Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I guess I'm back. was banded back in 2012 and lost weight had a baby. Lapband had issues nothing new right. I had to have emergency removal 2018 and boy was it painful. any way I thought I could manage without anything in place at all. Boy was I wrong I gained my weight back and I am actually larger than before I had lapband. So I finally threw in the white flag and decided to the another shot at it. I had my consultation for the sleeve but as you all know. everything is on hold I am waiting for the insurance to approve next step not surgery. I know that is on hold. I just hope that I don't have to suffer to long from the next step. how is everyone else holding up and how are you staying positive

Carpe Diem

I look at it this way - Can not change it so just ride it out!

I am missing my students and staff, which sucks, and I am so angry at the year every school Senior is having... but feel grateful that I have a roof over my head, food, and my twin sons home with me, so I try to take advantage of the slower pace.

19 hours ago, Kimberly 20 said:

I am missing my students and staff, which sucks, and I am so angry at the year every school Senior is having... but feel grateful that I have a roof over my head, food, and my twin sons home with me, so I try to take advantage of the slower pace.

I'm a high school principal in the Bronx. We have yet to receive guidance on seniors. Time is running out for kids who need to take credit recovery classes to graduate in June... if there even is a graduation ceremony.

6 hours ago, GotItDoneInHarlem said:

I'm a high school principal in the Bronx. We have yet to receive guidance on seniors. Time is running out for kids who need to take credit recovery classes to graduate in June... if there even is a graduation ceremony.

Yes, our Roster person just completed rostering every student who needed Credit Recovery/ Grade Improvement for this year. It's been such a crazy couple of weeks

Our schools are done for the rest of the school year, per our governor. The university's are doing virtual classes to finish out the semester, but are cancelling the first half of the summer semester all together. University graduations are being reconstructed to do as much as they can remotely, though our students aren't going to get the "walk" up to get their diplomas, which is really sad.

I'm thankful that I have an essential job (health care) where I've not been furloughed or let go. I work from home 4 days a week and only go into the office once to take care of things that I can't do from home. I'm still putting in 40 hours a week.

My surgery is being delayed (from April 13). I don't know when it will be rescheduled at this point. So, I'm keeping on keeping on, sticking to my new way of eating in preparation for surgery. I haven't been out walking like I should be, since my rec center closed due to COVID-19, so that is something I need to work on. Other than that, I'm trying to take life one day at a time and being the most positive person I can be. Like AJ said above, I can't do anything about the situation, so I might as well try to enjoy what I can.

yes I got my referral approved so now physiology and nutrition.... app Tuesday for physic but nutrition is closed until may and we all know how that is going so yea. I'm gone stay positive but omg I am so ready to get back to a normal life. this house thing sucks

does anyone know why they won't tell you how many visits they just told me 8 units? lmao

@Boss lady84 probably so that you can have the required number of visits in each category (nutritionist, surgeon, mental health, etc, ), which can look different depending on which surgeon you're using for the procedure

**RANT**

This uncertainty is killing me!!!! I know I am a little bit of a control freak... but not being sure of my surgery date is making my anxiety super high. I coordinated alot of moving pieces to make my surgery date happen.... Scheduling time off from work, Coordinating care for my mother who I care for after a stroke, child care for my kids, Flight for my daughter to take me to procedure, travel and hotel since my insurance has made me have procedure in Atlanta..... I called the surgeons office yesterday and they said I was still on the schedule and then the Governor of Georgia enacted the stay at home.... and as i'm typing this Northside is calling to re-schedule my upper GI to May.... but I need it prior to surgery on 4/13.... ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH