Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do anyone have any good ice-cream ideas, I am lactose intolerant even moreso since the surgery and trying to find a good TCBY or ice-cream that would suffice my cravings. I have tried the no sugar popsicles and fudge bars but really want the taste of ice cream without all of the sugar and milk interaction? Thanks in advance!

Some people do a variation of ice cream with frozen bananas...(if you google no doubt there will be a few different recipes...I have seen some with banana, Peanut Butter and a little cashew milk.

But simply...peel and chop a couple of bananas, freeze them, and then blend.

Here are a couple of recipes I copied yesterday from the pound of cure website with the intention of trying them somewhere down the track.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream Serves: 1-2

Ingredients:
4 ripe Bananas, peeled
2 ounces Peanut Butter
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder

Directions:
Peel 4 ripe bananas and place them into the freezer for 2 hours.

Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down the bowl if necessary. Enjoy!

NOTES: Depending on your blender/food processor, your nice cream may become too soft. If that happens, just pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes. If you have a hard time creating a creamy consistency, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of cashew milk.

Peanut Butter and Banana Nice Cream Serves: 1-2

Ingredients:
3 ripe Bananas, peeled
2 ounces Peanut Butter

Directions:
Peel 3 ripe bananas and place them into the freezer for 2 hours.

Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down the bowl if necessary. Enjoy!

NOTES: Depending on your blender/food processor, your nice cream may become too soft. If that happens, just pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes. If you have a hard time creating a creamy consistency, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of cashew milk.

25 minutes ago, Hop_Scotch said:

Some people do a variation of ice cream with frozen bananas...(if you google no doubt there will be a few different recipes...I have seen some with banana, Peanut Butter and a little cashew milk.

But simply...peel and chop a couple of bananas, freeze them, and then blend.

Here are a couple of recipes I copied yesterday from the pound of cure website with the intention of trying them somewhere down the track.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream Serves: 1-2

Ingredients:
4 ripe Bananas, peeled
2 ounces Peanut Butter
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder

Directions:
Peel 4 ripe bananas and place them into the freezer for 2 hours.

Peanut Butter and banana Nice Cream Serves: 1-2

Ingredients:
3 ripe Bananas, peeled
2 ounces Peanut Butter

Directions:
Peel 3 ripe bananas and place them into the freezer for 2 hours.

@Hop_Scotch, thank you so much, just bought bananas today and always have peanut butter, I also have the unsweetned cocoa powder on hand will give this a try thank you so very much!

What about Enlightened ice cream? They make a dairy free version. It does have a little bit of sugar but no more than my dietician recommends. It’s low calories and decent ingredients. Some erythritol but that doesn’t cause digestive issues like maltitol. I haven’t had a chance to try it myself yet. They make ice cream bars as well.

https://eatenlightened.com/collections/dairy-free

Halo Top also makes dairy free.

making ice cream from banana would be a lot of sugar! But if your body can handle banana it’s an interesting recipe. I would think Peanut Butter powder would work better? i can’t tempt myself with peanut butter ...

45 minutes ago, Darktowerdream said:

What about Enlightened ice cream? They make a dairy free version. It does have a little bit of sugar but no more than my dietician recommends. It’s low calories and decent ingredients. Some erythritol but that doesn’t cause digestive issues like maltitol. I haven’t had a chance to try it myself yet. They make ice cream bars as well.

https://eatenlightened.com/collections/dairy-free

Halo Top also makes dairy free.

making ice cream from banana would be a lot of sugar! But if your body can handle banana it’s an interesting recipe. I would think Peanut Butter powder would work better? i can’t tempt myself with Peanut Butter ...

I have peanut butter powder as well!

I will admit my one addiction is having a baby banana 🍌 with yogurt for dinner. Manzanos I think they are called. Not always easy to find though. That and sugar free land o lakes whipped cream.

Peanut Butter powder is probably the healthier option but will give the same flavor to the mix.

I love frozen bananas!!

Also, try Fairlife Core Power Protein Shakes in vanilla. I swear it tastes just like melted ice cream.

I just discovered baby bananas and I only eat one a day, with Peanut Butter on it. YUM!

I started to make a faux ice cream sort of thing with my daily dinner yogurt. It’s good with oikos triple zero Peanut Butter banana yogurt cups, PEScience select peanut butter cookie Protein Powder (1/2 scoop) I mix in a bowl with a little pink salt. It gets a frosting like consistency. Then I pop it in the freezer 30 minutes. I take it out and mix it again, I guess you could use a hand mixer to whip more air into it. I don’t have one, but it does taste really good with sugar free land o lakes whipped cream. And it’s very low carb, hardly any sugar. The oikos has chicory root Fiber ( the best kind of fiber) and uses natural sweeteners. I normally use plain Fage Greek but sometimes use this or TwoGood yogurt. I also found a low carb granola in the grocery a few days ago. Called Sola it’s 4 net carbs and it is 8 grams Protein. though I only plan to use half a portion on my yogurt.

PEScience protein

http://rwrd.io/c6uus2e

Edited by Darktowerdream