Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm moving on to the soft phase of my diet next week, which will be week 4 post op.

But I'm very picky.

What kind of food have you guys had on this stage of the diet?

I've so far been able to stomach mashed potato, banana, yoghurt and soggy cornflakes 😄

Boiled eggs and cottage cheese are pretty much my go-to's - sometimes I have each twice a day. Between that and my unflavored Protein power, my husband is teasing me and asking me if I'm trying to become a weightlifter. 😂 But those are the soft, protein-rich foods that I like.

All of the things you've mentioned are more on the carb-y side. Not everybody is so sensitive to carbs as I am - but still, you might want to see if you can find a more protein-rich soft food you can tolerate.

10 minutes ago, rjan said:

Boiled eggs and cottage cheese are pretty much my go-to's - sometimes I have each twice a day. Between that and my unflavored Protein power, my husband is teasing me and asking me if I'm trying to become a weightlifter. 😂 But those are the soft, protein-rich foods that I like.

All of the things you've mentioned are more on the carb-y side. Not everybody is so sensitive to carbs as I am - but still, you might want to see if you can find a more protein-rich soft food you can tolerate.

I've been on Protein Shakes as i don't like eggs or cottage cheese. I like skyr greek yoghurt and Beans?

I'm just lucky to like eggs and cottage cheese. 😂

Greek yogurt is a great choice, but personally, I got tired during the fluids phase of everything tasting sweet (even if sugar free).

Have you tried an unflavored Protein Powder? I really like it because you can add it to various things. You can also use tofu like that since it doesn't have much flavor. Like I just found this recipe for mashed potatoes with tofu.

https://passtheplants.com/protein-packed-mashed-potatoes-and-vegan-gravy/

9 minutes ago, rjan said:

I'm just lucky to like eggs and cottage cheese. 😂

Greek yogurt is a great choice, but personally, I got tired during the fluids phase of everything tasting sweet (even if sugar free).

Have you tried an unflavored Protein Powder? I really like it because you can add it to various things. You can also use tofu like that since it doesn't have much flavor. Like I just found this recipe for mashed potatoes with tofu.

https://passtheplants.com/protein-packed-mashed-potatoes-and-vegan-gravy/

I looked for unflavoured powder but couldn't find it, so i bought strawberries and cream to use as a shake :)

I’ve done well with the following:

eggs, cottage cheese, shaved cheese from the blocks, Refried Beans, well cooked green beans, baked beans and butter beans —basically any kind of beans, meatballs, sauerkraut, boiled cabbage, applesauce (no sugar added - I add a tiny bit of Splenda), oatmeal with fair life milk, grits (soupy - but I eat this very slowly), canned peaches or diced pears in Water or lite Syrup, prunes, beef pot roast that was in a crockpot all day (very tender and juicy), smartfood white cheddar popcorn, a slice of sandwich style ham or turkey.

I’m 5 weeks post op and I still drink my Protein Shakes for 2 meals. My new tummy has been very sensitive. If I get a hankering to chew on something, these are things that have not made me sick.

Ive tried chicken and tuna as well, but those kinds of Proteins feel like cement in my tummy even though I’ve put them in the food processor and still chewed very well. I’ll try those again in a couple of weeks.

Good luck on graduating to soft foods and beyond! ❤️

Edited by CammyC

My surgeon’s website has my nutritionist’s presentation on it. She lists a lot of great foods you can have. I’ll paste the link below. It has foods for each phase.

Here is what I had: Canned tuna, baked salmon, canned chicken, refried Beans, bean dip, hummus, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, canned pumpkin with cinnamon, pot roast, boiled carrots, peas and green beans, chicken thighs pressure cooked and shredded, yogurt of course, boiled eggs, avocado, pico, and boiled or steamed cauliflower and broccoli. I do my pot roast and chicken thighs in my instapot. It takes about 45 minutes for the roast and 30 for the thighs. Much faster and just as tender. I also had taco meat and spaghetti sauce made with ground turkey and diced tomatoes.

Here’s the link: www.tlcsurgery.com

From the menu, click on Patient Resources and select Nutrition Class For Weightloss Surgery Patients in the Nutritional Resources section (bottom right just above the videos). Soft foods starts on page 85.

I hope this helps. Take care! :)