Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat in a day to get 70-80 G Protein

Without a Protein Shake? I know I am early out, but I can't imagine what you could eat to get that much Protein in a day without some sort of supplement. Would love to hear from the veterans.

I still have a Protein Shake every day at almost five years out, but I'm an outlier. Because it was discovered early on that I malabsorb Protein (and I could have even before surgery - but we'll never know because they didn't do a baseline on this), I need to average 100+ grams of protein a day or my prealbumin level tanks. Although I could get this through food if I try, I don't want to obsess all day trying to figure out how much protein this and that has, so I just drink a protein shake every morning as my morning snack. Then I'll be pretty much guaranteed I'll be OK by the end of the day.

that said, a lot of people do drink a shake (or even more) for the first few months just to meet the protein requirement. But at some point, most people don't need them anymore because they're able to meet it through food. If you're eating animal products such as meat and dairy and eggs, it's usually not that hard once you're out a bit to meet the 60 gram requirement that many surgeons recommend. Vegetarians can meet it without too much trouble as well, although it's a little more of a struggle for them (although certainly not impossible by a long shot - I know several WLS patients who are vegetarian).

I don't have Protein Shakes, but yesterday, I had 80 grams of Protein.

Breakfast: Egg white omelet with 1 slice of jennie-o turkey bacon, 1 oz of boar's head cajun turkey, 1/8c of fat free mozzarella, 1/8c spinach, and a xtreme wellness spinach wrap tortilla: 24 protein

Snack: 1 reduced fat string cheese: 6 protein

Lunch: xtreme wellness spinach wrap, 2 slices of jennie-o turkey bacon, 2 oz boar's head cajun turkey, 1 tsp of spicy mustard, and a tbsp of Philadelphia garlic and herb cream cheese: 23 protein

Dinner: 2.2 oz of chicken breast, 1 slice of jennie-o turkey bacon, 1/4 slice of tillamook swiss cheese, 1/8c cabbage, 1/8c spinach: 19 protein

I go over almost every day.

Breakfast: Scrambled egg + Lox, Three prunes, coffee with milk

Lunch: Healthy Choice Power Bowl, one of the chicken ones

Dinner: Homemade chicken Soup w/ veggies

Snacks: Built Bar, 1/4 cup of cashews

That put me around 100 grams. If I start every meal with Protein, I go over most of the time.

It can be hard to get in the Protein without consuming Protein Shakes or adding Protein Powder to drinks & food neither of which I do but it can be done.

My minimum daily goal is 50g. I consider this a bad day but it still exceeds the 0.8g per 1kg of weight min daily requirement. I try to aim for 60g+and on a really good day, I can hit 70 or 75g. My dietician is happy with this & my bloods are good.

eggs, high protein yogurt, seafood, beef, etc. help. I also try to ensure at least one of my two daily Snacks has about 10g of protein too: tuna or salmon frittata muffins, cheese, Protein Bar, etc.

I should add I’m not overly active - no marathon running or weight training for me - for many reasons but mainly because I struggle to get the calories in to maintain my weight & that’s my focus at the moment.

I think I average about 50gm of Protein a day, and that's with a 9g protein bar every afternoon. My nutritionist is concerned I don't eat enough, but I've lost only 6kg of muscle out of my 37kg weight loss, which is much better than the average (most people lose 1/3 muscle to fat ratio). So I think the blanket 60-80gm per day they reccommend is not what my body actually needs. The exercise physiologist and surgeon were very impressed with my muscle loss/ fat loss.

The protein rich foods I do eat are eggs, cheese, chicken and salmon, and I get high protein wraps and bread. I still have a Protein Shake if I do bodypump at the gym (although my gym is shut until who knows when so no more shakes for a while). I really hate protein shakes!

I'm 6 months out (sleeve) and my restriction is very much in force, so I'm still only eating small amounts at meals, and don't really snack.

My average Protein looks to be around 60 to 70 a day according to Myfittnesspal. I haven't had a Protein Shake for a month or more now.

Quest Protein chips. 19-20g protein, 140 calories... I'm more than a year out and they're still a part of my routine.

Hi there! Admittedly, most days I do start my day with a Premier Protein mixed in cold brew coffee, so that is 30g there. But, I usually will have meals every 2 hours and always build them around healthy Protein. If I don't have a shake for Breakfast I have eggs scrambled with cheese and turkey. AM snack will be string cheese and 1 oz deli turkey, lunch is usually rotisserie chicken salad or tuna salad with reduced fat triscuits. PM snack is greek yogurt (Oikos brand has 15g protein) with cheerios. dinner is beef or fish (2-3 oz) with potatoes or veggies. It would be challenging to get my full 7-80g without premier protein, but when I don't have it I just make sure I'm eating frequently, high protein foods.

I always start my day with a Protein Shake, but since COVID19, I've been doing a 2nd shake for lunch. Then for dinner I have eggwhites with cheese or chicken salad (made with canned chicken). My diet is very boring, but it's getting the job done!!

On 4/6/2020 at 1:41 PM, Ellf said:

Quest Protein chips. 19-20g Protein, 140 calories... I'm more than a year out and they're still a part of my routine.

The Ranch flavor is SO good. I am addicted to them! They're on sale now at Sam's -- I think they're $5.88 for a 6 pack (3 Ranch and 3 Nacho cheese bags). I eat them every single day!

Over 60 is my daily goal.

30 gram homemade smoothie (Fage Greek, PB2, GENEPRO, banana Almond Milk)

2 oz ground beef = 16 grams pro

2 oz peel and eat shrimp. = 15 pro

= 61.

Sometimes I add a Weight Watchers cheese stick for 6 more grams = 67 total.

This is a typical day. Sometimes it chicken instead of ground beef. The shrimp is sometimes scallops.

I usually have four meals a day and pick from eggs, yopro yoghurt, Protein Shakes, milk, whatever I have in the freezer currently there is chicken and veg Soup, meatloaf, chili con carne, savoury mince, spicy bean casserole. If I have had a low Protein day but don't feel like a meal, I will have a small protein bar at the end of the day.