Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Tentative Surgery Date

So I get a call from my Patient Coordinator stating that because I was so easy to work with (wonder what that means...lol) my name was being added to the new surgery schedule first and if 5/21 would work for me? Sure. I am just going to go into this with an open mind and hardened heart (for my feelings). So...5/21 it is!

It's MY time!

That's great, gives you something to work towards and anticipate!

Praying for you and all of the other ppl in the world to be touched by blessed hands, kind hearts and healthy healing. This applies to the wls, Covid 19 and all other health matters. May each and everyone involved in the process, including the patient and medical staff be safe and protected.

🙌🏽🙏🏽🙇🏽‍♀️💜

@PuddinJasper that will be here for before we know it! March is already gone. Congratulations and best wishes and hopes that it works out for on this date!!! Then you can join the rest of us who didn’t know what the hell we got ourselves into for the first couple of weeks lol! It’s so worth it tho. It’s so worth it! Good luck honey and keep us posted! ❤️

So happy for you to get a new (and close!) surgery date! I got a call this afternoon to pre-register for my Monday surgery, which I'm told by my NP is being postponed. Talk about a buzz kill. LOL! I hope that your surgery goes off without being postponed again, but only IF it will be safe for you. My hospital's surgery schedules are being looked at and considered a day ahead, to make certain that everything stays safe for the patients as well as the care team. Since my procedure is elective and postponing it for a little while isn't going to kill me, I will 99% for sure be postponed on Friday. It's a drag for me for sure, but it has to be a drag for my surgeon because that is his business! Look at all the revenue he's lost even in the last couple of weeks. I feel for him too. Be safe out there! ((HUGS))

I’m so disappointed.. I was Approved and scheduled for 3/27 and was cancelled the day after I completed pre-op😞due to COVID-19 I wanted to cry. I haven’t been rescheduled yet because of the pandemic. It’s so close but yet so far.. I had to process my feeling, I was kinda depressed about it but I know it will happen.. just wanted to share

You’re absolutely right @StarMonroe

This is not no, just not now. I’ve told so many others this and I’ll share it with you. My own surgery was delayed for almost two months once it had been scheduled. I was devastated at first but used that time to get even more prepared. Your time is coming! Hope you and yours and safe and healthy in these uncertain times. ❤️

So nowww.....they tell me that NO ONE is allowed inside with me....they can only drop me off and pick me up. I'm devastated and nervous.

It's MY time!

On 3/31/2020 at 5:02 PM, PuddinJasper said:

So I get a call from my Patient Coordinator stating that because I was so easy to work with (wonder what that means...lol) my name was being added to the new surgery schedule first and if 5/21 would work for me? Sure. I am just going to go into this with an open mind and hardened heart (for my feelings). So...5/21 it is!

It's MY time!

You are so lucky to get a date. I sit here in limbo. No elective surgeries being scheduled yet in Michigan.

Virginia has reinstated electives, so I'm wondering do I call my surgeon's office or do I wait for them to call me? I don't want to be delayed due to lack of activity on my part. But I don't want to pester them either. Hard to know which way to go. At least it is progress! Stay strong and healthy, friends.

3 hours ago, Machalo said:

Virginia has reinstated electives, so I'm wondering do I call my surgeon's office or do I wait for them to call me? I don't want to be delayed due to lack of activity on my part. But I don't want to pester them either. Hard to know which way to go. At least it is progress! Stay strong and healthy, friends.

I wouldn't think it's pestering to check in and see where they are at. Depends on how many times you have already called :).

Ok🙈so I was originally scheduled for surgery on 3/27 and it was cancelled due to the 🦠 ... the disappointment I felt was depressing but I took it in stride and as of yesterday I’m back on the schedule again.. YAYEE!!😁😁 BUT I am EXTRA nervous because of the🦠 .. I have anticipated this surgery it seems sooooo long but my fear of this🦠 is giving me apprehension, but by GODS gliding hands🙏🏾 I will walk by faith to have it done.. I’ve wanted this so long. I am ready for a new me! 🤩🤩