Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OH yea this is a tool and you need to get the whole workshop set up - Read this whole site great information and all of us are here to pay back for the ones who helped us

1. Master your Vitamins and minerals

2. Read about the head games and mental issues you will get

@Deloris Hi there, I’m 10 days post op now. I started my journey in 10/7/19. My surgeon’s office tried to push my surgery through faster than my insurance wanted so I had a set back with having my surgery postponed for two months. I was devastated at first, but took that time to look within and start to try to like myself as I was and not depending on this surgery to be a fix-all. Now, I’m grateful for that delay and the two month I spent being and gentle and loving with myself. I guess I’m trying to say is if you do have any setbacks—not that you will, but if you do— I believe, it’s for a reason.

I also lost 26 pounds from Oct-March and really started eating less during that last two months. I still had a rough time with the all liquid diet for 14 days and only made it 9 days full liquids but everything went great. Wishing you the best of luck!

Edited by CammyC

8 minutes ago, Deloris said:

Should I try to do the liquid diet before surgery?

From what I've heard, the liquid diet is to shrink your liver so there is easier access to everything for the surgeon. I've heard some surgeons don't have their patients do it though so I'd check with your doc on that. I'm starting my journey as well, 2 1/2 months into my 6 months of appointments. Best of luck to you!!!

@Deloris All surgeons are different in the style of the liver shrinking diet as you will see in reading our feedback. Mine required 14 days all liquids—clear and Protein Shakes. I actually started two months prior to surgery cutting my meals to one a day and I would drink Ensure Max Protein for Breakfast and lunch and only eat dinner. I was trying to train my stomach to eat less. I would eat a a banana or cottage cheese in between when I got hungry.
Has your surgery been scheduled? If so, your surgeon and NUT will provide you with exact instructions.
Even though I was only eating one meal a day more or less weeks before I still struggled with the 14 day liquid diet. I really only made it about 9 days and days 9-5 I would cave and would have 2-3 bites of things like broccoli or chicken. The last 5 days I really hunkered down and it was so hard but my surgeon told me I did a great job of shrinking my liver so there’s that. I wish you best of luck in your journey!

7 minutes ago, RainbowBrite57 said:

From what I've heard, the liquid diet is to shrink your liver so there is easier access to everything for the surgeon. I've heard some surgeons don't have their patients do it though so I'd check with your doc on that. I'm starting my journey as well, 2 1/2 months into my 6 months of appointments. Best of luck to you!!!

I'm on my second class on the 24th