Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You are giving people bad information about the bypass when it was your 2nd surgery not your first.

I had the RNY BYPASS and had not one issue and below my goal weight already and doing amazing!!

On 5/14/2020 at 8:23 PM, MaybeMeow said:

Hi. I've been reading as many posts as I can for the last two months including this thread and I appreciate all of the insight and opinions. I just popped in to say after a GREAT DEAL of deliberation I have decided on the mini-gastric-bypass over the sleeve. The pros and cons equaled themselves. The final decision was made due to one important distinction. The MGB can be reversed. The Sleeve cannot. You can have surgery to go back to the way you were before WLS. This lightens the weight of "unknown complications causing a lifetime of misery" possibility. Just thought I'd share this.

Sleeve can be reversed.... Not by a "surgery", but by going back to your old ways of eating and stretching out the stomach.

Yes the MGB can be reversed, but why would you want to?

1 hour ago, Superman84 said:

You are giving people bad information about the bypass when it was your 2nd surgery not your first.

I had the RNY BYPASS and had not one issue and below my goal weight already and doing amazing!!

This is the revision page !!!!! Mind your business and go to your other forum with first timers !

Edited by Tracyringo

7 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

I feel no restriction with this bypass nothing, notta. I miss my sleeve and I am so sad I couldn't keep it, crying as a matter of fact, and all this gas, I have **** myself twice today !!! I keep telling myself everything will be okay and its way early. I feel so alone and helpless . I ate a Chobani yogurt today I made myself go slow but ate the whole thing and felt NOTHING had that been my sleeve 5 days post op it would have only been a few bites and I would have been done.

SAME!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Superman84 said:

I think it's different when you have/had a bypass the first time around ...

Unsure why - but thats my opinion. Sleeve to Bypass, I would assume is the same thing - it's a bypass.

I'm being revised tomorrow and I'm a nervous wreck!!! Unsure why - been anxious for a few days.. I was so ready in March, then April, and here I am and nervous! :D

11 minutes ago, ge0rgette2 said:

I think it's different when you have/had a bypass the first time around ...

Unsure why - but thats my opinion. Sleeve to Bypass, I would assume is the same thing - it's a bypass.

I'm being revised tomorrow and I'm a nervous wreck!!! Unsure why - been anxious for a few days.. I was so ready in March, then April, and here I am and nervous! :D

Good luck to you and I truly mean that. I will be watching for your progress and maybe we can share being so close together in revision surgeries.

Ya know I had read this thread before having the revision and heard the girl saying she had no restriction and I either commented or thought everyone is different and that maybe you don't feel it yet because we are numb from just being cut on ? I hope that is the case.

I would like to lose 20 lbs so hoping this malabsorption thing is for real with this bypass.

On a happy note if you are doing this because of GERD I haven't felt a thing ! I cant say its gone yet as they have me on my PPI for 3 months. I do believe it is gone though I have had no burning whatsoever !

On 5/7/2020 at 6:36 PM, DesperateEC said:

I haven’t pushed myself because I’m a food addict and the feeling of being full/satisfied is like chasing a high at this point but with the sleeve in the beginning I couldn’t eat more than 2-3 small bites. That’s what I need.to tame the beast

Exactly. I loved that restriction and if it is not coming back then this is all on me again like before I had the sleeve.

Are you measuring portions and how much are you eating at one sitting ?

7 minutes ago, Tracyringo said:

Good luck to you and I truly mean that. I will be watching for your progress and maybe we can share being so close together in revision surgeries.

Ya know I had read this thread before having the revision and heard the girl saying she had no restriction and I either commented or thought everyone is different and that maybe you don't feel it yet because we are numb from just being cut on ? I hope that is the case.

I would like to lose 20 lbs so hoping this malabsorption thing is for real with this bypass.

On a happy note if you are doing this because of GERD I haven't felt a thing ! I cant say its gone yet as they have me on my PPI for 3 months. I do believe it is gone though I have had no burning whatsoever !

:) yes, we will be pals ;)

I was sleeved almost 5 years ago --- did well, gained back a little, but this isn't for weight loss - the GERD hit me last year and I'm on double PPI now and it's horrendous - I have a umbilical hernia, not related, maybe they claim, but thats being repaired too - so maybe thats why I'm worried. I did great with the sleeve the first time around - pain, etc... I'm just worried this is a double whammy, the bypass and hernia fix. I am not looking forward to it - nervous and anxious ... I know it'll be fine -- just the high of getting it all done .. I just want it over with if you know what I mean. I was so prepped in March, excited, now with all this COVID and being put on hold - I just let my guard down -- worry no one can visit ... it's just a lot going on in my head... anyways, I'll be okay!! :)

I'd love to lose another 40-50 lbs, but if this GERD goes away -- AWESOME!!! that's what I'm waiting for.

Water gives me heartburn... its constant all day .. I'm glad they cleared the way here in NY for electives.

I was on the emergency list, so I've waited only 2 weeks.. Today is clear liquid - horrendous!! LOL

On 5/13/2020 at 8:14 PM, DesperateEC said:

EXACTLY! With the sleeve the weight literally falls off!! With the bypass it’s no physical stopping. I’m eating like I have the sleeve ( small bites) but the fact that I don’t get the full sensation temps me to snack😢😢 message you all the new sleeve patients : EMBRACE THE RESTRICTION!!!!

Yep and I don't understand why the DR. never told me this !

