Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Corona delaying weight loss surgery dates? Anyone?

1 hour ago, Clorose5 said:

Well they called last week to give me May 5th. Originally scheduled for March 24th. I had to say no because I work in a procedure area and of course can not get the time off now due to us being very busy. Maybe September or October. 😢😢

I'm so sorry to hear that, Clorose5! That is for sure a disappointment. Try not to get too down though. It will happen for you. Stay strong, you can do this! <<HUGS>>

On 05/04/2020 at 15:06, Groovymommy said:

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that! When was your surgery originally scheduled? Hope they call me soon. They said they would reschedule people in order. Good luck to you!

I had just gotten the approval so was waiting for surgery date when the lockdown happened.

5 hours ago, Machalo said:

I'm so sorry to hear that, Clorose5! That is for sure a disappointment. Try not to get too down though. It will happen for you. Stay strong, you can do this! <<HUGS>>

Thank you!

On 4/3/2020 at 3:18 AM, Lrdoflamancha said:

I had a recently retired surgeon tell me.... he expects that elective surgery will not be back in full production until at least Sept, 2020 and any hiccup at all will delay it till 2021.

OMGGG I hope not!

NY here, Long Island - we are only 2/7 in the phasing.

I've been postponed twice, with no date pencilled in yet - I'm so antsy - it's a revision, so I'll deal, but my hernia is so panful and the surgical coordinator said I'm one of the first in line when we do open up.

Received a explanation of benefits from my pre surgical testing visit, which was 6 days prior to my surgery and they are denying my claims because I didnt get surgery 21 days later... protocol I guess.

I guess I have to call and fight it - I mean, I was scheduled 3/18, cancelled 3/15 for the COVID issues. then was 4/29... I guess they'll have to see or be told what happened .. I hope they pay the bill ;)

I was rescheduled yesterday for gastric sleeve surgery here in SW Washington. My original date was March 26th, and I was canceled 1 week into my milk diet. SUCKY!! I hadn't cheated once, but I'd built up to it for weeks. My new date is May 28th, since hospitals are allowed to start electives again on May 18th here, and I start my diet next Thursday. Little nervous about that, especially since I work in the education system from home on my computer all day now. I hope to get in and out of all the appointments and surgery before all the restrictions ease (shouldn't happen until mid-June) and people freak out about a new wave and cause a possible second postponement. *fingers crossed*

1 hour ago, Cia2020 said:

I was rescheduled yesterday for gastric sleeve surgery here in SW Washington. My original date was March 26th, and I was canceled 1 week into my milk diet. SUCKY!! I hadn't cheated once, but I'd built up to it for weeks. My new date is May 28th, since hospitals are allowed to start electives again on May 18th here, and I start my diet next Thursday. Little nervous about that, especially since I work in the education system from home on my computer all day now. I hope to get in and out of all the appointments and surgery before all the restrictions ease (shouldn't happen until mid-June) and people freak out about a new wave and cause a possible second postponement. *fingers crossed*

Good for you!!! Rock it! You’ve got it!

my revision was 3/18 to 4/29 and nothing. I’m hoping the governor will open up 5/15 but I doubt it. I’m in NY.

On 05/06/2020 at 12:11, Cia2020 said:

Good luck I hope it all works out. Our governor in NJ just extended the state of emergency lock down by another 30 days. I really would like him to stick his data determines dates where the sun don’t shine. I mean I don’t mind staying home but I really would like him to lift elective surgery. Good luck and let us all know how you are after you have it. You got this !🍀

I am in Georgia and I am experiencing delays. Things are starting to open up and the Doctor recommends July or August. I am a newbie and still going through items on my checklist.

46 minutes ago, IWantTheDream said:

Good luck I hope it all works out. Our governor in NJ just extended the state of emergency lock down by another 30 days. I really would like him to stick his data determines dates where the sun don’t shine. I mean I don’t mind staying home but I really would like him to lift elective surgery. Good luck and let us all know how you are after you have it. You got this !🍀

I’m sure I’m right behind you, here on Long Island NY. I’m sure mr cuomo will follow suit. Grrr. I agree about certain things but I’m a revision and in so much pain everyday.

3 minutes ago, Ajjacobs said:

I am in Georgia and I am experiencing delays. Things are starting to open up and the Doctor recommends July or August. I am a newbie and still going through items on my checklist.

Omy. July or August I would go nuts.

On 05/06/2020 at 21:34, ge0rgette2 said:

I’m sure I’m right behind you, here on Long Island NY. I’m sure mr cuomo will follow suit. Grrr. I agree about certain things but I’m a revision and in so much pain everyday.

I feel for you I have a hiatal hernia and the regurgitation is crazy. I also have Barrettes esophagus so I worry about the acid causing me to pop positive for cancer. I really cannot wait for this surgery for a few different ways also. I am with you . Try to stay strong I am trying also just because we have no other choice. When I’m really frustrated I yell at the tv when the governor is on. It doesn’t solve anything but sometimes it feels good to get it out of your system. Lol hang in there with luck maybe not to much longer 🍀

46 minutes ago, IWantTheDream said:

I feel for you I have a hiatal hernia and the regurgitation is crazy. I also have Barrettes esophagus so I worry about the acid causing me to pop positive for cancer. I really cannot wait for this surgery for a few different ways also. I am with you . Try to stay strong I am trying also just because we have no other choice. When I’m really frustrated I yell at the tv when the governor is on. It doesn’t solve anything but sometimes it feels good to get it out of your system. Lol hang in there with luck maybe not to much longer 🍀

Yes. Umbilical hernia here and the esophagitis is at me everyday. I have to double up on my rx of protonix which isn’t good either.
I am hoping the governor doesn’t change for another month. Nj just did.

On 05/07/2020 at 12:24, ge0rgette2 said:

Yes. Umbilical hernia here and the esophagitis is at me everyday. I have to double up on my rx of protonix which isn’t good either.

I am hoping the governor doesn’t change for another month. Nj just did.

I hope you get unlocked very soon. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

On 5/6/2020 at 8:30 PM, Ajjacobs said:

I was scheduled 4/13 with Dr Lytle and got cancelled..... They have not given me a new date... I called the office last week and they stated they have not gotten sates from Northside....... I am so very frustrated!