Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Corona delaying weight loss surgery dates? Anyone?

5 minutes ago, trowensss said:

Plateau last than a month post op from gastric bypass. Has anybody had this to happen to them?

pretty much 99.9% of us. Do a search of this site on the three week stall. You'll find thousands of posts on it.

7 minutes ago, trowensss said:

Plateau last than a month post op from gastric bypass. Has anybody had this to happen to them?

here - I did the search for you. Over 17,000 posts on the three week stall:

https://www.bariatricpal.com/search/?q=three week stall

On 06/14/2020 at 14:19, trowensss said:

I listened to the Bariatric pal pod cast and they said it was because you shrink your liver on the two week diet before surgery and it’s around the three week mark that your liver starts to return back to its normal size . It said it doesn’t me u are not losing it just isn’t showing on the scale.

On 6/13/2020 at 2:26 PM, IWantTheDream said:

Wow congratulations on your engagement 🥂that is awesome!

Thank you so much! 💜

Mine was delayed as well , I was going under surgery on April 2 but now it’s going to be on June 30 .. I’ve gained weight during the lockdown 🥺🤦🏼‍♀️ I start liquid diet on the 16 of June

Oh wow, you have 2 weeks of liquids? It hopefully will fly by quickly. My surgery is June 23rd( formerly March 17th). I start liquid diet on the 16th as well. I also gained during the shift in. We can do it, we can do it!
Good luck! 🏆🏆🤪

On 6/9/2020 at 2:29 AM, jlow347 said:

Yeaaaaaaaa for you! I’m in the 23rd too! I was also canceled less than 24 hrs before my previous date in March! Good luck to both of you! Sending prayers, 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Hi I just got on to catch up. thank you and your prayers have worked because I did super wellto this day I am like in awe with how well I am doing and feeling. How are you doing sweetie?

On 3/12/2020 at 10:51 AM, MaybeMeow said:

Just got an email saying to expect delays in my pre op approval and prep program process. Trying not to feel selfishly bummed when I’m so ready to jump into this. Anyone hear of surgeries being postponed due to the growing seriousness of the pandemic? I imagine it’s inevitable.

Just popping in as the original poster of this thread to say... be patient! My surgery was postponed in early April but rescheduled to June 9th and it gave me time to really prepare emotionally. Now I'm 35 days post op and it sounds like things are being post poned again. If you are one of the unlucky ones... keep heart. It will happen. Use the extra time to get a jump start on the weight loss. I'm not sure it's that much easier after the surgery. Read up on this site. And spend time visualizing the whole post op process which is a little more than crazy. Best of luck to all!!

I was originally scheduled for the end of March. I ended up getting rescheduled for Aug 4th. I could have got it in July, but because of lay offs, I had to wait until August

Eddy Blaine Brown II

Mine is scheduled for August 11 and I’m hoping it won’t be postponed. 😔

I F I N A L L Y got a rescheduled date after feeling ghosted by the surgeon's office after I got my psych eval. I'm supposed to go in on August 26th, two days after my birthday. I have been waiting so long...and now since people in NJ are starting to act up again with these parties and people getting sick, I'm hoping electives aren't on the chopping block again before I can do it. I was so close before and then everything shut down, and of course I totally understood why. The second date was in June but I still couldn't get my psych eval.

I found out that anaesthesia needed something on paper from my doctor (I can't believe they didn't do this part) so I ventured out to get that, and I need to redo my labs. I plan to contact the office later today to inform them I got the paperwork. Here we go, I guess. Paws crossed!

23 minutes ago, GataAnime said:

I F I N A L L Y got a rescheduled date after feeling ghosted by the surgeon's office after I got my psych eval. I'm supposed to go in on August 26th, two days after my birthday. I have been waiting so long...and now since people in NJ are starting to act up again with these parties and people getting sick, I'm hoping electives aren't on the chopping block again before I can do it. I was so close before and then everything shut down, and of course I totally understood why. The second date was in June but I still couldn't get my psych eval.

I found out that anaesthesia needed something on paper from my doctor (I can't believe they didn't do this part) so I ventured out to get that, and I need to redo my labs. I plan to contact the office later today to inform them I got the paperwork. Here we go, I guess. Paws crossed!

Hope it all gets sorted for you!

On 8/3/2020 at 2:05 AM, Hop_Scotch said:

Hope it all gets sorted for you!

Thank you!

On 7/14/2020 at 4:12 PM, MaybeMeow said:

Just popping in as the original poster of this thread to say... be patient! My surgery was postponed in early April but rescheduled to June 9th and it gave me time to really prepare emotionally. Now I'm 35 days post op and it sounds like things are being post poned again. If you are one of the unlucky ones... keep heart. It will happen. Use the extra time to get a jump start on the weight loss. I'm not sure it's that much easier after the surgery. Read up on this site. And spend time visualizing the whole post op process which is a little more than crazy. Best of luck to all!!

MaybeMeow, how did your preop go? Your starting weight and height are what mine were. I've lost some weight since starting the WLS process (nowhere close to my IBW) because I've been compliant with diet and exercise. I'm worried that surgery will be denied if my BMI goes down too low. I'm stuck in a holding pattern waiting on the surgical coordinator to give me a surgery date then to submit pre-authorization to my insurance company. The last I heard, surgeries now are being scheduled for November. I can be patient and don't mind the delay so much as the not knowing whether the surgery will be approved or not. I know I need surgery; aside from the weight itself, I've developed several obesity-related comorbidities and have a really awful family history on both sides (cardiovascular, diabetes, morbid obesity, etc.).

If you don't mind my asking, did you lose any weight before surgery? Did you have to deal with insurance approval problems, or was it a pretty easy process?