Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Corona delaying weight loss surgery dates? Anyone?

24 minutes ago, IWantTheDream said:

So sorry! I don’t know if they are doing visits of any kind but my drs use these to there about an hr away from u but train station is literally two blocks from red bank office of one.
Kristine C. Keane, Psy D. 58 Maple Ave, Red Bank , NJ 07701 732-920-3434.
Or
David M Goldberg, Ph D 34 Sycamore Ave, Little Silver, NJ 07739 732-730-5381
Hope it helps.

Wow...thank you kindly! I will look into it and see what I can find out. 😺

Yes My surgery date was April 6 Keeping all my scheduled app by phone doing the steps as best I can. Stay strong just think of this as training for post date

On 3/12/2020 at 8:51 AM, MaybeMeow said:

Just got an email saying to expect delays in my pre op approval and prep program process. Trying not to feel selfishly bummed when I’m so ready to jump into this. Anyone hear of surgeries being postponed due to the growing seriousness of the pandemic? I imagine it’s inevitable.

My surgery was supposed to be for the first week of April. it got postponed and rescheduled to 5/29. I was really sad about it.

On 5/18/2020 at 10:22 AM, GataAnime said:

So frustrated.

Right before everything went to Corona Hell, I was supposed to get a psych eval. I had been asking about it for months prior to thiat, and the place where I regularly see a doctor kept putting it off and putting it off, citing the fact that I "didn't want to get it too soon". Initially, I was scheduled for April 8th, and my psych eval was scheduled for March 25th. A week before that appt. I get the call from my surgeon's office that everything is on hold until June 10th. Okay, acceptable, considering. Frustrating af, but I completely understood.

I got a call a few weeks ago from the surgeon's office asking if I was still interested. I said yes, and they reminded me that they still need my psych eval if I wanted to do it by June, otherwise they'd have to push me back to August. I had a telemed appt with my psych coming up, so I said I'd ask then.

Of course, since elective surgery hadn't had a restart date as of then for my state (New Jersey), she balked and basically said "Ain't nobody got time for that."

Last week the governor announced that elective surgeries in NJ are scheduled to begin on the 26th of this month. So, naturally, I call to ask about the psych eval, and am again denied--and by the temporary receptionist, no less, who didn't seem to be listening when I told her I wasn't a new patient ("They're not accepting new patients right now"). She checked and said my psych isn't doing any evals by telemed or otherwise.

I'm done, yawl.

I think what's exacerbating my frustration is the fact that I also recently had a conversation with my PCP and learned that I am pre-diabetic. Lovely. So I'm feeling a bit put out and dismissed by my psych people. I was hoping to avoid something like this; this was the point of going through this process to begin with. I feel alone. I get the sense that they're taking this attitude of it's not important due to it being elective, never mind that it's extremely life-altering and could possibly help me save my health. I think there's this stigma attached to it as if bariatric surgeries are considered frivolous; for instance, the reaction to people who opt for cosmetic surgeries. It's not the same thing.

So here I am searching online for someone who might be able to help, perhaps another mental health provider in my area who does these by telemed.

Sorry for bxtching. I...I just dunno what to do at this point.

Look for an online psychiatrist. I did the first part of my evaluation online and the the dr called for the second part. Took about 20 minutes and 98 dollars!

I finally received my new date!!! June 26th it is. My original date was 4/13. This wait has been hard. I have been eating really, really bad and gained about 5 pounds. I live in Nashville, but will have surgery in Atlanta with Dr. Lytle. Hopefully there is not another delay..... I have to spend 2 extra days prior to surgery in Atlanta for covid testing..... Let’s keep our fingers and toes crossed!

Edited by LisaDee1

On 5/19/2020 at 10:47 PM, LisaDee1 said:

Look for an online psychiatrist. I did the first part of my evaluation online and the the dr called for the second part. Took about 20 minutes and 98 dollars!

Wow, who did you use? The one I found was about $175.

My surgery has finally been rescheduled for June 16 - so, a two-month delay almost to the day (original date was April 14). Yay!

Hi guys I’m new to this site.. so I have to do my nutrition class then I’m done... I have Cigna Plus.... live in St. Louis by the way.... trying to see will I be affected by this ... or will I have to wait longer

Hi Yessssss but it’s like I’m kinda depress with all that’s going on but the closer I get to the end of this journey i get more excited.. I’m sooo happy I fought this support group

I’m in NC and the big day is tomorrow! Have to be at hospital at 4:30 am. So ready to begin this journey!