Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My WLS team is confusing me...

I began this process originally back in October. Due to the up front $, I postponed my appts until after Christmas. I was set to have fast track surgery in early May.

I called my clinic Monday since I was scheduled for a follow up appt yesterday morning and I assumed it would be canceled for now. They said no for me to be there at my appt time. It's a 3 hour drive for me to get to my nearest clinic.

After that appt, my clinic called to say all elective surgeries have been postponed until further notice. That they would let me know when they opened back up. WHY they didn't tell me while I was there is beyond me.

Then right after that phone call today, I got another call from the Pumonary clinic (same hospital different building) saying they wanted to reschedule my appt from March that they canceled due to Covid-19 and wanted to see me next Tuesday for my lung test. I think this test is to see if you can handle anesthesia and also if you need a sleep study for sleep apnea.

I'm a little confused why I'm still going on thru the process if the main office is closed until further notice. I feel insane at this point since it's been such a rollercoaster with different departments telling me different things.

I have BCBS of MS insurance. I'm worried if it's postponed too long, the tests won't be valid and my insurance won't pay for a second round of testing.

Anyone else having conflicting feedback with their processes?

If anything it's good to say it to people that may understand my frustration with not knowing if I should be hopeful or prepare for disappointment.

I'm in the UK so it's different but I think they'd rather have the tests done so they can schedule your surgery as soon as everything starts to become normal again.

Tests should be valid for a few months providing your health doesn't get worse :)

good luck xx

I had my pulmonary and cardiac stuff done in August. My surgery was in January. So it can be done months in advance. Or at least here in California it can. Under my health insurance lol

Hi, I have done my surgery last June 2019, I have lost 80 lbs from 310 lbs.

You can go through all you appt , when things come back nanual you finish all your tests.

Don't forget their are many people has been post back for surgery.

Good luck.

I would be absolutely gobsmacked if they still want to be doing any kind of tests at the moment, the USA COVID death rate is horrendous why would they risk spreading it more? :O

Ring them back hun and say what's going on guys!?

19 hours ago, Bastian said:

I would be absolutely gobsmacked if they still want to be doing any kind of tests at the moment, the USA COVID death rate is horrendous why would they risk spreading it more? 😮

Ring them back hun and say what's going on guys!?

it depends on where you are. Some areas are far worse than others. Plus small towns and rural areas haven't been hit nearly as hard as urban areas - or at least not YET. But at any rate, even though some hospitals and clinics have been overwhelmed with the virus, some are still OK...

I live in a very small town in Mississippi. I drive to a "bigger" city for my appts that's 3 hours away. But it's still pretty small. While we're not having an outbreak around me at the moment, I'm still surprised at how disconnected the bariatric clinic seems to be. Some sections are just now totally shutting down for who knows how long (the surgery wing/dietitian/ psych floor) while others have been shut down for a month and are opening back up now. Whackadoodles! 😵

I live in a very small town in Mississippi. I drive to a "bigger" city for my appts that's 3 hours away. But it's still pretty small. While we're not having an outbreak around me at the moment, I'm still surprised at how disconnected the bariatric clinic seems to be. Some sections are just now totally shutting down for who knows how long (the surgery wing/dietitian/ psych floor) while others have been shut down for a month and are opening back up now. Whackadoodles! [emoji43]

Lmao @wackadoodles!! Gonna adopt that one I love it!