Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2020 surgeries

8 minutes ago, Andrews2018 said:

Hey there! My nerves were a little heightened also, I just took deep breaths, and new that once I was in the operating room, that I'd be knocked out soon! They gave me a little calming/drowsy solution through my iv before I was wheeled down. So my nerves went out of the window! I was sleeved one week ago today! Good luck! Congratulations! Happy for you!

Thank you.. I think I need whatever they gave you right now. I've never been one to like surgery or to be put to sleep. I am however thankful to have the procedure done.. I know these next 2 weeks will fly by and I'll be in recovery soon.

48 minutes ago, chunkarella said:

I had my final class today and my pre-op testing. i just have an echo to get done tomorrow (born w/heart valve issue & they want me to be cleared for surgery) and then the covid on sun then my surgery next wed.

i've gained some weight since covid (stress/hopelessness/depression) and my doc said no more weight gain from here until my surgery next wednesday or she'll cancel it. i get it, but i plan to start my liquid diet earlier (just bought a bunch of Protein drinks/crystal light/jello from Walmart to pick up tomorrow) and plan to walk 2x a day w/my dog if i can. a mile each time, more if i can swing it in w/my work schedule and appointments.

It's gettin' real real ya'll.. i cant' have anyone w/me because of covid (not in the hospital to stay overnight or to visit..) but its ok bc ive been doing this journey by myself (not married/living alone) so it's only appropriate that i do this final step alone.

Prayers to you.. you got this. Where are you located and when is your surgery?

46 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Prayers to you.. you got this. Where are you located and when is your surgery?

Thank you!

I am in Western NY and have my surgery next wednesday! its the first procedure of the day, so at least i wont have to wait all day for it!

Well tomorrow is day for me! I’m excited and terrified!

Hello everyone, I'm new on here. I am feeling a little nervous and kind of having second thoughts. My friend told me to go on here and that this app will helping me a lot. My sleeve suergy will be on June 15 at 7:30 am. The doctor just told me to be on a liquid diet the day before and told me I will go home the same day. I havent heard no one go home that soon. Is that normal?

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am in Australia so it may be different, I had surgery on a Wednesday and left hospital on the Friday, would have been Saturday if the senior nurse hadn't prompted the surgeon to come in and discharge me.

I've seen a couple cases of people going home the same day in USA not sure if because their insurance won't cover for more days in hosptial or if the current virus situation is prompting early discharge.

Have you spoken to your surgeon about your concerns.

I would have thought being in hospital an extra day or two would allow them to keep you hydrated with iv fluids and also allow for pain mangement.

I am in Australia so it may be different, I had surgery on a Wednesday and left hospital on the Friday, would have been Saturday if the senior nurse hadn't prompted the surgeon to come in and discharge me.
I've seen a couple cases of people going home the same day in USA not sure if because their insurance won't cover for more days in hosptial or if the current virus situation is prompting early discharge.
Have you spoken to your surgeon about your concerns.
I would have thought being in hospital an extra day or two would allow them to keep you hydrated with iv fluids and also allow for pain mangement.

I was scheduled for my suergy in march and then all this covid thing happened. Just friday they called me to tell me that my suergy was this up coming friday. Everything is just going very fast. Theirs alot of doctors calling me to give me so much instruction. And the surgeon when I asked him he just said, "you will be fine nothing bad is going to happened to you, you'll be fine to go home". But reading all these comments , I really dont know now. It might be because of the Covid situation. I really just hope everything does go well. My suergy will be in west los angeles.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

@focusonme sending prayers! You’re going to do great! Let us know how it went.

14 hours ago, colormehappy said:

Sorry I’m being a serial poster. Did anyone have (or will have) an On-Q pump? When I woke up from surgery I had a small incision at the bottom of my sternum, and two catheters running under my skin on both sides of my abdomen. Then I carried around a little zippered bag of medication that slowly dripped into my abdomen for 3 days, numbing things. It was awesome and I had almost zero pain. At 72 hours I was able to gently pull out the catheters and throw the whole thing away. I’ve just never seen it mentioned here and was curious how common it was!

Never had a Q pump in. It sounds interesting!

19 hours ago, Puffin said:

thank you for chiming in, I really appreciate it. My surgery is coming up and 2 weeks and I'm trying to soak up as much information as possible :)

It all feels like a lot I know. No matter what, it will be okay and you will get through it just fine.
🙂

@abiebaby I also don’t have to be on the liquid diet - crazy glad far it too!

Edited by AlwaysCruising

Heading to Mexico this morning, surgery tomorrow (12th) if all goes as planned. 7 day pre-op went well, 12.6lbs down. Ready to get this done. Will update when ready. Thanks all for the support!