Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NO MATTER HOW SLOW I EAT NO MATTER HOW MUCH I CHEW MY food OR HOW SMALL THE BITES ARE IM ALWAYS LEFT WITH THE FEELING OF SOMETHING SITTING IN MY CHEST WHEN I EAT SOLID FOODS IS THAT MY WAY OF FEELING FULL? IM 4 WEEKS OUT AND ALSO IF I BURP I FEEL LIKE WHATEVER IT IS IS GOING TO COME UP OR WANNA COME UP.

Perhaps your body is not ready for solid foods yet. I’ll be 4 weeks post op this coming Tuesday and in no way do I feel I’m ready for solid foods. I’m still in the soft foods stage and I’m still experimenting with my new tummy.
When I first started eating soft foods I was eating more than I am now. About a week ago I could scarf down two scrambled eggs and some applesauce and a Protein Shake. As time goes on, I can’t eat like that. Now one scrambled egg will fill me up and if I eat more than one I’m hiccuping the rest into the toilet.
It’s different than throwing up because it never really went all the way down.

Maybe take yourself back to soft foods and Protein Shakes a little longer. Our bodies will let us know when we’re ready to move forward. Hope you feel better soon!

2 minutes ago, CammyC said:

Perhaps your body is not ready for solid foods yet. I’ll be 4 weeks post op this coming Tuesday and in no way do I feel I’m ready for solid foods. I’m still in the soft foods stage and I’m still experimenting with my new tummy.
When I first started eating soft foods I was eating more than I am now. About a week ago I could scarf down two scrambled eggs and some applesauce and a Protein Shake. As time goes on, I can’t eat like that. Now one scrambled egg will fill me up and if I eat more than one I’m hiccuping the rest into the toilet.
It’s different than throwing up because it never really went all the way down.

Maybe take yourself back to soft foods and Protein Shakes a little longer. Our bodies will let us know when we’re ready to move forward. Hope you feel better soon!

Im Gonna go back to the previous stage which is Yogurt and liquids When i say solids I mean soft foods like tuna, Salmon, eggs, Nothing goes down good Except liquids And Thick liquids Like Yogurt.

Ohhhh I see. Yeah, give yourself a little more time. If you’re concerned definitely reach out to your surgeon and NUT. I cannot eat anything other than eggs with cheese right now. Every other soft food is making me sick.
I’m able to take my Vitamins so it’s fine with me. I’ll eat as less as possible as long as I can. 😃

I had tuna tonight for the first time and I felt terrible, nauseous and miserable. I also tried plain grilled fish mashed up another day, really terrible as well. I'm not going to try it again for another few weeks to a month.

I'm a seafood lover and I barely eat any other meat, this is a major adjustment for me. I'm not losing weight due to the infamous stall, I tried a few slider foods due to my tastebuds and lack of tolerance for other foods that I should be consuming. Mentally getting myself back to the program and focusing on the bigger picture. Going to have Protein in the morning to start my day, hopefully my stomach will play fair. I can eat chili and I have plenty of protein in there. I just want to feel normal again and I miss vegetables, produce, seafood, oatmeal and etc.

This gets better, as we are learning the ropes. I will attest that wls is not the easy way out. This requires a lot of work, dedication and sacrifices to help yourself succeed.

@Krimsonbutterflies This rings so true for me!! This is not the easy way out at all. I knew it was going to be a life changing event, but it is really hard getting sick a lot from trying new foods. I’ve tried tuna. I loved tuna before but nope I get so sick.
I wanted to love the ricotta bake...so sick. I can do just a tad of cottage cheese.

Do y’all get the rapid heart rate after eating or drinking Protein Shakes? ? I do in the afternoon and the evening for sure but not so much in the mornings. I hate it. I hate the rapid heart rate. That alone makes me feel like crap.

There is a learning curve for sure after this surgery and it is not the easy way out.

5 hours ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

This gets better, as we are learning the ropes. I will attest that wls is not the easy way out. This requires a lot of work, dedication and sacrifices to help yourself succeed.

