Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regret

This can’t be real. I don’t even know you to dislike you, I just didn’t like the way you worded things as if you were some sort of detective. Maybe I should’ve went into full detail for you I just don’t see why it’s so important. and please don’t say things like “throw up into the radiologists face” thats ridiculous.

I think the quarantine may be getting to us all. @marvelgirl25 the sorry you're going through all this, and what a scary time to need medical intervention. @summerset is a very helpful teammate... remember we lose tone and nuance in this type of medium. No one wants anything but to be supportive and helpful.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Very helpful yet puts words into others mouths and lies. Sure thing. Anyways, I’m home and trying my best to keep my Vitamins and nutrients up. The hardest thing to keep up was potassium.

On 03/30/2020 at 16:34, GreenTealael said:

So... has the issue been solved/fixed?

As of now, yes.

Hang in there I'm 3 weeks post op and I cant drink Water by it self I have to add some time of flavor to it or I drink Vitamin water zero sugar but I'm sure you have heard this before . Get hydrated and you will be ok .feel better ..

On 3/26/2020 at 12:32 AM, Celeste97 said:

I honestly needed to hear that , like finally someone who gets it! it’s been super rough this is my 4th time getting admitted. but i’ve gotten fluids 3 other times and have just gone home. I’m 2 months out and knowing it took you 3 has got me like oh my lord but i’m sticking it out. can’t wait to be out this feeling

I’m glad to hear your swallow test came back great and you are starting to cope with your new normal. It’s not easy and I know that. I couldn’t find too many people to relate to who took long to recover so I can understand you feeling in the dark and fed up.

Hopefully now you are able to keep something down, no matter what it is. Everyone’s body reacts differently. Try to find something you can tolerate and stick with it. For me it was watermelon for 3 months... why? Idk. It was the only thing that I was able to keep down and kept me hydrated.

Good luck and keep remembering that eventually you will see a light at the end of the tunnel. ❤️

On 03/31/2020 at 00:34, C_Los said:

Hang in there I'm 3 weeks post op and I cant drink Water by it self I have to add some time of flavor to it or I drink Vitamin Water zero sugar but I'm sure you have heard this before . Get hydrated and you will be ok .feel better ..

I hope your recovery stays easy, and thankyou i’m doing my best lol

38 minutes ago, Celeste97 said:

I hope your recovery stays easy, and thankyou i’m doing my best lol

Thanks! I’m 7 months post up and nowhere near how I was before. I eat normally and am able to drink Water fine thank god. You will be there too! Stay safe!

On 03/31/2020 at 01:09, MarvelGirl25 said:

I’m glad to hear your swallow test came back great and you are starting to cope with your new normal. It’s not easy and I know that. I couldn’t find too many people to relate to who took long to recover so I can understand you feeling in the dark and fed up.

Hopefully now you are able to keep something down, no matter what it is. Everyone’s body reacts differently. Try to find something you can tolerate and stick with it. For me it was watermelon for 3 months... why? Idk. It was the only thing that I was able to keep down and kept me hydrated.

Good luck and keep remembering that eventually you will see a light at the end of the tunnel. ❤️

I followed you if you ever wanna just chitchat about the ups n downs lol , I’m glad things have been great on your part. I should try watermelons again and see how I like em now. Oranges have been my go to and i feel more positive this time around.

I threw up and dry heaved for weeks! Sometimes I could keep down a little Water if I put lime in it. And oddly enough sometimes I could take a few bite of refried Beans. My potassium got super low as well and I sipped/drank orange juice. Hope this helps!

On 3/26/2020 at 10:05 AM, Celeste97 said:

Cry me a river I see the kind of person you are through your replies. Yes I drank two sips of the contrast and yes it was horrible and I didn’t keep it down.

how could the test be complete if you threw up the contrast? And if you threw it up... why did the dr say you are ok? I'm just a bit confused.

Is anyone else reading the contradictions?

On 03/31/2020 at 10:53, BayougirlMrsS said:

how could the test be complete if you threw up the contrast? And if you threw it up... why did the dr say you are ok? I'm just a bit confused.

Is anyone else reading the contradictions?

The swallow study was to see if there were any leaks , or obstructions. There were none so the test was complete. I didn’t say I threw up the contrast right then and there in the room that’s why I’m upset that people are coming at me. I was nauseous and gagged all the way back to my room. I then threw up. I hope this was dumbed down enough.

On 03/31/2020 at 07:32, regina1 said:

I threw up and dry heaved for weeks! Sometimes I could keep down a little Water if I put lime in it. And oddly enough sometimes I could take a few bite of refried Beans. My potassium got super low as well and I sipped/drank orange juice. Hope this helps!

I did the same with lemon and ginger! and it helped the nausea :) & I still have yet to try refried Beans so thankyou for the tip!