Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Year Post OP Down 112lbs

This week marks 1 year post op and I am down 112lbs and holding pretty steady. I lost 100lbs the first 6 months and it was too easy. I knew it would not go on forever like that and to enjoy it while it lasted. The past 6 months things have been much more of a grind. Im still not at goal weight but I am happier with myself. To be completely honest I did this without any regular exercise, im not proud of this but I think its important. I know I would be at the goal weight if I were exercising. I removed all obstacles that I thought were in the way but Im still not doing it. Weight loss chart below to give everyone an idea what the rate of loss looks like. I think my results are fairly typical.

image.thumb.png.2cfa4ae8b93492945c3bccf161588c4b.png

Congrats!!! BTW - I kept losing during year 2 (another 40 lbs, actually). It was slow going, but I didn't stop losing until month 20. So there's still a chance you could get to goal!

Brent, no need to feel bad about not exercising. I got to goal weight without any real exercise except regular walking and have maintained it for about nine months.

However, I was--and continue to be--very disciplined when it comes to food. I still don't eat sugar or drink alcohol at all, and I keep carbs and fats to a minimum. I'm just not a gym person. We all have to find what works for us and our individual lifestyles. There is no one-size-fits-all long-term solution.

I’m 7 months out. HW 286 SW 245 CW 179. I only started to exercise now that in isolation. So most of my weight loss was prior to exercising. I’m in So FL where its hot & sunny. I’m fortunate to have pool. That’s where I do most exercise plus using hand weights. Haven’t seen big difference in any weight loss. But do see tighten of legs & some muscles developing! I don’t think muscles are so big that this is reason not seeing bigger weight loss. But do feel better. FYI- I do NOT like exercising. Never did. But slowly pushing myself.

On 5/6/2020 at 8:31 AM, Brent701 said:

This week marks 1 year post op and I am down 112lbs and holding pretty steady. I lost 100lbs the first 6 months and it was too easy. I knew it would not go on forever like that and to enjoy it while it lasted. The past 6 months things have been much more of a grind. Im still not at goal weight but I am happier with myself. To be completely honest I did this without any regular exercise, im not proud of this but I think its important. I know I would be at the goal weight if I were exercising. I removed all obstacles that I thought were in the way but Im still not doing it. Weight loss chart below to give everyone an idea what the rate of loss looks like. I think my results are fairly typical.

Congratulations! Yeah the first 6 months are the easiest, and its great you took advantage of it so well :)

As for the exercise (unless you are an endurance athlete or serious weight lifter), it doesn't really contribute much to weight loss, its more really for overall health, well-being, body contouring. food intake is the bigger determiner of weight loss.

I hated exercise in beginning also. I basically forced myself to do it though (and I was really mad about it!). Now I actually love running and other cardio activities (who'd have thunk?), and I do it almost daily.

BUT i still hate weight training. I figure it is a necessary evil and I force myself at least 15-20 minutes of it a day. It helps that Mr. is a fitness freak and is around for support & motivation (ie., physically dragging me to the mat, lol). Maybe get a workout buddy if you really want to get into it?

P.S. do we get to see some Before and After pics?? We LOVE Before and After pics!

Congratulations!!! I often wonder how much I should have lost at the 4 month mark. I agree with others that suggest that you find something to do that you love. I worked out prior to wls and continued as soon as I could afterwards. I do my workouts early mornings. No excuses. Since I would like to reach my goal by my 6 month mark, I have added walking/running in the afternoons. Best of luck to you...

Good job mate.

I was very strict from day 1 so I'm below goal right now just posted new photos..

Congrats! Ill be 1 year post op July 18th and im trying my hardest to hit small goals at a time but this whole year has taught me so much. I will never regret this surgery and i cant wait to see where im at in a few more months. 😁

Congrats!!! I agree, we need some before/after pics!!!