Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This whole bony butt thing

9 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I had “sore butt syndrome” as the weight came off as well. And my knees would hurt rubbing against each other when i slept on my side. In the very very beginning, my lower back and hips would ache.

The back and hips resolved itself around month 4-5, i think because my body got used to my new weight distribution.

The butt pain went away around month 7-8 (i have no idea why...especially since i weigh less now at 1.5 years than i did at month 7....?)

...the knee knocking at night, however, is still an issue...but nothing a pillow in between them doesn’t fix.

Found out that there is little fat on my ass, that is why it hurts to sit on it, and it might resolve in a while. We'll just wait and see. Along with this I also found out that all my bruisings are because of low underskin fat. There is so much that happens after surgery, and it is fun to learn these things :P

2 minutes ago, MsMocie said:

Found out that there is little fat on my ass, that is why it hurts to sit on it, and it might resolve in a while.

....now I wonder why the presence of fat would make make it hurt more? I would think the ABSENCE of it would be the determining factor?

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

....now I wonder why the presence of fat would make make it hurt more? I would think the ABSENCE of it would be the determining factor?

Not sure if something got lost in translation on this, but what I mean is that when there is low fat percentage under the skin, we tend to hurt a little more, but as the body adjust one should get used to it and it will go away - like you pointed out in your post

“Sitting bones” are called ischial tuberosities. In case anyone is a nerd like me! 😃