Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2020 surgeries

3 minutes ago, StaceynHorton said:

Night snacking has been where my struggle is too, but I have pushed through and made it. My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 9am.

That is absolutely me. My normal meals were fine and healthy. I just ended up eating an entire extra dinner's worth of calories by the time I went to bed at midnight.

21 minutes ago, LisaDee1 said:

Had my Covid test yesterday and it was horrible... my right nostril is still hurting..... and i was STARVING last night. I had to mentally chain my body to the bed because i was craving potato chips... i rarely even eat potato chips.... i even said i will get them and just lick the outside.... arghhhh....
today has been better... but i have always been a night snacker and i feel it coming back.
Surgery is on Friday.... i am struggling

I can assure you that after surgery it won't be that kind of struggle. I am more than two weeks past surgery and the struggle is getting just some calories in, no hunger issues at all.

55 minutes ago, LisaDee1 said:

Had my Covid test yesterday and it was horrible... my right nostril is still hurting..... and i was STARVING last night. I had to mentally chain my body to the bed because i was craving potato chips... i rarely even eat potato chips.... i even said i will get them and just lick the outside.... arghhhh....
today has been better... but i have always been a night snacker and i feel it coming back.
Surgery is on Friday.... i am struggling

I know you are feeling extra emotional now, but it will all be okay 😊

38 minutes ago, Provost said:

That is absolutely me. My normal meals were fine and healthy. I just ended up eating an entire extra dinner's worth of calories by the time I went to bed at midnight.

Same here but I’ve been told multiple times that it will be the exact opposite after surgery and that it’s hard to get in calories. I guess we’re about to find out.

My surgery was yesterday, I had bad nausea overnight but little pain and actually didn't get pain meds last night... But man, that nausea was aweful! Up and about today and starting to feel better [emoji4]

Sent from my CPH1831 using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery is Friday and I caved in today and ate a little. I’ve been so good at my liquid diet, but I am not sure if it was emotional eating or just the thought I wouldn’t be wasting normally ever again. I hope I didn’t screw myself

10 hours ago, Mebadwow said:

My surgery is Friday and I caved in today and ate a little. I’ve been so good at my liquid diet, but I am not sure if it was emotional eating or just the thought I wouldn’t be wasting normally ever again. I hope I didn’t screw myself

You did not, I promise. Some surgeons require little for pre-op diets and the surgeries are fine. Please don’t worry 🙂

1 hour ago, AlwaysCruising said:

You did not, I promise. Some surgeons require little for pre-op diets and the surgeries are fine. Please don’t worry 🙂

Yup. My surgeon didn't require ANY pre-op diet at all.. besides no food or Water after 12am..

I ate tacos the day before (but early in the day so they had time to digest).

Covid test is negative and I am all set for surgery tomorrow at 10:00...

55 minutes ago, LisaDee1 said:

Covid test is negative and I am all set for surgery tomorrow at 10:00...

Congratulations! Good luck!

Today June 25th was my surgery day at Blossom. Have to say so far my experience has exceeded my expectations. If you’re nervous, try not to be. Everything went on schedule and was seamless. I’m about 7 hours out from surgery. No pain, just a little discomfort. Gas pain is gone but was tolerable. At this point, I absolute don’t regret this decision. They’ve been A++++!

Today is the day! I am registered at the hospital and waiting to go in!!! Wish me luck... PS... my nerves are making my stomach bubble

so I am 2 days post op. just came home late last night. I wish I could say it was prefect but i'd be lying. I spent the entire night in the hospital in excruciating pain from muscle spsams from my new pouch which set off spasms in a disc in my back. I literally stayed on my fee from 7pm to 6am next day because sitting or laying hurt too much. once they got it figured out it starter to get better. I am home and still in quite a bit if abdominal pain which wears me out pretty quick. other than that fluids go down- but I have to keep taking anti-spasm meds otherwise it hurts . im hoping I improve quickly-;I knew it was going to be easy, but I didn't think it would be this bad either lol.

On 6/26/2020 at 8:12 AM, Solo4ever said:

so I am 2 days post op. just came home late last night. I wish I could say it was prefect but i'd be lying. I spent the entire night in the hospital in excruciating pain from muscle spsams from my new pouch which set off spasms in a disc in my back. I literally stayed on my fee from 7pm to 6am next day because sitting or laying hurt too much. once they got it figured out it starter to get better. I am home and still in quite a bit if abdominal pain which wears me out pretty quick. other than that fluids go down- but I have to keep taking anti-spasm meds otherwise it hurts . im hoping I improve quickly-;I knew it was going to be easy, but I didn't think it would be this bad either lol.

You are in our thoughts! This will all be worth it in the end! I hope your spasms don't last that long!

Hey crew! My first post here. I just had surgery on 6/22/20 so I am a few days post op at this point. I had A TON of pain the first two days from the gas they pump into your abdomen. I was not prepared for that. So far so good now though, although I feel my reflux is a mess. Anyone else have bad reflux after? My highest weight ever was 450. Day of surgery I was 406 and today I just broke 400 and am at 397.4 and could not be happier! Looking forward to working together with everyone