Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know that every journey is different, but I feel very discouraged with my numbers. I was sleeved October 1, 2019 and my surgery weight was 229. I am now 178 and I feel that I have not lost enough and am in a stall. I have had problems with my Water intake, partially due to my employer freaking out about additional bathroom breaks-I had to get an ADA accommodation, but it has expired, they want to hear from the doctor, who feels that it is ridiculous (he's not wrong).

I am embarking on an effort to try to pick up the pace , 2 30 minute exercise periods per day ad diet modification. I am 4'11 and feel that i should lose a minimum of 50 more, nd it seems impossible. I know that part of it is mind set, but I just don't know what to do, other than discuss it with people who get it. Grrrrrr.😟

I'm sorry, that sounds frustrating! I say don't give up and keep drinking that Water. I had a follow up appointment today and felt that my weight loss was slow. The doctor assured me I was right on track for my height, weight, age, and surgery type. Do you know if you're technically on track or not?

5 hours ago, rose4u said:

I know that every journey is different, but I feel very discouraged with my numbers. I was sleeved October 1, 2019 and my surgery weight was 229. I am now 178 and I feel that I have not lost enough and am in a stall. I have had problems with my Water intake, partially due to my employer freaking out about additional bathroom breaks-I had to get an ADA accommodation, but it has expired, they want to hear from the doctor, who feels that it is ridiculous (he's not wrong).

I am embarking on an effort to try to pick up the pace , 2 30 minute exercise periods per day ad diet modification. I am 4'11 and feel that i should lose a minimum of 50 more, nd it seems impossible. I know that part of it is mind set, but I just don't know what to do, other than discuss it with people who get it. Grrrrrr.😟

First of all congratulations on your 62 pound weight loss!
I was a slow loser also. I had surgery 8/13/18. I was 204 when I had surgery and in February of 2019 I was 162 which was a loss of 42 pounds. (same time frame I believe). I was tracking everything I ate and averaged 700 calories a day. It was super frustrating and it felt like a turning point for me. I joined a gym through my hospital that provided me with a personal trainer and went to the gym 4-5 days a week. I tightened up my diet and ate more Protein and fewer carbs . I made the decision that 40-50 pounds was not going to be good enough for me personally. Don’t get me wrong, I was pissed that I had to work “harder” than other people to get results, but that wasn’t going to change my situation.

Once I let that go and just accepted that I wasn’t doing anything wrong and that my slow metabolism wasn’t a character flaw, I found it easier to dig deep and work hard to reach my goal weight.

On the positive side: I had more time to adjust my lifestyle and eating habits and I never take a pound for granted. I maintain my weight on 1300 calories a day, so you can see why it took me longer, I just can’t eat a lot without gaining. I have tons of tricks and tips and I don’t feel deprived... ok, sometimes I do....But it’s ok, I’d rather grab an apple or a kind bar than be overweight again.

You aren’t done losing weight, it might come off slower but you can do it.

Track 100% of what you eat

hydrate the best you can (your boss sounds like a gem)

Move, walk, workout if you can as much as possible.

Wear a Fitbit or device that monitors your steps, set a goal and meet it everyday.

Best of luck and wtg with your loss so far!

Edited by Cheeseburgh

9 hours ago, rose4u said:

I know that part of it is mind set, but I just don't know what to do, other than discuss it with people who get it.

Another part of it is that you're quite short so it's harder for you to create a calorie deficit so your weight loss is slower.

Do you lose slow continuously or did weight loss come to a grinding stop for several weeks?

there are many factors that determine your rate of weight loss, many of which you have little or no control over - e.g., age, gender, metabolic rate, starting BMI, whether or not you lost a lot of weight prior to surgery. The one factor you DO have control over is whether or not you're sticking to your program. In the end, your level of commitment will have a MUCH greater impact on your ultimate success than your rate of weight loss will. I was a slow loser from the get-go, and I ended up losing 100% of my excess weight. SOOOO....are you sticking to your plan? Weighing/measuring things? Logging everything that goes into your mouth? If not, start with that. If yes, then unfortunately, you ARE a slow loser, but that doesn't mean that you can't get to your goal. It takes hard work and commitment, but you will eventually get there.

No reason to say the same thing as above, However look at it as positive look at the weight loss you have acquired - So it may take you a little longer Just stay focused and on track.

In years ahead willl it really matter that it took 16 months to get healthy and at your goal weight Vs the frustration you are feeling being anxious to get it off quickly. It wont matter down the road,

Stay healthy and you got this! FYI mix up your calories a little and do some intermittent fasting to break the stalls. Worked for me

Your employer needs therapy.

Thank you all, I feel much better reading these responses; I was right to share this concern. I am not sure if I am technically on track, but will make an effort to find out. I am pulling out all the stops for the first week of May with Water, Protein, carb and calorie counting, etc, that will make it easier to recalculate. I use Silk protein milk with Protein Powder for Breakfast, 8 oz of that stuff adds 10 grams of protein! The covid freak out has made me a little lax, but it also made me realize how I use food as a crutch, and I don't like it and don't want to be there again.

I was slow loosing, and then it did come to a grinding halt for several weeks, and that is when the frustration mounted. I had not taken my height into account for the creation of a calorie deficit, I will look into that.

I like to watch "My 600 lb Life" to keep things in perspective- those folks are facing the same issues as I am and they would probably be overjoyed to "only" need to drop 50-60 pounds. So right to try to focus on the victory so far. I can't speak for anyone else, but I was always subjected to negative conduct, so learning to keep my head up is something new. My job is a foolish place- and I work for a health care company! Thank you, thank you! 😘