My, oh my...how the posts above describe my journey! Dear hubby has lovingly (but, a tad frustrated) pointed out that I’m still taking too large of bites and eating too quickly...I seem to start out focussed, prepared, but drift—and well, there I go, mindless eating. Mindless eating was okay pre WLS (actually, it was NOT okay at all, but.) but I find there’s no margin of error (for me) now. Even a few too large, or too fast, bites creates that full in the throat, nauseated, clammy feeling....and then I feel wiped out for a good while.

Because hubs has always been tall and naturally thin, he’s puzzled at my slow learning. He’ll say something like “Darlin, you know this happens every time...you have to slow down, be mindful, tiny bites until your body is ready to accept”. This is his normal, but obviously easier said than done por moi.

We are learning, we just didn’t expect it would be this. Lol. Celebrate our self transformations! Baby steps...We will come through this. Love, hugs and hang in there!

2 hours ago, CammyC said:

@Krimsonbutterflies This rings so true for me!! This is not the easy way out at all. I knew it was going to be a life changing event, but it is really hard getting sick a lot from trying new foods. I’ve tried tuna. I loved tuna before but nope I get so sick.
I wanted to love the ricotta bake...so sick. I can do just a tad of cottage cheese.

Do y’all get the rapid heart rate after eating or drinking Protein Shakes? ? I do in the afternoon and the evening for sure but not so much in the mornings. I hate it. I hate the rapid heart rate. That alone makes me feel like crap.

There is a learning curve for sure after this surgery and it is not the easy way out.

yes it is all trial and error.

LOL I wanted to love Ricotta bake too. thought it would be my saving grace. Nope. fresh salmon ended up being it.

It was my go to.

@Dawn Hanaphy Mine is scrambled eggs - well one egg - with just a pinch shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. It’s the only food that does not give me the fast heart rate and nausea 10-15 after eating. Thank Goodness we have found that one food that each sustains us right now. ❤️

1 minute ago, CammyC said:

@Dawn Hanaphy Mine is scrambled eggs - well one egg - with just a pinch shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. It’s the only food that does not give me the fast heart rate and nausea 10-15 after eating. Thank Goodness we have found that one food that each sustains us right now. ❤️

Hey our weights are similar?

you were sleeved less than a month ago?

33 minutes ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

Hey our weights are similar?

you were sleeved less than a month ago?

Yes ma’am. I was sleeved on March 3rd! ❤️I just looked at your profile and congratulations on how much weight you’ve lost!! You’re almost to goal! How exciting!!!

Edited by CammyC

29 minutes ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

fast heart rate and nausea sounds like the start of dumping?

Yes. The dumping syndrome is so real and so terrible. That’s what I mean when I say new foods are making me sick. eggs right now are the only food not making me feel like that. It puts me down for a couple of hours when I feel it. Ugh. But I got into a pair of pants yesterday that I haven’t been able to in a couple of years!

My, oh my...how the posts above describe my journey! Dear hubby has lovingly (but, a tad frustrated) pointed out that I’m still taking too large of bites and eating too quickly...I seem to start out focussed, prepared, but drift—and well, there I go, mindless eating. Mindless eating was okay pre WLS (actually, it was NOT okay at all, but.) but I find there’s no margin of error (for me) now. Even a few too large, or too fast, bites creates that full in the throat, nauseated, clammy feeling....and then I feel wiped out for a good while.
Because hubs has always been tall and naturally thin, he’s puzzled at my slow learning. He’ll say something like “Darlin, you know this happens every time...you have to slow down, be mindful, tiny bites until your body is ready to accept”. This is his normal, but obviously easier said than done por moi.
We are learning, we just didn’t expect it would be this. Lol. Celebrate our self transformations! Baby steps...We will come through this. Love, hugs and hang in there!

Have you tried putting your food in a blender? I know it sounds gross but I made grilled balsamic chicken and tried to take tiny bites and it hurt all the way down. I put the chicken in the food processor, then chewed and swallowed and it worked like magic. And it didn’t take away any flavor. I’m supposed to start solid foods on Monday but my stomach is definitely not ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Slimmy! I will try this TODAY!😃