Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Slimmy-mommeee said:

These suggestions make me want to be more adventurous in the kitchen. Guess I'll have to take my chances at the supermarket again. I went two days ago and it was a nuthouse. All the meats were gone...smh.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

The people have lost their darn minds and logic.

I've been on liquids and purees since I left the hospital, in two days I'll officially move on to the soft foods stage. When I had my sleeve done 3 years ago I remember cooking whatever meat or fish I had in a broth (either chicken or beef or vegetable - Better than Bouillon is great for this). It's not sous-vide as that takes ages - I wasn't hard boiling it, but since it was so little meat it cooked pretty quickly. meats tend to be more tender this way and can be easier to eat at first if other methods (oven baking, grilling, etc) are not as successful. Poaching eggs the traditional way (right in the water) is another option.

Personally I love Shelly's egg bites recipes on theworldaccordingtoeggface.com - I've tried quite a few, and am already planning which ones I'll eat this week. I've done the ricotta bake before but it's hard to find ricotta in Japan so I'll have to see if I can source some tomorrow. She also has a lot of other recipe ideas for different stages, it's worth taking a look if you haven't already: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

So you only had to do 2 weeks of liquids/purees as well - lucky you! :D What I liked to mix into savory Soups was either natural Peanut Butter or canned tuna.< /span>

I can advance on Wednesday. coffee, here I come again!

On 3/14/2020 at 6:56 PM, BadWolfGirl said:

I promise it gets better!! Just keep at it, keep walking!

For soft foods, I loved refried Beans with a little cheese and sour cream. You can Google buffalo chicken puree, that's yummy too. Or ricotta bake. I had trouble with creamy Soups because they went through too quickly and I got the sweats and nauseous but I could do pureed veggie Soup or Tomato Soup.< br>
I'm 7 weeks out and eating normal food. It feels like it will never happen but it does! I promise. (Still can't do chicken breast but love me some chicken thighs!).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The link doesn’t work for the Buffalo Chicken purée if you have the recipe it would be helpful

On 3/14/2020 at 6:56 PM, BadWolfGirl said:

I promise it gets better!! Just keep at it, keep walking!

For soft foods, I loved refried Beans with a little cheese and sour cream. You can Google buffalo chicken puree, that's yummy too. Or ricotta bake. I had trouble with creamy Soups because they went through too quickly and I got the sweats and nauseous but I could do pureed veggie Soup or Tomato Soup.< br>
I'm 7 weeks out and eating normal food. It feels like it will never happen but it does! I promise. (Still can't do chicken breast but love me some chicken thighs!).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The link doesn’t work for the Buffalo Chicken purée if you have the recipe it would be helpful

On 7/19/2020 at 5:23 PM, Mebadwow said:

The link doesn’t work for the Buffalo chicken purée if you have the recipe it would be helpful

Here's one: https://www.dallasweightloss.com/recipes/buffalo-chicken/

I can’t find sugar free popsicles. Where did you get them?

34 minutes ago, Shell4451 said:

I can’t find sugar free popsicles. Where did you get them?

I ordered sports pops from Amazon. They are delicious! sugar free and have electrolytes as well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079RVSGWN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Its a big box, but it beats the hassle of having to track them down when I want them.

Snappish thank you so much! I’ve been looking everywhere!

I'm two weeks post-op and I pretty much got the ok to explore moist foods. I've had refried Beans, deli meat dipped in wholly guacamole, riccotta baked, finger length piece of flounder. I have yet to have eat my cauliflower mash/rice,

I'm two weeks post-op and I pretty much got the ok to explore moist foods. I've had refried Beans, deli meat dipped in wholly guacamole, riccotta baked, finger length piece of flounder. I have yet to have eat my cauliflower mash/rice,