Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any new surgery dates yet?

3 hours ago, PuddinJasper said:

Soooo....my surgeon requires a COVID-19 test done prior to my surgery in 5/15. I had it done yesterday. MY GOD. With everything going on right now...patients are not allowed in the medical offices here for testing. It was done in my car. I'm gripping the steering wheel..the inside roof of my car!! It was THE most horrible medical experience I've ever had to date. I really can't find the words. When it was over...I cried all the way home. Driving and crying.

It felt like a bleach and ammonia dipped hot pencil was stuck up my nose and into my brain! I swear its not an exaggeration. I just wanted to vent. I am hoping that I test negative. I have only been outside of my house twice and did everything I could to prevent my risk of exposure.

It's MY time!

Ugggh...my Dr. is requiring the same and I have to do it Friday. I am absolutely dreading it, but I know it’s necessary. I hope you’re feeling better! I May need to commiserate with you on Friday after my test!!

I will be here for you. I wish I could give you some tips to make it smoother..or less horrible but I just don't have ANYTHING. Go in with a fu*k it attitude...and get it done! Pretend that it's the ONE barrier between you and your ever after surgery!

It's MY time!

Hello everyone! I tried to post earlier so hopefully this won't show up twice lol today I got a call for a June 3rd surgery date! It was supposed to be on April 20th. FINALLY!! Congratulations to everyone that has finally gotten a new date, and to the ones that are still waiting, it will happen!! My Instagram is future_mrs_andrews_vsg. befriend me!! I love the support and friendships that have come along with getting this surgery!

On 05/06/2020 at 13:53, PuddinJasper said:

I will be here for you. I wish I could give you some tips to make it smoother..or less horrible but I just don't have ANYTHING. Go in with a fu*k it attitude...and get it done! Pretend that it's the ONE barrier between you and your ever after surgery!

It's MY time!

Puddinjasper, you described the COVID test perfectly! That was exactly how it felt. It actually helped me deal with it to know what to expect, but so not fun!!! Now just crossing my fingers it comes out negative as expected and my surgery this coming Tuesday happens as planned! 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

On 5/2/2020 at 5:36 PM, over65 said:

May 28. Start 2-week preop diet May 15.

Sent from my SM-T580 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm May 28th too! I start my milk diet (again) on this Thursday the 14th.

I'm in ATL and none here yet from my surgeon. Some of the hospitals here started back with surgeries on May 11th, but clearly my surgeon is not doing that as yet. No date known yet (and I wasn't scheduled, had just gotten approval at the time they stopped them, so no idea how much lag there will now be).

I was originally scheduled for 4/27, rescheduled to 5/15. I go in at 5am tomorrow morning. I’m super nervous, excited, anxious, giddy, and everything else. I’m totally starving as well. Jello, broth, and water/juice only go so far!😂

On 5/6/2020 at 11:27 AM, PuddinJasper said:

Soooo....my surgeon requires a COVID-19 test done prior to my surgery in 5/15. I had it done yesterday. MY GOD. With everything going on right now...patients are not allowed in the medical offices here for testing. It was done in my car. I'm gripping the steering wheel..the inside roof of my car!! It was THE most horrible medical experience I've ever had to date. I really can't find the words. When it was over...I cried all the way home. Driving and crying.

It felt like a bleach and ammonia dipped hot pencil was stuck up my nose and into my brain! I swear its not an exaggeration. I just wanted to vent. I am hoping that I test negative. I have only been outside of my house twice and did everything I could to prevent my risk of exposure.

It's MY time!

Omggggggg!!! I had one Monday. I cried out and the nurse asked me not to scream because they would think she was hurting me. The whole time I’m cursing her out in my head and wanting to kick her over the little counter! I thought flu swabs were bad, I’d rather have another baby unmedicated before I take another Covid test!

Omggggggg!!! I had one Monday. I cried out and the nurse asked me not to scream because they would think she was hurting me. The whole time I’m cursing her out in my head and wanting to kick her over the little counter! I thought flu swabs were bad, I’d rather have another baby unmedicated before I take another Covid test!
And people.thought I was exaggerating! I'm so glad it's over for you!! Ya ready????

It's MY time!

1 hour ago, PuddinJasper said:

And people.thought I was exaggerating! I'm so glad it's over for you!! Ya ready????

It's MY time!

I’m ready I guess, but super nervous. This will be my 2nd time under anesthesia, the first for dental surgery that lasted about 45 minutes or so. What about you? Do you want to exchange numbers and text/call sometime?

I’m ready I guess, but super nervous. This will be my 2nd time under anesthesia, the first for dental surgery that lasted about 45 minutes or so. What about you? Do you want to exchange numbers and text/call sometime?

Sure....how can I send you a message actually? I'm all over the place!

It's MY time!