Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, biginjapan said:

I believe that's most common for MGB, but not so much for a regular RNY. So mine was a hybrid surgery - the long bypass, similar to MGB, but with a much smaller pouch (not sleeve).

I read the surgeon report and it said mine was the lesser curved pouch. Maybe that's common with the MGB?

1 hour ago, Sabs211 said:

I read the surgeon report and it said mine was the lesser curved pouch. Maybe that's common with the MGB?

It is - that's what makes it easier for surgeons to do, instead of a tiny pouch like the RNY.

11 hours ago, biginjapan said:

I believe that's most common for MGB, but not so much for a regular RNY.

Mine was 200 cm. I now have a 70/150 cm.

11 hours ago, biginjapan said:

I believe that's most common for MGB, but not so much for a regular RNY.

that could be. I rarely hear that with RNY (sometimes, but not very often - most of us deal with the opposite problem). I haven't come across nearly as many people with MGB, so I'm not too familiar with that one.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Sabs211 said:

What is a lesser curved pouch?

Edited by MsMocie

Found it. My bypass is 170 cm.
What does the length have to say exactly? I found research saying there is no significant weightloss between short and long limbed WLS

Posted (edited)

49 minutes ago, MsMocie said:

What is a lesser curved pouch?

Instead of it following the natural curve of the stomach, it's more vertical.

Screenshot_20200421-191848_Google.jpg

Edited by Sabs211

@mmy, you are not alone! Yes, I am the same way and I am only 4mths post-op! My kids tell me how awful I smell and I am always showering! I bought a bidet and I still feel as if I am a walking stink bomb! I have bought the poopouri and it seems to help but I walk and sometimes cannot control the gas from my (well, behind) but yes it is embarrassing and I have chosen to eat a lot of chicken and fish to control the diarrhea/dumping and I only have two equals in my coffee in the morning, I have started eating a lot of fresh fruits, bananas, blueberries, strawberries and kiwi! I tell my husband, I need to get it under control before we go somewhere for any length of time.