Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I eating too much?

3 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

I am totally amazed at how many people - Including myself did not have a plan or guidance after this surgery! WTF is this industry going to get oraganized! We all know the surgery is just a tool, Without the workshop your screwed

I agree - I think that's why there are so many different "plans" out there. I was eating purees and full liquids upon leaving the hospital, some people have to wait 2-4 weeks post-op before they even get to that stage. To be honest though, WLS is big business for doctors and hospitals. They know people are willing to pay to slim down, and they do their job and then leave it to you afterwards with some general guidance you can basically find on the internet. Some people are on great programs that help them post-op, many are not. For me, it's not really an option because, believe it or not, there aren't a lot of obese people in Japan, so this really isn't an issue here - not enough for me to find a support group or doctor in my area who can deal with it. So I've always gone abroad for my surgeries, and I've had to do the best I could on my own both pre- and post-op. That said, the place where I just had surgery is being quite good about following up with me, which is really nice and reassuring. I certainly did not have that when I had surgery in Mexico.

Thank you ever so much for your informative and comprehensive response to my inquiry. I appreciate this more than you know. Just FYI I am not taking in more than 700-800 calories daily. It seems to me that even without surgery I should be losing weight on that caloric intake.
I will be MUCH MORE VIGILENT concerning the amount of food I consume at meals. I will give you an example of what I have to eat daily:
BREAKFAST: High Protein Shake = 160 calories
LUNCH: Amy's Tomato Bisque Soup = 240 calories
DINNER: One source of Protein (Yogurt/veggie burger/cottage cheese) usually about 240 calories
My Snacks are diet Jello for ten calories per serving - 2 servings at the most
Sugarless lollipops for 17 calories each for about 34 calories in a day
I'm down about 9 pounds from my date of surgery but have been stalled for about 5 days now.
I don't think I can try harder than I am right now. Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't it come down to calorie intake?
Thank you again. I DO APPRECIATE THIS!
My best,
Grace
Stay away from carbs. Ie yogurt, veggies burgers , and eat cheese at a minimum

Sent from my SM-N970U using BariatricPal mobile app