Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2020 surgeries

Just had my anesthesia pre op and covid test today. Not the most pleasant thing in the world, but not as bad as I though it would be. Now to wait for the results....
June 22 can't come fast enough! This anticipation is probably worse than the actual surgery!

Sent from my SM-G986U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 5/2/2020 at 10:03 PM, G8trgrl said:

Yours is 4 days before mine. Mine is June 15th.

Your surgery is today!! I hope you are going great!! I had mine at Blossom 1 week ago and I feel really good. Only trouble I am having is shoulder pain from the gas.

1 hour ago, Thevillegirl said:

Your surgery is today!! I hope you are going great!! I had mine at Blossom 1 week ago and I feel really good. Only trouble I am having is shoulder pain from the gas.

I’m doing pretty well considering. The walking is helping to get rid of the gas.

Have someone pound on your back it helped me a lot. Which Dr. did your surgery?

Tomorrow you will get another IV treatment and then they will be done with you. I bought the vitamin patches from them as well as the Unjury chicken broth which is not bad. I ordered from Amazon the Premier Protein Clear that they give you and the chocolate shakes which I drank on my second day. Travel day back to Cleveland was a little rough but just take it slow. We can do this together!!!

8 hours ago, Thevillegirl said:

Have someone pound on your back it helped me a lot. Which Dr. did your surgery?

Tomorrow you will get another IV treatment and then they will be done with you. I bought the vitamin patches from them as well as the Unjury chicken broth which is not bad. I ordered from Amazon the Premier Protein Clear that they give you and the chocolate shakes which I drank on my second day. Travel day back to Cleveland was a little rough but just take it slow. We can do this together!!!

That’s a new one (the pounding on the back one)! I had a hellish time with gas after my hysterectomy and so it’s my biggest concern for this surgery. I would do anything to improve it. I had such pain in my back and shoulders the first time around, and walking (standing), the heating pad, and gas-x helped some. Good luck with your recovery. I will follow you on Thursday

Calling all June18th peeps!

I had my official pre-op yesterday and my covid-19 test (I am sue many of you did). For those of you who haven’t had the covid test, please don’t let people scare you. It isn’t close to be as bad as an IV, it is actually a lot like when you get Water in your nose in the pool and it burns except the test isn’t that strong a sting and it’s 10 seconds per nostril (the mild sting is about half that time).

This is about to get real! 😯

Edited by AlwaysCruising

Hey guys,

Newbie here, had my bypass done in Brazil, on the 11th last Thursday.

Still on Clear Liquids and let me say they do not have the amount of stuff we have in the USA. I wish we had Protein Water and yummy Soups. Thank goodness I have my mom to make me broths!!!

but I was also worried because liquids are going down not a problem!

Anyone else have pain near their spleen!!

Just had mine yesterday. I must say it was an extremely easy procedure.

I'm up and about and enjoying my self, pain free. Seriously, I don’t feel like I just had a major surgery.

Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings.

I have endoscopic sleeve scheduled for a week from tomorrow- they scheduled it just a few weeks ago! Moved quick and I am so excited! Would love to connect with others on a similar timeline for a buddy system to share ideas, experience and accountability. Please reach out if interested.

1 hour ago, LinLou said:

Just had mine yesterday. I must say it was an extremely easy procedure.

I'm up and about and enjoying my self, pain free. Seriously, I don’t feel like I just had a major surgery.

Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Same here!! I'm still like did I really have surgery!?! A major one at that! Lol I'm still a little shocked! I'll be at 2 weeks tomorrow!!

I had my gastric sleeve surgery on June 11th and I’m currently on the full liquid diet. I’m struggling a little bit with the Protein Shakes because they seem so sweet to me now, but thankfully my dietitian said I could thin them with the fair life skim milk. I’m ready for the puréed stage, I’m definitely going to enjoy those scrambled eggs! 😂

Yes , June 30th and I’m on liquid diet right now and OMG I’m having headaches 🙈 coffee withdrawals