Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2020 Vets Roll Call

Just checking who is still around during the pandemic?! Being a Nurse Practitioner I do take this very seriously but am working from home part of the day and found that 'the graze' was getting me into trouble so had to check myself and get real again!

Hoping everyone is doing well. Next week following Easter I will be embarking on a 3 week pre-op style diet to do some work on my metabolic 'issue' under my doc's direction. Hoping to see some great results on both the scale and the diagnostic testing!

So...who's still here? There are so many from 5-6 years ago that I miss and wish this Vet's board would still be super active.

Please check in!!!

Hello! I'm not on the boards regularly, but I have alerts for certain forums so I can still check in from time to time when others show up. It looks like you had surgery about 6 months before me, so we may not have crossed paths much at the time. I had RNY in Jan 2015 and reached my goal weight about a year later, so I've been in maintenance mode for a while.

I became a runner shortly after surgery and it became a huge part of my life, so I have been suffering quite a bit since being sidelined by a bone spur on my heel in October. When I had to stop running, I had 5 half marathons on the calendar over the course of the coming 7 months, so it was a huge adjustment. It took me quite a while to stop eating like an athlete in training. And it was the holidays. And I was in mourning over my missed races. And then winter set in. And now I'm locked in the house with all this food...

So I've definitely gained weight. I'm trying not to freak out about this and to accept that these stressors are real and temporary and I'll whip my self back into shape soon. I haven't weighed myself, but I'm guessing I'm up at least 15 pounds. Maybe more. I know I should commit to knuckling under and straightening myself out, but at the same time I just need to fight one battle at a time and right now it's adjusting to life in a pandemic.

I had surgery in January to shave down the spur, and have finally been getting back into running (baby steps!) in the last 7 days. I've been doing quite a bit of physical therapy and have had good days and bad, but right now I just have to trust that better days are ahead on all fronts.

I'm still around. I'm on again off again. Sometimes a couple of months will go by without me checking in - and then I'll hit a period where I'm checking in a lot (like now that I'm home all the time!).

I've gained 20 lbs since my lowest weight, but 10 of it I really needed to gain. I don't want to get down that low again. But I'm working on losing the 10 lbs that I really WANT to lose. I'm just counting calories at this point. I've gotten them down to the point where I'm losing again, although it's ridiculously slow. I am - and am expecting to -lose 1-2 lbs a month. But I"m OK with that. To pick up the pace, I'd probably need to get down to 1000 kcal/day or fewer, and I'm not willing to do that. Besides, my current weight is actually OK for my height and age, so I'm not in a huge rush.

I should add that it took some effort to lower my calories. You kinda get used to eating a certain way and at a certain level, and it's really hard to change. I'm pretty used to it now, though...it just took some white-knuckling. I feel like I'm back in control of my eating and I'm on my way!

Hello...still here! I had sleeve in November 2014. I lost 185 lbs. I regained 20 lbs last year...refocused in January and I've lost 15 lbs so far. Staying active with the Peloton app and walking the furkid.

Stay safe everyone! [emoji173]

And today is 5 years post WLS! I looked it up. Also on again then off I though thank each of you. Also up 15 lbs s. From my lowest but only five from where I want to be. I game a bi bit bit and wow I’m not in menopause!!
Embracing telehealth - The psychological impact of current events is astonishing.
All in all doing OK - still consider myself a WLS person. Best to all!

Sleeved in Oct 2013 my husband and I were both done on the same day. I lost about 115 lbs and he lost 110 lbs We were both great for the first 5 years but I struggle with 20 lbs increase and he struggles with about 30 to 35 lbs increase. We do great for a few weeks then stuff it up again. Pandemic is making it worse because we have moved back to Australia and neither of us are working.

15 years for me as of 4/11/2020. Everything going pretty well. Kept weight the same for the last 13-14 years. Haven't updated my pics for this year bc I haven't really been in jeans. Will do so when the lockdown is over.

Edited by Postop

A month later and still in jeans. Endless neighborhood walks a focus on work and a total lack of sleep. Feeling the need to focus on Protein and carb reduction Endless Atlantic rain has my mood and energy pretty low. My weight is about 132 so that is ok.

@Stella SMy sleep has been greatly affected (at this time) too. It’s to be expected, unfortunately.