Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bought some new protein powder today...

Well upon the advice of my bariatric team, I bought some new Protein Powder today. SIX YEARS post op. Yup, it still works though! My surgeon wants me to work on a specific health thing and feels like doing a 'pre op' style diet for a few weeks will trigger my body to do what he needs it to.

Since I've developed a serious lactose intolerance post op, I'll be using some unsweetened almond milk as a sub.

I'm actually looking forward to getting this level of focus back in my life. With all the chaos going on in the world around me, it will be good to let me focus on something else....

Welcome back aboard! It’s a focus for sure! I’m 4 weeks post op and on my drive home from work tonight I was really craving a crunchy taco but I know first off I’m not ready for that and secondly the meal size of one egg feels me up now.
So I switched my focus to that cheesy scrambled egg lol and enjoyed that when I got home.

16 hours ago, mi75 said:

Well upon the advice of my bariatric team, I bought some new Protein Powder today. SIX YEARS post op. Yup, it still works though! My surgeon wants me to work on a specific health thing and feels like doing a 'pre op' style diet for a few weeks will trigger my body to do what he needs it to.

Since I've developed a serious lactose intolerance post op, I'll be using some unsweetened almond milk as a sub.

I'm actually looking forward to getting this level of focus back in my life. With all the chaos going on in the world around me, it will be good to let me focus on something else....

Nice, What kind ?

BE Inspire. Only brand that my gut will tolerate now. I used Muscle Milk post op and switched to Premier when I started having lactose intolerance issues. BE was the only one that my gut could withstand in the end, but about 1 yr post op I went off all forms of Protein shakes/bars/powders all together.

I am a bit jealous of your bariatric team. Go go! Also focus is a good thing. I used Jay Robb for protien. Be inspired is fitting

They are great. I only see them yearly or 18 months or so, but it's good to check in and just get a thumbs up. The entire team makes up your visit, so I see the NP first, then the Nut, then the Psych then the Doc last.

The NP gives my lab slips and does a quick overall exam. The Nut goes over food questions, issues, etc. The psych does an entire psychotherapy visit. Then the MD does the wrap up and orders any necessary procedures, or further (non typical) labs, writes scripts if necessary. Very nice team approach.

Since I'm a NP maybe I'm more in tune with what a team approach should look like and I really admire this practice for their set up. makes the whole thing go so smooth.

At my six month postop appointment I saw another MD on the team and was presented with a $250 bill. - I never went back. I was a self-pay and consider this a breach of contract they had other thoughts. Not my type of healthcare provider. The surgeon was great but I miss judged my follow up care.
Your team sounds awesome - chose a Zenter of excellence back in the day. It was organized but never that smooth machine you describe
Lately I have been feeling like i might need a little bit of medical support. Strange how easy I can advocate for other people in the medical system - just not myself🎺
How is focused diets going? Sending any positive support your way 🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼 but I’m at a loss