Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2020 surgeries

Hi Gang! Well, my surgery is at 1:45 tomorrow! (unless I get a call saying it's moved earlier). Today is bag packing day and setting things up for my friend to care for my kiddo while hubs and I are in the hospital. So relieved he can stay with me. Worried last night about a possible UTI. I get 2-3 a year. Took an at-home test this morning and it was negative thank goodness. But feeling the twinges. Wondering what happens if you get one right after catheter? Never had one and hear they can cause them. Particularly in those prone. Anyway, maybe just irritation from the 90 ozs of drinkable Protein I'm guzzling each day? Hoping nothing gets in the way of getting this DONE. Sending allllllll the good stuff out to you guys!!! And I'll take some in return. ONWARD!!!!

9 minutes ago, MaybeMeow said:

Hi Gang! Well, my surgery is at 1:45 tomorrow! (unless I get a call saying it's moved earlier). Today is bag packing day and setting things up for my friend to care for my kiddo while hubs and I are in the hospital. So relieved he can stay with me. Worried last night about a possible UTI. I get 2-3 a year. Took an at-home test this morning and it was negative thank goodness. But feeling the twinges. Wondering what happens if you get one right after catheter? Never had one and hear they can cause them. Particularly in those prone. Anyway, maybe just irritation from the 90 ozs of drinkable Protein I'm guzzling each day? Hoping nothing gets in the way of getting this DONE. Sending allllllll the good stuff out to you guys!!! And I'll take some in return. ONWARD!!!!

You got this! I'm also prone to UTI's, so I feel your concern. I think worst if you get one would just be setting you up with antibiotics like usual and try to force liquids even more. Sending good energy your way. Keep us updated!!

Good luck tomorrow!! I just had surgery on June 3rd, so I know exactly what you're going thru. You'll be fine and if you have any questions, please reach out.

6 hours ago, BoredFatGirl said:

I am currently in recovery. Everything went smoothly. I have some tummy pains but it's not unbearable. I wanted to get up and potty a half hour after surgery. It was tough then, especially trying to wipe myself, but it's getting easier. About to walk around in circles in my room to try and get more of this gas out (hoping that will help with the tummy pain)

Hi! I'm so happy for you that it's done. Hope your gas pains go away soon ... let me know how the walking helps. My surgery got postponed because I have a rash that looks like it might be a tick born issue... the doctor said if it is something from an insect or a tick that it might manifest in a negative way during the recovery process when my immunity is lower. I'm fine with that, I do NOT want to add any risk whatsoever to the surgery.

On 6/5/2020 at 12:47 PM, AlwaysCruising said:

I hope we both get lucky and have restrictions lifted prior. When he had to have a heart cath I spent the night on a cot in jeans. I didn’t sleep much, they came in the room a lot, but there was no way I was leaving. He is going to feel guilty not being there even if it isn’t his fault.

I will cross my fingers for you - we are in Atlanta and with such a diverse population (as well as the world’s largest international airport}, we got more than our fair share of covid-19 cases. I hope that you’re in the area that had very few cases, maybe their restrictions won’t be a staff. 🤞🏼

What hospital is your surgery being performed? I am having mine done in Atlanta also.

Hey everyone.
My surgery went good. I’m back in my room, been in and out since the surgery. Right after I woke up, I was very uncomfortable because of the gas pain but when I moved around a little and burped it up I felt a lot better. Now I’m just sore and a painful where they did the incision. Nothing the pain meds can’t fix 😄 but over all doing pretty good.
Best of luck to everyone whose surgery is coming up!

50 minutes ago, TacosBeforeGuapos said:

Hey everyone.
My surgery went good. I’m back in my room, been in and out since the surgery. Right after I woke up, I was very uncomfortable because of the gas pain but when I moved around a little and burped it up I felt a lot better. Now I’m just sore and a painful where they did the incision. Nothing the pain meds can’t fix 😄 but over all doing pretty good.
Best of luck to everyone whose surgery is coming up!

Woo Hoo! SO great to hear from you! Keep burping! Walking and Sipping! Check in when you're bored!

Surgery finally rescheduled!! I’m 06/22 any others on that day? I’m so excited after waiting 3 months to be scheduled again

4 hours ago, LisaDee1 said:

What hospital is your surgery being performed? I am having mine done in Atlanta also.

Hi Lisa! I will be at Northside. You?

Hello Everyone! My name is Chanelle! I was just sleeved on Wednesday June 3rd! Congrats on those who have dates, and have had surgery!! Yay! My Instagram is future_mrs_andrews_vsg if anyone wants to be buddies! I am here for support and to help answer any questions that I can!! 🤗🤗

On 6/5/2020 at 2:59 PM, AlwaysCruising said:

Hello again! Sorry I missed this post the first time. As to your question on cooking veggies -

this may sound strange, but after being on weight watchers for five years I figured out that I could actually sauté vegetables in broth. And it’s good! I would use that better than broth paste, get a little bit of it with some Water and use it almost like butter for sautéed in a stirfry and the vegetables. You can add more you need to. You would think it wouldn’t work, but it works beautifully!

p.s. we were actually headed your way in June, but then our cruise was canceled. We were so bombed it had been years and we thought this would be a perfect time of year to visit again. But we will return. My pre-op diet is easy thank goodness. It’s basically two healthy steamer frozen meals under 300k and 2 Snacks each day for 2 weeks (so I just started it)l Those healthy choice meals were actually ones that I used every day for lunch, so that works perfectly.

I am 5’ 7.5” , about 225 (at least before the covid lockdown, not sure what it is now 😹). Having the sleeve done at an Atlanta hospital (we live about an hour’s drive outside). I had lost 100 pounds on my own through weight watchers over the course of three years, but with a leg injury then the death of my mother, my weight just ballooned again. Was heart breaking after all that hard work,

That sounds like a great idea for the veggies. I’m sure it’s not easy to lose it and gain some of it back but I envy you for having the willpower to lose it with ww in the first place! That is not easy! I’m sure that willpower will fare well for you with this next journey!

16 hours ago, AlwaysCruising said:

Hi Lisa! I will be at Northside. You?

I am at Northside also with Dr. Lytle. Just found out yesterday that it will be robotic

2 hours ago, LisaDee1 said:

I am at Northside also with Dr. Lytle. Just found out yesterday that it will be robotic

Hi there, silly question probably.. what is robotic? Will the doctor be doing the surgery with the help of a robot?