Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm only to have 64 oz of h2o, and four 2 oz cups of Premier Protein shakes for two weeks. Everyone in the house is eating my favorite foods. I have no stomach pains except for gas. I've been taking 3 gas x chewables as a dose to rid me of gas and bloating. I have Crystal light and shakes and fat free popsicles. Did anyone else want to eat food before it was time? I think I drink too much at once last night. My stomach held it, but I don't want to stretch it or burst my staple line.

Edited by Fondra
Add to it

How much longer before you progress to the next stage? If its a day or two chat with your surgeon or dietician they may say go ahead (or not). It's hard when we miss the sensation of chewing as well as the pleasure or relief (if a stress eater) that food gave us. It will be a little easier if you find something to distract your mind and hands at the same time.

No doubt there are various post op guidelines when the food stages are introduced at different times, do not progress faster than your post op guidelines unless you have approval from your surgeon or dietician.

While you don't feel any pain it doesn't mean your body has finished healing. Do not compromise your health or future viability of your new small stomach by progressing with approval.

Edited by Hop_Scotch

Yes there were a lot us who felt hungry in the all liquid phase. That will decrease quite a bit when you start eating soft foods. I’m 3 weeks out and don’t feel the hunger pains I felt the first couple of weeks. How many days post op are you?

8 hours ago, Fondra said:

Did anyone else want to eat food before it was time?

Oh my, yes of course. :D

Hang in there. Count the days. You'll soon be done with the immediate post-op diet.

NO NO NO NO NO

You are not hungry that is you mind messing with you! Take it slow and stay on course if not you will be paying for it big time!

Also you i assume are early in this, Get away from the feeding freenzy in your house, Go read a book while the others eat, Go outside and sit on the deck. it will take some time for you to whip you minds ass and not be bothered by food around you, but at this point way to early and it will mess with your head.

Good news ahead, eventually about 4 months you will not be bothered with seeing food or around it.

16 hours ago, CammyC said:

Yes there were a lot us who felt hungry in the all liquid phase. That will decrease quite a bit when you start eating soft foods. I’m 3 weeks out and don’t feel the hunger pains I felt the first couple of weeks. How many days post op are you?

Good to know because I’m very hungry now and I have another week on liquids.

Hang in there @Mello1 it will get better ❤️