Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Corona delaying weight loss surgery dates? Anyone?

39 minutes ago, IWantTheDream said:

Well they canceled my surgery again! My new date for the third time is July 7th. I feel sooo deflated and disappointed and I feel like I just keep getting the rug pulled out from under me. I am really tired of this I am tired of being on lock down . I was at my local hospital to day for a upper GI and it was quite and dead. I feel like maybe we are being lied to and it’s not as bad as they say. I don’t know I guess I’m just tired of this . I’m ready for freedom this whole process should have been three months n now it’s going to be nine months. Very disappointing it feels like it’s never going to happen

I completely understand your frustration. However, I can tell you from personal experience that this is real and the area you were in, may not have Covid-19 patients. My best friend is a nurse and we talk daily about this pandemic and how scary it is. Now I can say, the hospital where I’m scheduled for my bypass was quiet and dead at my last appointment a few weeks ago. But when my husband severed his finger about three weeks ago, there were constant Covid-19 patients arriving at the ER. It was unreal.

But again, I understand. My surgery would’ve been this past Monday, April 27th and now I’m still scheduled for May 15th, but I’m in TN where they’ve decided to reopen the economy, and our numbers are shooting up as more testing becomes available. I just want to have this surgery and be happy. I’m two, almost three years into my journey due to insurance changes, and the practice switching over where I lost my advocate. Just stick in there and keep your fingers crossed. And feel free to contact me directly if you just want to vent. I’m really struggling right now not to eat everything in sight, and I’m supposed to start the liver shrink diet AGAIN, tomorrow. Don’t give up, just keep checking in and hopefully people will continue to social distance long enough for us to make our surgery dates!

43 minutes ago, IWantTheDream said:

Well they canceled my surgery again! My new date for the third time is July 7th. I feel sooo deflated and disappointed and I feel like I just keep getting the rug pulled out from under me. I am really tired of this I am tired of being on lock down . I was at my local hospital to day for a upper GI and it was quite and dead. I feel like maybe we are being lied to and it’s not as bad as they say. I don’t know I guess I’m just tired of this . I’m ready for freedom this whole process should have been three months n now it’s going to be nine months. Very disappointing it feels like it’s never going to happen

I thought things were supposed to be pretty bad in NJ. Looks like you guys are just two days out from the peak in deaths (and a couple weeks out from the peak in resources). Plus the hospital is probably trying to reschedule all those surgeries that got backed up because of COVID - not just bariatric surgeries, but hip replacements, etc. They'll get you in - I'm sure of that.

On 05/01/2020 at 00:11, catwoman7 said:

I thought things were supposed to be pretty bad in NJ. Looks like you guys are just two days out from the peak in deaths (and a couple weeks out from the peak in resources). Plus the hospital is probably trying to reschedule all those surgeries that got backed up because of COVID - not just bariatric surgeries, but hip replacements, etc. They'll get you in - I'm sure of that.

Well if you listen to the Governor talk numbers it looks horrible but for me I have to admit I was blessed so far. My life hasn’t changed to much. I still work and although I am out of work at my second job and my third job is a summer and that’s probably not happening because it has to do with summer concerts and that should have been starting this month. So as yes I am losing money but at least I still have my primary job. And I definitely should know better I was an EMT and Firefighter so I know things aren’t always as they seem. I think I’m just stressed out. And disappointed ☹️

I also live in NJ and my surgery delayed too. I was supposed to have it March 24th. Yesterday the coordinator finally called me and told me my surgery is tentatively on June 9th. I’m just nervous it’ll be delayed again.

On 05/02/2020 at 10:47, Nokomis said:

I also live in NJ and my surgery delayed too. I was supposed to have it March 24th. Yesterday the coordinator finally called me and told me my surgery is tentatively on June 9th. I’m just nervous it’ll be delayed again.

Hey Jersey
I am in Monmouth county. What county are you in? My last date was supposed to be May 30th and they pulled it less then two weeks after giving it to me. I hope the governor opens up the operating room for elective surgery soon. If he does I’m hoping they will put me in sooner. Every time I get close it’s like that movie Groundhog Day and they call me and cancel n rescheduled this time is like starting all over again. My new date is 65 days away again. Very frustrating. I hope for your sake they keep your date. Best of luck!

My April 13 date was postponed (obviously). I now have a new date of May 13. *happy dance* I hope everyone else receives the same kind of great news very very soon! Stay strong, it's our time and it will happen! ❤️❤️

Well they called last week to give me May 5th. Originally scheduled for March 24th. I had to say no because I work in a procedure area and of course can not get the time off now due to us being very busy. Maybe September or October. 😢😢

Edited by Clorose5

14 minutes ago, Machalo said:

My April 13 date was postponed (obviously). I now have a new date of May 13. *happy dance* I hope everyone else receives the same kind of great news very very soon! Stay strong, it's our time and it will happen! ❤️❤️

Yay! I have a date of May 15th, so looks like we’ll be Bariatric buddies!

25 minutes ago, PuddinJasper said:

I added you so that we can be a support system of sorts! You nervous? Where are you?

It's MY time!

I’m getting nervous as the date nears. I’m right outside if Memphis, TN! What about you?

Here in NC I haven't heard anything more, since my surgery (originally scheduled for April 14) was cancelled on March 25. As far as I know, the health system is still not doing elective surgeries. But I really hope my surgery gets rescheduled soon, maybe for this fall.

I’m in NC too and they opened today for elective surgeries. My surgeons office said they would call me this week with a date for surgery.

1 minute ago, Suzq328 said:

I’m in NC too and they opened today for elective surgeries. My surgeons office said they would call me this week with a date for surgery.

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that! When was your surgery originally scheduled? Hope they call me soon. They said they would reschedule people in order. Good luck to you!