Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to avoid on purée?

I go to the Dr tomorrow for my first follow-up. If all goes well, he should advance me to purée for 2 weeks. Is there anything I should avoid? Anything I should try?

Go slow and very slow. I would start with the basic purees Soups and soft foods pureed - One thing i can tell you for sure many here have F#$cked up and pushed it. Let you body decide what is ready for

I would start with Egg drop Soup pureed and Lentil soup pureed

Avoid all creamy things for the next few weeks

I agree with AJ. I think the biggest mistake is to get too excited and push yourself. Sleeve doesn't have as long of a puree period as the switch, but it's still important to go slow and try new things one at a time. For me, the only thing that I really couldn't do were things with heavy sauces, like many Italian dishes.

1 hour ago, plain.sight said:

I agree with AJ. I think the biggest mistake is to get too excited and push yourself. Sleeve doesn't have as long of a puree period as the switch, but it's still important to go slow and try new things one at a time. For me, the only thing that I really couldn't do were things with heavy sauces, like many Italian dishes.

Um, I was on pureed on week 2 and the Ricotta Bake was one of my favorites to eat on my ONE WEEK of pureed. I was on soft foods for two weeks and then general diet. Every doc is different. And I had, literally, no issue with the Ricotta Bake.

5 minutes ago, NovaLuna said:

Um, I was on pureed on week 2 and the Ricotta Bake was one of my favorites to eat on my ONE WEEK of pureed. I was on soft foods for two weeks and then general diet. Every doc is different. And I had, literally, no issue with the Ricotta Bake.

So the Ricotta Bake is purée? It seemed like a soft food for me.

Yeah, I think my Dr is super conservative. liquids 2 weeks, purée 2 weeks, very soft 4 weeks.

My doctor recommended the Ricotta Bake for puree and it was delicious. But, again, every doctor is different. I felt I was eating normal again with it lol. Though I also would have pureed tuna and chicken as well. And yogurt (no need for puree for that)

Edited by NovaLuna

1 hour ago, NovaLuna said:

Yeah, not only are all doctors different, but every patient is, too. My girlfriend had the sleeve a week after my surgery and she loved the ricotta bake and I couldn't stomach it. That's why I just say to try things slowly.