Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having or had surgery in mexico 2020

I will be having gastric sleeve April 2nd at Oasis of Hope with Dr gonzalas .. Any one know the difference between united states and mexico pre diet?

Any one having surgery at oasis of hope in April?

I'm having surgery in Piedras Negras with Dr. Alvarez on April 22. The only difference I've noticed between the US and Mexico is that Mexico seems to follow a standard 2-3 pre-op liquid diet depending on BMI. Are you on one right now?

No im waiting for them to send me the diet.. She said they will send me one sometime this week.. I would like to be prepared and not wait for last minute.

Oh ok. My doctor sent me an extremely long list of OK foods for the liquid diet. I've got two weeks left before I have to start it. Lots of broth, sugar-free popsicles, a veggie Soup and Protein Shakes. Basically, you can eat broccoli, cauliflower, kale, spinach, bell peppers, carrots and celery as much as you want, raw or cooked. I'm making several batches of a soup containing all of the veggies to freeze and take to work. I have one of those essential jobs and I can't work from home.

It's a two hour flight home, so not too worried about clots until I land. With my luck, I'll end up at Gate D1 which would be the longest walk to Ground Transportation for a domestic flight! I might have to ask for a wheelchair.

More we walk, more gas we pass .

In which I hear is pretty painfull, don't forget your gas x strips!

4 hours ago, sweetsmith78 said:

I will be having gastric sleeve April 2nd at Oasis of Hope with Dr gonzalas .. Any one know the difference between united states and Mexico pre diet?

Any one having surgery at Oasis of Hope in April?

Can you get back into the US after the surgery? I thought the board was closed?

The boarder of mexico and united states is not closed.. Back in February they were concsidering.. The United States

US has banned the entry of all foreign nationals who have travelled to China, Iran, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK or Ireland 14 days before their arrival.

US citizens or permanent residents who have visited a high-risk area must fly into one of the 13 international airports with enhanced entry screening capabilities.

14 hours ago, sweetsmith78 said:

More we walk, more gas we pass .

In which I hear is pretty painfull, don't forget your gas x strips!

I feel like a walking pharmacy with all the meds I have in preparation for the surgery: chewable Tylenol, gaviscon, gas x, Dramamine, Miralax and Vitamins (gummies and patches). Not looking forward to it but it's worth it, right?