Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im scared of gaining weight through this crisis

32 minutes ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

One minute the whole thing seems unlikely, like when my husband and I are on a wooded trail with our dog and the sun is shining; but then the reality comes crashing back.

Exactly. We walked out dog yesterday in the sunshine so that's pretty normal but you could notice people being kind of ... suspicious when you walk by them. I can't help myself viewing every person on the street as a potential virus dispatcher right now.

The streets are empty, that feels kind of spooky now and then.

On 3/20/2020 at 3:19 PM, Machalo said:

I just had a thought! Why not take this time in spring that we have as downtime around the house and plant our own gardens? It will ensure that we have fresh veg and possibly fruits, will definitely count as exercise, and you can get seeds and starters from Burpee.com plus all the gardening tips you'll ever need. I may just take my own advice/thought. HAHA!

I did start some seeds earlier this week. I have a 40 by 50 garden that in the past I have not been in good enough shape to work by myself. It sounds like a good day weather wise and I am going to go out and play in the dirt. Great idea!!!

On 3/18/2020 at 12:50 PM, JessLess said:

2.8 mile walk/run with the dogs. Golden retrievers are bad at social distancing.

Dogs.jpg

Ohhhhh love your doggies....

13 hours ago, ResaRoo said:

Ummmmm, what? Are you suggesting that China, Italy, Spain, etc are all making up their sickness and death rates and slowing their economies just to make Trump look bad for the upcoming elections? Are you serious??

And honestly, anyone who currently supports Trump, despite his past comments and actions, is hardly likely to change their minds anytime soon. And many people vote party, not person.

Glad you have great immunity. Many in your community do not. And not everyone has great healthcare insurance in the event they get very ill or have after effects like compromised lungs.

I am entitled to my opinion.... And i'm still not worried. I go to work every day, go to the grocery and get only what is needed. I have NOT overbought anything. Husband and i had dinner out Saturday night and it was great.... No waiting for a table, no waiting for drinks, and no waiting for food. It was a beautiful meal.... Crab claws appetizer, Filet (MR) Grilled asparagus, and au gratin potatoes.... (glad he let me eat off his plate). Stuck to my portions
During all this, and managed to lose a pound and a half this week.

I never said this sickness was made up... Corona has been around.... Honestly had the media not scared the crap out of people, most would be going about there lives as normal. I know of not one person, or even a person of a person.... or even a person of a person of a person that has tested positive. I do know one thing... that the person in front of me yesterday that bought 10 gallons of orange juice and left NONE on the shelf for anyone else is panic buying.... I would NEVER do that... Ridiculous. She pulled her buggy up to the cooler and had her daughter stand so that no one else could get any. Not going to lie... the thought (i hope she loses power and all that juice goes bad) did cross my mind. People fighting over toilet paper and a can of veggies.... come on people. If people would shop as normal we would not be in the situation that we are...

Pre this years deer.... it's filled up even more now... One pound of ground deer could last me nearly a week. The bread isle... I don't eat bread, so could careless. This was the case on the candy, ship, soda.... still... don't care.

Produce is full and that's what i care about..... When i can't get fresh veggies... then i will start to worry.
Planted my herbs for the year... all good.

59814012663__D8690013-BA55-4DD6-B342-47F7E2E832BC.JPG

IMG_1486.jpg

made meatloaf this weekend that will last me for weeks.... vacuum sealer for the win.

Just now, summerset said:

Wow. That's a picture I've luckily haven't seen so far.

what's crazy is the fresh baked breads are still there, but the prepackaged, processed ones are completely gone. Guess people aren't at the point of slicing their on bread yet.

10 minutes ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

what's crazy is the fresh baked breads are still there, but the prepackaged, processed ones are completely gone. Guess people aren't at the point of slicing their on bread yet.

Supply chain. The bakery still has their flour and ingredients. And the people to bake the bread. Short supply chain.

2 minutes ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

what's crazy is the fresh baked breads are still there, but the prepackaged, processed ones are completely gone.

I think there is a certain kind of logic behind it because people are hoarding the stuff with long shelf lives that you simply can throw into your pantry or basement. No freezer needed as long as you don't open the package.

I like having Pumpernickel or Knäckebrot at home (don't know if these breads are even a thing in the US, in Germany they're quite popular). I usually buy when the stuff is on some special offer. No weird ingredients and with a rather long shelf life at room temperature as long as you don't open the package.

Honestly, I expected to be all canned goods being sold out. But Germans only seem to hoard toilet paper, soap, kitchen towels, flour and Pasta. The other shelves in the grocery stores look like usual.

2 hours ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

IMG_1486.jpg

This would be a dream to me! This might be the ONLY way I could stay away from breads! (Notice the Buns and rolls sign.)

They are hoarding everything here.... Its a good thing i don't eat rice, Pasta, bread.... Those shelves are empty as well. bottle Water, soda, eggs.... you name it...

Crazy but fresh produce is good... thank God. Sitting here eating a pear.

@summerset Not going to lie.... had to look up Knäckebrot. I like Pumpernickel... i have to tell the waitress to NOT bring to the table... i can't resist it.

There is one bread that i allow myself a 1/4 of a slice.... http://www.daveskillerbread.com/good-seed So good, and if i toast it long enough i can eat it.

21 minutes ago, summerset said:

1/4 of a slice... dear mother of God. 😦

yes... Today's lunch.... via Saturday night dinner date with the husband

IMG_1488.jpg

Lots of empty shelves in Aust too. They established limits on how many packs of toilet paper, rice, Pasta, meat, etc. last week because of people’s greed. Does cause probs though for those with legitimate need for additional packs. My brother has 5 children. His wife tried to buy 2kg of mince to make spag bolognaise. Could only get 1x1kg pack & 2x500g. She was stopped at the checkout & they were going to take the 1kg pack away. She had to fight to keep 1.5kg explaining she was feeding 7 people. Worse was she ran into a friend who bragged she’d bought 2x1kg packs & it’s just 2 of them.

I feel for the staff at the grocery stores. They’re being abused & are so rushed off their feet they can’t even get the shelves restocked.