Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Healthy Recipe Blog - Instagram & Facebook **

On June 26, 2017- I had gastric bypass surgery. I have lost/maintained 180 pound weight loss. I share my journey on Instagram - (my name on there is Maddie5088) and I also have a public Facebook Page called Mornings with Maddie. I created a blog almost a year ago that focuses on sharing my journey, creating/sharing healthy recipes. You can find it here - foodfitnessandbeauty.com

I share body positivity, kindness, self love, inclusivity, healthy recipes, grocery hauls, I do monthly giveaways, how to meal prep, affordable/easy meals for bariatric patients and I do Q and As for Bariatric patients.

I have felt very called to share my journey with the bariatric community! I hope you come follow along my story! It’s been a heck of a ride!

Xoxo

Maddie

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image0.0.jpg

I just watched your unstuffed cabbage roll video. It's similar to a recipe I make so I will be trying it this weekend. Thanks for the video/recipe. By the way, congrats on your weight loss and you look amazing.

On 03/20/2020 at 06:38, bikerchick519 said:

I just watched your unstuffed cabbage roll video. It's similar to a recipe I make so I will be trying it this weekend. Thanks for the video/recipe. By the way, congrats on your weight loss and you look amazing.

Yayyyy!!! It’s so good! Thank you so much!!! I hope you like it!!!!

What a great transformation!!! Glad you're here. I hope you jump in and contribute to our forums! Curious, why post 4 other posts that are only just introducing your business (blog/IG)? Isn't one of them sufficient? Inquiring minds...

Edited by FluffyChix

You can build your presence, not by spamming the forum with multiple posts advertising your blog and IG, but rather by being a true contributor and getting to know people and helping motivate them. Not by just dropping your addys in multiple places. If you are on a desktop you will see you've bombed the "Recent Posts" area with your spammy posts. If you're on mobile, you will see you did it at the bottom of the site. It's just not very nice to do.

Build a following organically, but genuine engagement with people. You have an important contribution to make. You have a great story. But you can't take short cuts and not have people think you're just here to advertise to a "core market." :(

Yikes. I apologize. I didn’t realize it worked like that here with the recent posts and such. I really have the best intentions and only want to help people. I make zero money off of any of my services or website. I have no ads. If people shop my links on my website I may make a small commission, but it’s pennies. I’m very sorry. I will be contributing to this platform- just like I do with Instagram. I have built my following on Instagram from zero and help many people there for free.

I understand all of that, which is why I took the time to explain this to you. We can't have too many bari bloggers out there posting inspirational, HEALTHY, approaches to life after WLS, IMHO. I want you to succeed. (And FYI, the affiliate links are one of the way most bloggers make money. And in the beginning, it's quite small remuneration, but some big bloggers are making thousands. So it's not an insignificant source of income/advertising that you are trying to promote. Not totally altruistic. But you should not have to be altruistic. You should be able to make money from your experience and knowledge and help. You just need to "own it" and not make it appear like you're doing it from the goodness of your heart.)

I really do appreciate you explaining it to me! I’m currently on my phone and trying to figure out how to delete the posts that I made in the other forums! I don’t want to come across as spamy at all! That’s never my intention!! We can never have too many people helping others!!!!

Go to the forums (Website Assistance) and ask Ken to delete them for you. TY for wanting to become part of this forum. We need active peeps here who post inspirational stuff for all!

On 3/20/2020 at 11:56 AM, MaddieSpahr said:

On June 26, 2017- I had gastric bypass surgery. I have lost/maintained 180 pound weight loss. I share my journey on Instagram - (my name on there is Maddie5088) and I also have a public Facebook Page called Mornings with Maddie. I created a blog almost a year ago that focuses on sharing my journey, creating/sharing healthy recipes. You can find it here - foodfitnessandbeauty.com

I share body positivity, kindness, self love, inclusivity, healthy recipes, grocery hauls, I do monthly giveaways, how to meal prep, affordable/easy meals for bariatric patients and I do Q and As for Bariatric patients.

I have felt very called to share my journey with the bariatric community! I hope you come follow along my story! It’s been a heck of a ride!

Xoxo

Maddie

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image0.0.jpg

It's nice to see your transformation. Can't wait to try on the healthy recipes you've posted. Keep it up!

On 03/26/2020 at 12:16, knightbills said:

It's nice to see your transformation. Can't wait to try on the healthy recipes you've posted. Keep it up!

Thank you so much!!! So excited for you to try my recipes :)