Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNY 02/26/2020
HW: 440+
SW:400
Surgery Day: 373
Discharge Day: 379(Due To IV’s Im Pretty Sure)
CW: 328
GW: 145 Height: 5’4

51lbs. Down in 3Weeks And 3 Days Is This Normal???

Still Not Hungry Or Thirsty No Desire To Eat The Thought Of Eating Makes Me Sick When I Force Myself To Eat, Drink A Protein Drink, Or Water It Takes A Hour Sometimes Longer. I’ve Been Dehydrated 4times Now To The Point Where I Felt Very Sick and Like I Was Gonna Faint. The Steam From The Shower Makes Me Dizzy And Lightheaded To The Point Where If I Dont Sit On The Tub For About 5Minutes I Feel Like I’ll Faint. I Tried 1 Medium Egg This Morning Scrambled Lightly To Where It Was Really Wet And Soft. It Didn’t Go Down Well And After A Few Bites It Came Right Back Up Now As I Write This Im Eating Yogurt That Ive Had For At Least 40 Minutes Now And I’ve Only Ate 3 Bites. This Is Harder Than I Thought, I’m Not Giving Up But When Will This Get Easier. I Thought I Was Prepared For This. I’ve Done So Much Research and Gathered As Much Info Over The Last Probably 6 Years Before I Made The Decision Last Year To Go Through With Surgery And Like I Said I Thought I Was Well Prepared.
Has Anyone Else Went Through This In The Beginning? Im Happy With My Decision Its Just A Little Tough Right Now. Im Also Happy With The Weight Loss And 1 Non scale Victory For Me Is How Mentally Strong I’ve Became.

⁉️CAN I SEE BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES OF PEOPLE WHO STARTED OVER 350lbs⁉️

most of us lose our hunger. And most of us get it back sometime within the first year. Mine came back at five months out.

51 lbs in three weeks is a LOT. I've never heard of anyone losing that much that fast, in fact.

not being able to tolerate eggs for awhile after surgery isn't that uncommon. Most people who lose their tolerance for them are able to eat them again when they're further out.

I can't really address the rest of the things you mentioned - but maybe someone else who can will chime in

2 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

most of us lose our hunger. And most of us get it back sometime within the first year. Mine came back at five months out.

51 lbs in three weeks is a LOT. I've never heard of anyone losing that much that fast, in fact.

not being able to tolerate eggs for awhile after surgery isn't that uncommon. Most people who lose their tolerance for them are able to eat them again when they're further out.

I can't really address the rest of the things you mentioned - but maybe someone else who can will chime in

Thank You so much for the reply Glad Im Not Alone I Just dont Wanna Become Malnourished 🖤

here's my before and after (headless).

I wouldn't worry about being malnourished yet. You probably have Vitamin stores to last awhile. Just focus on getting your Protein and fluids in at this point. Oh - and keep on top of your (vitamin and mineral) supplements, too.

chilecropped.jpg

prepscrop.JPG

Edited by catwoman7

9 minutes ago, BecomingAnna said:

And Like I Said I Thought I Was Well Prepared.

I can't chime in on the fast weight loss or on the pictures, only with what I think about "being prepared".

WLS is like learning to swim. You can read everything about swimming and the technique, about how your body will feel when immersed into the Water and you can listen to the people giving you lectures on the "right way to do it" until they're blue in the face and your ears are bleeding.

The only way you will know what swimming is like is when you finally hit the water and try not to drown.

1 minute ago, IAmGrace said:

51 lbs. in 3 weeks must be a typo? ??

So that’s not a good thing or normal 😞 yes I Was 373 when i went Into the Hospital Stayed 2 Days and gained 6lbs Surgeon said He Was Pretty sure it was Water weight from my IV. As Of Today I Am Now 328.

2 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

I wouldn't worry about being malnourished yet. You probably have Vitamin stores to last awhile. Just focus on getting your Protein and fluids in at this point. Oh - and keep on top of your (vitamin and mineral) supplements, too.

chilecropped.jpg

prepscrop.JPG

YOU LOOK AMAZING ❤️

2 minutes ago, summerset said:

I can't chime in on the fast weight loss or on the pictures, only with what I think about "being prepared".

WLS is like learning to swim. You can read everything about swimming and the technique, about how your body will feel when immersed into the Water and you can listen to the people giving you lectures on the "right way to do it" until they're blue in the face and your ears are bleeding.

The only way you will know what swimming is like is when you finally hit the Water and try not to drown.

You are so right and I’ve been trying to tell myself that. All days Arent bad days most days I feel Good

7 hours ago, BecomingAnna said:

So that’s not a good thing or normal 😞 yes I Was 373 when i went Into the Hospital Stayed 2 Days and gained 6lbs Surgeon said He Was Pretty sure it was Water weight from my IV. As Of Today I Am Now 328.

Everyone is different. I was watching a video on YouTube by Dr. Weiner and he mentioned that some people are faster losers than others - here's the relevant section of the video. Maybe you are part the lucky genetic group who tends to lose faster than others!

Wow, that's a lot of weight to lose in so small a time. I was 321 on my surgery day and am 283 right now. So since my surgery 8 weeks ago I've lost 38 pounds. Compared to that your weight is just flying of lol. It'll probably slow down soon though so don't worry so much!

chilecropped.jpg.2b1225327bea1de9738aceae3f7da91b.jpg
prepscrop.thumb.JPG.bc1d7314bb39dbc90dff23a20925bec2.JPG
Wow you look fantastic! I hope my results are as good as yours.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk