve" but you guys still lost weight right? Just took longer, so had success, but not as fast as you wanted?

You will lose weight. I was surprised that I hit the 150s. I never got below 164.8 with the sleeve and fought just to stay under 175. My metabolism isnt the best and I have never exercised through this whole thing because of my back. I strictly lost all my weight following the plan . I did lose 22 lbs after my revision 5 months ago and am maintaining with no problems. Its just different. Good luck

19 minutes ago, Photo925 said:

I've been reading through this thread and have a question. Im having revision surgery next week. Went from sleeve to MGB and now to RNY because i have horrible reflux. I had excessive weight gain in the years of trying to get to a solution, so I'd love to lose some weight with this as well, but it is not the reason Im having surgery. I see a lot of people asking for stories of success and mostly Im reading that "it's just not as fast" or "I miss my sleeve" but you guys still lost weight right? Just took longer, so had success, but not as fast as you wanted?

58 minutes ago, Photo925 said:

I had the RNY about 7 months ago for the same exact reason, the GERD was unbarable. I also gained a little weight back from eating carbs to try and stop the burning. I lost about 25 lbs pretty quickly after surgery, but havent lost a lb in the last 3 months. I am happy with my loss and am about the same weight i was at lowest with sleeve. Sometimes I miss me sleeve because the full feeling just isnt the same. Sometimes I think i eat a bit more because I dont have it. But in reality I think im eating about the same.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:31 PM, Photo925 said:

Yes I’m down 80 pounds since March. It’s just harder because the sleeve lets you know almost immediately that you’ve had enough or too much. The bypass doesn’t. Each individual is different. If I stayed on course I would’ve lost more but I’m trying my best and that’s all you can do

On 10/13/2020 at 7:50 PM, Kikikiki said:

That sounds awful! Is this every time you eat or only if you over eat?

It was awful because I kept pushing my boundaries. In the beginning it hurt to simply swallow Water quickly. I was used to that full feeling satisfaction so I pushed and pushed until I understood that we should live to eat but eat to live! I made sure my 2-3 bites were Protein and I did amazing.

On 8/15/2020 at 8:31 PM, Honi said:

I had the sleeve 15 months ago and my weight never literally fell off. Is that a fact for most with sleeve?

Nothing is a fact in weight loss surgery because there are too many variables. Literally everything down to genetics changes the outcome. But the sleeve is the most restrictive ( if don’t properly without complications) and safer surgery. The only thing is , is the stomach no matter how small can and will always stretch.