Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Corona delaying weight loss surgery dates? Anyone?

I'm so sorry. It seems like most are getting postponed.

I had my surgery on March 5th and just saw my doctor yesterday for my first post op and he told me he has to cancel 25 Surgery cases because they are cancelling all elective surgeries. I wish you all the best and those of you pending surgery please do not get discouraged or bummed out. You will eventually have your turn just stay positive and know that these things happen for a reason. Be safe and god bless.

Where are you all located with cancelled dates? I haven’t been given a date as of yet, but was told possibly late April, early May. I’m going to my last weigh-in on Monday and my advocate will be submitting my paperwork then. Anyone else in preapproval stage?

25 minutes ago, PinknFlawless said:

Where are you all located with cancelled dates? I haven’t been given a date as of yet, but was told possibly late April, early May. I’m going to my last weigh-in on Monday and my advocate will be submitting my paperwork then. Anyone else in preapproval stage?

I'm in michigan, april 1st surgery date. All surgeries cancelled until March 31st, and then we have no idea. No one knows. But due to the liquid diets all.of us are delayed no matter what happens now. I was in a preop class when we were told.the news.

That’s what I was thinking. I’m in Tennessee and we have a few cases but nowhere near as many as the northern areas that have been hit hard. I’m really hoping I get a date soon as this is my second time, and I swear that sludge they have you drink for your upper GI test has been punishment enough. I’ve now taken that test TWICE ewwww. Hopefully I’ll know a bit more about my particular case, hospital, and surgeon. I’m really hoping it can still happen before summer.

I just spoke with a friend who has a friend going through the Kaiser Options classes (Pre-op requirement in So. Cal). All classes have been postponed and her friend was informed that her surgeries (elective) have been postponed until further notice.

I'm praying for those of you who are on the journey and awaiting your surgery. Don't forget the reason why you are on this journey and remember why you are doing this. When you finally cross the finish line, you are going to appreciate your journey even more. We are going to stay united on our journeys rather it be pre or post-op, this is a real test for each of us. Even those of us who are recently post-op, we have to assure that we stay healthy and keep our immune systems healthy. I had a post-op appt via telephone today, I have to hope that I'm doing the right thing because without direct contact with your medical team it's not clear. Hopefully we all stay complication free, hydrated and mentally healthy. There are also those who need a revision due to complications from their first procedure, the list can keep growing. This is a domino effect that we are in together.

Sending positive vibes, prayers and blessings to each of you. Practice patience and keep your peace as your guides as we navigate through this.

My DS surgery is scheduled for 04/16 and have not received cancellation notice yet but I'm sure it's coming. I'm in NY, Westchester county. I'm going to cancel anyway because even if I have surgery, what if I develop complications post op and can't get to an Dr/ Hospital or ER? Something to think about

I'm in Michigan with two-week pre-op diet starting on april 1st, surgery scheduled for April 15. As of today, it's still on, but I am prepared if they postpone it. I just don't want to be on day 12 of the dreaded diet just to be told it's cancelled.

Had my pre-op testing and stuff done yesterday. Talking with the hospital staff, they are keeping everything rolling as smooth as possible, and do not see any future cancellations of any operations. But we shall see how that goes.

Operation is March 31st. And its during the time they are saying the US could be "hit by everything the hardest". I am expected them to postpone it, but am hopeful they don't . The hospital has been on extreme lock down as far as guests.

Well, my surgeon’s office called this morning to confirm I’m still planning to come on Friday. And by 4:45 they were calling to tel me they have to postpone. I’m not surprised but I’m terribly disappointed. TWO DAYS! I only needed another two days before my surgery date. And there haven’t even been any cases confirmed in the county where the hospital is located. Arghhhhhhh!!!!

Yup from April now to June ... maybe 😢

1 hour ago, fiddlinjellybean said:

Well, my surgeon’s office called this morning to confirm I’m still planning to come on Friday. And by 4:45 they were calling to tel me they have to postpone. I’m not surprised but I’m terribly disappointed. TWO DAYS! I only needed another two days before my surgery date. And there haven’t even been any cases confirmed in the county where the hospital is located. Arghhhhhhh!!!!

I'm soo sorry. So disappointing to work and wait so long.