Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2020 surgeries

Had surgery on the 26th and still have not had a BM. I am having issues with nausea. I can drink Water and Powerade fine, but when I start drinking my Premier Protein I instantly start getting nauseated. I am trying to get at least 60g of Protein but it is not easy. I haven’t tried broth or anything else yet

9 minutes ago, Mebadwow said:

Had surgery on the 26th and still have not had a BM. I am having issues with nausea. I can drink Water and Powerade fine, but when I start drinking my Premier Protein I instantly start getting nauseated. I am trying to get at least 60g of Protein but it is not easy. I haven’t tried broth or anything else yet

I found the only flavor I could tolerate was chocolate and I had to thin it with unsweetened almond milk to get it to go down.

Chicken Broth homemade is wonderful. Add the Protein Powder to it it dissolves. I am so sick of chocolate as well, the vanilla with ice cubes is great with Decaf coffee as well. Try different combinations til one hits the spot. In 2 weeks u will get to puree and then it gets easier. Also make sure to add sf popsicles and mix flavorless protein into ice cubes with a SF sweetener

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using BariatricPal mobile app

I guess this is as good a place as any to hop in ;)

I had the sleeve done June 29th and so far so good. Still a little sore but overall i feel great and have not had any problems with reflux or nausea. Well except for that one popsicle incident but hey lesson learned xD

Glad i found this place though. Looks like lots of knowledge and tips to be shared. :)

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my surgery on 9 of June in Hong Kong, and now I am feeling hungry again.

It is all fine when I was in liquid period, but when I returned to taste the real food, the craving is back.

3 minutes ago, Kelvin Law said:

I had my surgery on 9 of June in Hong Kong, and now I am feeling hungry again.

It is all fine when I was in liquid period, but when I returned to taste the real food, the craving is back.

What type of foods are you eating? Are you getting plenty of none calorie fluids? Still on medication to reduce stomach acid?

Edited by Hop_Scotch

Yesterday is my mother's birthday party, I have some Chinese food.< br />
I should only have Soup in this period, but I can't resist the food yesterday

33 minutes ago, Kelvin Law said:

Yesterday is my mother's birthday party, I have some Chinese food.< br />
I should only have Soup in this period, but I can't resist the food yesterday

You are going to have to work harder at resisting food that is not part of your post op food guidelines for a couple of reasons...one you don't want to compromise your sleeve as your stomach is still healing, secondly you will very likely compromise your weight loss.

The cravings you are feeling may well be acid reflux if you aren't taking medication to reduce stomach acid. If they continue you may need to talk to your doctor to check.

If its genuine hunger maybe add some tasteless Protein Powder to your Soup or blend/puree some minced meat or minced chicken with your soup - give it a good blend/puree so that the minced meat is mostly liquidified.

Thank for your advices

My surgery was June 29

On 5/13/2020 at 1:00 PM, mhall said:

I’m scheduled for June 25th through Blossom Bariatrics.

Hope all went well. When you are up to it, please write about your experience at Blossom. I am going there mid August. Beside the usual surgery concerns, I am flying from the east coast and covid is on the rise.

On 5/14/2020 at 4:23 PM, Takoda said:

Good luck!! Yay! another June buddy!

Hope all went well. Please up us on your Blossom experience. I am going mid August. I am concerned flying from the east coast with covid on the rise.

Hey! I had my VSG on June 23rd and let me say... the last few weeks have been complete HELL for me. I am going to add that I am 22 y/o with no prior complications, surgeries or medical issues besides obesity.

Post-op I was having a lot of pain (my surgeon sends his it’s home with Tylenol 1000mg) and nothing would relieve it. I had constant nausea and vomiting, even though I was just sipping water...the 64oz a day seemed impossible.

Around post-op day 3 I told my surgeon that the pain was unbearable and that I couldn’t even get myself out of bed or wipe myself in the bathroom. He said this was unusual but ordered Tylenol w/ codeine. And my case RN assured me that all pain and discomfort would be gone by post-op day 5.

Post-op day 5 comes and I have diarrhea, shortness of breath, and still can’t move without assistance. The pain is unbearable. I call my surgeon and he says to go to the ER.

Long story short I get admitted to the ER with 2 abdominal abscesses and pylonephritis. I stayed in the Hospital for 6 days and literally only sipped on Water with some sips of apple juice. On the last day the doc said I also had severe GERD and that was attributing to the pain.

Now I am home, feeling a little stronger but have ABSOLUTELY NO desire to eat anything. I tried to drink some Protein Shakes but I just kept gagging. I am still weak but the stomach pain has gone down. I sincerely hope nobody else has to go through this.

I would really appreciate any tips anyone has for getting in full liquids or more water. I feel so scared to advance because of the pain. Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, Aly23Mtz said:

Hey! I had my VSG on June 23rd and let me say... the last few weeks have been complete HELL for me. I am going to add that I am 22 y/o with no prior complications, surgeries or medical issues besides obesity.

Post-op I was having a lot of pain (my surgeon sends his it’s home with Tylenol 1000mg) and nothing would relieve it. I had constant nausea and vomiting, even though I was just sipping water...the 64oz a day seemed impossible.

Around post-op day 3 I told my surgeon that the pain was unbearable and that I couldn’t even get myself out of bed or wipe myself in the bathroom. He said this was unusual but ordered Tylenol w/ codeine. And my case RN assured me that all pain and discomfort would be gone by post-op day 5.

Post-op day 5 comes and I have diarrhea, shortness of breath, and still can’t move without assistance. The pain is unbearable. I call my surgeon and he says to go to the ER.

Long story short I get admitted to the ER with 2 abdominal abscesses and pylonephritis. I stayed in the Hospital for 6 days and literally only sipped on Water with some sips of apple juice. On the last day the doc said I also had severe GERD and that was attributing to the pain.

Now I am home, feeling a little stronger but have ABSOLUTELY NO desire to eat anything. I tried to drink some Protein Shakes but I just kept gagging. I am still weak but the stomach pain has gone down. I sincerely hope nobody else has to go through this.

I would really appreciate any tips anyone has for getting in full liquids or more Water. I feel so scared to advance because of the pain. Thanks in advance!

That's rough did you have any gerd symptoms before surgery? If it keeps causing you trouble you may need a revision surgery

No I didn’t strangely enough, it’s weird going from nothing to severe GERD. At this point I am regretting the surgery, but am hoping with time it’ll get better