Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Blood Pressure

I was told to add extra salt to my diet too but it seems my vertigo attacks are from Meniere’s so additional salt is a no no for me. (Low BP dizziness & vision loss coupled with severe vertigo dizziness is not pleasant!) As I always had a tendency to a lower BP & used to have random bouts of dizziness & vision loss, I think I will suffer the multiple occurrences everyday forever now. Very sad face.

Try magnesium & Calcium for your leg cramps @ThreeOhThree. I always found that combination helped me.

I felt dehydrated last night as I was going to bed. Woke still feeling dehydrated, had a little coffee and a Protein Shake. Got up to go meet a friend for lunch and felt a little light headed as I was leaving. Grabbed a bottle of Water for the drive to the restaurant and ate, caught up with her and had some kind of crazy overheated like hot flash during lunch for no apparent reason, felt a little nauseous but thought maybe I was just full since I drank all that water and ate food, which I normally never do anymore. As I was leaving, stood up and felt again a little light headed but thought I was fine. Walked to the front door of the restaurant through. the interior lobby door and then through the outer door. As soon as the 95 degree blast hit me outside as the second door closed behind me I knew I needed to go back inside and sit down. Before I could turn around and open the door I was on the ground hit my head on the door or the stone wall not sure which. Took about five seconds to shake it off and stand back up and five more to be sure I was steady and made for my car and some air conditioning until my husband could come get me. Am a little bruised and scraped and then realized my head was bleeding under my hair. Drank three more bottles of water since I got home and no longer feel like I am going to fall down every time I stand up. Took my BP when I got home, husband said it was low but I don't remember what he said it was. My heart rate was only 36 BPM which for me was normal when I was younger and thinner. The day I checked in for my surgery it was all the way up to 50 BPM because I was so overweight. I am going to have to be way more careful about staying hydrated. Learn from my mistake :)

Edited by mary77450

Omg! I definitely thought it was a hot flash and I drink a Premier Protein with my coffee. I have been having 2 cups of coffee lately instead of 1 and I guess that coupled with this increased florida heat just finally caught up with me. I try to keep Water and Gatorade on me if I go anywhere. I’m finding it hard to find surgery free Gatorade in most of the stores around me. So I’m back to keeping a small one in my bag like I did immediately after sugar and just ordering a cup of ice to pour it on if I go out. This is my first summer post op.

Edited by ThreeOhThree

coffee is a diuretic. So it will make you flush Fluid out of your body more quickly. Some say it flushes more out of you then you took in by drinking it. Keep to Water. It’s the best thing to keep you hydrated. I should have also mentioned keeping up your fluids to help with your low bp.

Sounds like you had a cold sweat from low blood sugars. Did your legs go like jelly? No energy? I kept diluted hydralite with me for months after surgery (& that was thru winter). One in the car, one in my bag when I went out & one by my bed. Gave me a burst to keep me going.