Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 2 days out of surgery. I am drinking a Protein juice that is clear that my doctor recommended. Wondering if it is okay to put this juice on ice. It would taste so much better if it was cold.

Congratulations!! How was it? How are you feeling? I would think it would be ok. The question is...will your new tummy agree?

It's MY time!

It was a positive experience. I thought it would be cancelled with COVID, but they kept me on and I was the second procedure since my hospital decided to resume elective procedure. Once under anesthesia, you literally wake up and are done. I stayed in the hospital one night. I am going to try the drink on ice. I have been able to hold down the liquids just fine so far. I just burp a lot and have hiccups, which can be painful.

Soooo glad you had a great experience! I go in next Friday...how was the gas pain that I keep hearing about?

I have heard some people ONLY like super cold drinks after...so I guess its trial and error and your personal preference. Unless he said don't dilute..ice should be a safe bet.

It's MY time!

So far I have only had gas from burps and hiccups. It hasn’t come from anywhere else yet. I also got lucky because I popped the morning of surgery so I think that helped. I hadn’t been able to poop the 6 days prior. I burp and hiccup all the time. I might be drinking too fast. After I drink I feel like I have to throw up, but it’s just gas. Once I left out a belch, I feel great. I got to shower today, which was awesome. When I was in pre-op, the morning of surgery, I was crying because I was scared. The medical staff was great. Once they rolled me in and I went under, I literally blinked and woke up in recovery. My procedure was 3 hours because I had some tissue damage that they repaired. But it was a good process. When I got out of surgery at 3pm, I slept a few hours and then I got up to walk. I went to urinate and had buckets of pee lol. The key is to walk a lot. The more you walk, the faster you go home. They give you lots of pain meds via an IV. I stayed one night and was discharged at 1pm the next day. The first night at home was rough. I couldn’t sleep. I’m a stomach sleeper but it was too uncomfortable so I slept on my back, which I hate. Today, I am not napping at all so that I can sleep better at night. We will see how it goes.

I had the procedure at UCLA medical in Los angels and they were great.

That was THE best experience I've heard so far!! I'm sooo glad that it was uneventful! I've prepared myself to be ready to walk as soon as I am able.

It's MY time!

I don’t like the texture of milky drinks like shakes and drinks from powder. So I am drinking a Protein juice instead. It’s not chalky and it goes down like a think juice. It’s called Isopure. You can buy them online at Amazon or at a Vitamin shop. We bought one of each flavor before the surgery so I could see which ones I liked. I put them on ice just now and they taste so much better.

Ok...I'll check them out. I'm glad it tastes better. Rest up![emoji3059]

It's MY time!

On 05/06/2020 at 17:20, Raebae said:

I was sleeved Monday also

How are you doing?

Just now, chrisisinchrist2 said:

How are you doing?

First day was the worst but really no pain just spasms and gas that hurt i keep walking though and its hard to drink or eat

3 hours ago, chrisisinchrist2 said:

I am 2 days out of surgery. I am drinking a Protein juice that is clear that my doctor recommended. Wondering if it is okay to put this juice on ice. It would taste so much better if it was cold.

should be fine to put it on ice, as long as you can tolerate it (some people can't tolerate temperature extremes after surgery - but others can)

On 05/06/2020 at 20:38, Raebae said:

First day was the worst but really no pain just spasms and gas that hurt i keep walking though and its hard to drink or eat

What is it that is “hard” about drinking or eating post-op? Is it just not having an appetite or is it physically being able to swallow etc?