I must say you are doing very well to have lost 30 lbs so far !! Congrats

Edited by Tracyringo

6 minutes ago, ge0rgette2 said:

:) yes, we will be pals ;)

I was sleeved almost 5 years ago --- did well, gained back a little, but this isn't for weight loss - the GERD hit me last year and I'm on double PPI now and it's horrendous - I have a umbilical hernia, not related, maybe they claim, but thats being repaired too - so maybe thats why I'm worried. I did great with the sleeve the first time around - pain, etc... I'm just worried this is a double whammy, the bypass and hernia fix. I am not looking forward to it - nervous and anxious ... I know it'll be fine -- just the high of getting it all done .. I just want it over with if you know what I mean. I was so prepped in March, excited, now with all this COVID and being put on hold - I just let my guard down -- worry no one can visit ... it's just a lot going on in my head... anyways, I'll be okay!! :)

I'd love to lose another 40-50 lbs, but if this GERD goes away -- AWESOME!!! that's what I'm waiting for.

Water gives me heartburn... its constant all day .. I'm glad they cleared the way here in NY for electives.

I was on the emergency list, so I've waited only 2 weeks.. Today is clear liquid - horrendous!! LOL

I will tell you I had a hernia repair also with this bypass and I was in more pain then with the sleeve. They managed it with meds the worst I was was an 8 and that was after I started coming to so its foggy.

I know exactly what you mean I also just wanted it to be over with and be home and I am doing much better home then in the hospital .

I am surprised I am not tired and hurting more to be quite honest. I have been home a little over 48 hrs and only taken 3 pain pills.

You are going to do great and we can start getting this little extra weight off together !

What time is surgery ?

1 minute ago, Tracyringo said:

I will tell you I had a hernia repair also with this bypass and I was in more pain then with the sleeve. They managed it with meds the worst I was was an 8 and that was after I started coming to so its foggy.

I know exactly what you mean I also just wanted it to be over with and be home and I am doing much better home then in the hospital .

I am surprised I am not tired and hurting more to be quite honest. I have been home a little over 48 hrs and only taken 3 pain pills.

You are going to do great and we can start getting this little extra weight off together !

What time is surgery ?

Umbilical? right ... I had a hiatal fixed/removed during the sleeve, or maybe It was removed w/ the stomach LOL

I don't remember, lol

I am unsure what time - waiting for the 'call' today - I had to get a rush COVID test yesterday - I was anxious about that as well but it's negative. I had a horrendous dream, id get to today and find out otherwise!! EEEK!!!

My husband had the virus back in early March - was exposed, no antibodies though - my daughter, 17, had a high antibody rate and NOT ONE symptom, so weird I tell you!

I'm hoping it's early morning - unsure how many surgeries they are doing tomorrow.. I know he had 2 available dates upcoming since they removed the ban on electives... I'm one of the first surgeries to go now with the hospital opening up - they made sure I was okay knowing there is a COVID floor - but I believe that they are going to be so cautious now and soooo extra clean with everything.. I just hope I don't have to wear a mask in my room, that'll stink!!! They are horrible to breath, esp with the fogginess of the reading glasses.

I'm sure bypass will be fine - have had surgeries before, and two c-sections and managed lol

The hernia is scaring me, as I Have to be extra careful they said about lifting this time...

On 5/14/2020 at 6:54 PM, DesperateEC said:

Honestly it’s not about the actual number I’m just afraid to stop losing since it’s a slower process and I’m the one stopping myself after 2-3 bites. And I wish I could tell my family to leave me the hell alone but how can I when they are right? I did fail😔 I have 2 beautiful children from it but to ballon back after I’ve tasted the glory is so depressing.

I HAVE. IT CAN BE DONE.

I recommend therapy. It's really none of their business, and if you can't tell them to drop it or you're leaving the room, please get help!

On 5/14/2020 at 2:11 PM, frozengrapes said:

Same surgery date and have only lost 15! I do not have a lot to lose so I get it, I just thought it would be more when eating 750 high Protein, low fat, low sugar diet. And If I cant lose on a post diet, diet, then what? And yes I exercise.

On a positive note I have had normal blood sugar and off all meds since my first surgery. In 4 years with the sleeve was able to keep most of the weight off.

Hang in there. I am guessing that I will lose like you, slowly !! I am looking to lose 20 lb .

My question to you is how many calories do you think you will be able to eat to stay at goal ? I was eating around 800 to 1000 last summer just to stay at 166-168

30 minutes ago, ge0rgette2 said:

Umbilical? right ... I had a hiatal fixed/removed during the sleeve, or maybe It was removed w/ the stomach LOL

I don't remember, lol

I am unsure what time - waiting for the 'call' today - I had to get a rush COVID test yesterday - I was anxious about that as well but it's negative. I had a horrendous dream, id get to today and find out otherwise!! EEEK!!!

My husband had the virus back in early March - was exposed, no antibodies though - my daughter, 17, had a high antibody rate and NOT ONE symptom, so weird I tell you!

I'm hoping it's early morning - unsure how many surgeries they are doing tomorrow.. I know he had 2 available dates upcoming since they removed the ban on electives... I'm one of the first surgeries to go now with the hospital opening up - they made sure I was okay knowing there is a COVID floor - but I believe that they are going to be so cautious now and soooo extra clean with everything.. I just hope I don't have to wear a mask in my room, that'll stink!!! They are horrible to breath, esp with the fogginess of the reading glasses.

I'm sure bypass will be fine - have had surgeries before, and two c-sections and managed lol

The hernia is scaring me, as I Have to be extra careful they said about lifting this time...

My surgeon said no lifting more then 20 lbs, which I thought was a lot. Patients didn't have to wear masks, just the staff .

Now you are the first person I have spoke with that has known someone with covid. Glad your family is okay and didn't get all the horrible things the media talks about.