Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Found a new food frozen but tastes like homemade

I’ve had a hard time finding foods I tolerate and rarely eat meat and stick to low carb foods as well. My issue is keeping things as simple as possible due to severely limited energy. For the most part it’s the same basic foods ie. a veggie burger and an egg. At least for my one main meal which is lunch. I found Real Good Foods products, I started with their chicken enchiladas that are in my calorie range, and low carb, plus my pouch didn’t totally reject them. To be honest nausea right now is a constant companion as is pain but that’s another subject. The enchiladas taste really good. Just the right portion size for where I’m at around 4.69 ounces, 190 calories, 20 grams Protein and 4 Total carbs (2 net carbs) the beef enchiladas are the same. They also have Breakfast sandwiches with cauliflower Buns .... I’m trying the second two things for the first time because I placed an order online since they have a sale and you get three free choczero Syrup with the order. And no worrying about finding it in the store or having to deal with the grocery. plus there’s $10 off and free shipping with I think $59. I spent $50 and change for 16 meals and three free syrups. Delivered free.

I hope it’s ok I share this. I thought it was great. I can’t do this often. But needed it right now .... and it’s comes out $3.18 per meal without counting the syrups that are regular price $7.99 each. It’s convenient frozen meals but like fresh homemade meals in quality.

http://realgoodfoods.refr.cc/christinek

I like the Cauliflower pizza by Real Good Foods, but a lot of their other product use chicken as the 'crust' or 'tortilla shell' and that grosses me out. I'm really weird about food. Like, really weird, as I'm an extremely picky eater and always have been. But yeah, the Cauliflower pizza gets a thumbs up from me.

8 hours ago, NovaLuna said:

I like the Cauliflower pizza by Real Good Foods, but a lot of their other product use chicken as the 'crust' or 'tortilla shell' and that grosses me out. I'm really weird about food. Like, really weird, as I'm an extremely picky eater and always have been. But yeah, the Cauliflower pizza gets a thumbs up from me.

I’m extremely picky too and honestly didn’t realize it had a chicken wrap when I first tried it. I was hesitant every time I saw it in the store to even try it. But then finally said ok just try it. The first time I made it I put it in the oven and didn’t see it said keep it in the pan it comes in I put it on foil but it tasted much better that way. I thought I would be grossed out but was surprised the chicken wrap is very thin and not overpowering. I think if it was microwaved I wouldn’t like it though. I haven’t tried the cauliflower pizza yet. Too high calorie for me and not sure how it would reheat. I rarely eat meat anymore but did find this good, I probably would prefer a veggie based wrap but I’ll take what I can get since it fits my calorie range, is very low carb and filling. Plus it’s 20 grams Protein. Which is awesome.

yes - I've liked several of those Real Good Foods frozen meals...(esp the enchiladas)

@Darktowerdream thank you so much for this info. I’ve been needing to get something easy and accessible for those days when time is short. The pizza one sounds really good! I’m going to get some today!

On 4/24/2020 at 10:39 PM, Darktowerdream said:

I’ve had a hard time finding foods I tolerate and rarely eat meat and stick to low carb foods as well. My issue is keeping things as simple as possible due to severely limited energy. For the most part it’s the same basic foods ie. a veggie burger and an egg. At least for my one main meal which is lunch. I found Real Good Foods products, I started with their chicken enchiladas that are in my calorie range, and low carb, plus my pouch didn’t totally reject them. To be honest nausea right now is a constant companion as is pain but that’s another subject. The enchiladas taste really good. Just the right portion size for where I’m at around 4.69 ounces, 190 calories, 20 grams Protein and 4 Total carbs (2 net carbs) the beef enchiladas are the same. They also have Breakfast sandwiches with cauliflower Buns .... I’m trying the second two things for the first time because I placed an order online since they have a sale and you get three free choczero Syrup with the order. And no worrying about finding it in the store or having to deal with the grocery. plus there’s $10 off and free shipping with I think $59. I spent $50 and change for 16 meals and three free syrups. Delivered free.

I hope it’s ok I share this. I thought it was great. I can’t do this often. But needed it right now .... and it’s comes out $3.18 per meal without counting the syrups that are regular price $7.99 each. It’s convenient frozen meals but like fresh homemade meals in quality.

http://realgoodfoods.refr.cc/christinek

Thank you for sharing will try out the ice-cream. Have you tried any of it and was able to tolerate it?

On 4/25/2020 at 9:17 AM, catwoman7 said:

yes - I've liked several of those Real Good Foods frozen meals...(esp the enchiladas)

I checked our location of them and it says, I can purchase at our local Walmart, are you getting them at a local store or buying them off line?

21 minutes ago, SlimChickadee said:

checked our location of them and it says, I can purchase at our local Walmart, are you getting them at a local store or buying them off line?

I’ve bought the enchiladas locally at Publix grocery, but recently placed an order online since they had a special offer to get free choczero syrups. Also if anyone uses the link I posted they get $10 off. It’s free shipping with $50. It seems like a lot but I shopped the flash sale and the special deal. I got chicken enchiladas, beef enchiladas and breakfast sandwiches.

Plus You do earn rewards buying online. I’m trying to avoid the grocery too often. Check out their Facebook page they have a ongoing contest to win a gift card.

I haven’t tried their ice cream yet. But it’s got great ingredients that I know wouldn’t bother my pouch. I just wish it were less calories. It would be more of a meal for me. Then again my dinners are plain Fage Greek yogurt with Protein Powder, a baby banana and some sf whipped cream.

1 hour ago, SlimChickadee said:

I checked our location of them and it says, I can purchase at our local Walmart, are you getting them at a local store or buying them off line?

I got them at our local Walmart

6 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

I got them at our local Walmart

Awesome, will check tomorrow! Thank you so very much!