Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I need help! I had the sleeve in March of 2015. About a year ago I started gaining weight back. I've gained about 25 lbs back. I recently got a personal trainer and have been working out consistently for 2 months. The problem is the scale hasn't moved. My trainer focuses on strength training. So 4 of the 5 days we workout we are lifting and 1 day is cardio for about 30 minutes. He wants me to eat more because of this but physically I can't ( you guys can relate). He wants me to eat more than 1200 calories a day but I'm only getting in about 600. Maybe 700 or 800 on a good day.

I just need advice. I don't know if I should cut back on the strength training or revamp my eating (which I don't know what I should do with my eating). I just want to lose the weight I gained so that I can feel better in my body like I did year 1 and 2 after surgery.

Any advise who would!

Thanks in advanced.

Kudos on getting the fitness trainer and working out. Sounds like you need to get a trainer that understands your type of surgery and eating restrictions. This trainer might not be the one for you.

I am in your same boat. I had my surgery in 2014. I am considering going back on my preop liquid diet.

I had my gastric bypass in 2013. I did really well at maintaining until I suffered a serious knee and back injury. As a result of being unable to exercise or be active I gained weight. 9 days ago I started the reset diet. So far its working miraculously. It is teaching me to eat properly again, reducing my intake and lots of more energy. I also started using PatchAid vitamin patches as well.

Thanks so much for the encouragement! Please keep me posted.

Dont forget that muscle weighs more than fat. Try using a tape measure to see what the real deal is going on in that case. Im sure you thought of this before but it never hurts to be reminded.

During a phone appt. with my bariatric nurse practitioner last week, I commented the scale hasn’t been moving despite 600-700 cal. daily, 2 mile walks every morning and working out with weights afterward. She reminded that for some of us, actually for all of us but at different points, the body fears it’s being starved and holds onto weight in self preservation.

She suggested on days where energy expenditure is up, my caloric intake be upped by at least half the calories I expended. She advised I go to 800-1,000 on those days. The weight should begin to move once the body is happy knowing it’s not being starved. Sounds like your trainer knows his/her stuff, Kimyana1. Good luck and please keep us posted!