Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Corona delaying weight loss surgery dates? Anyone?

2 hours ago, Cia2020 said:

My surgeons scheduler called me back and said they have no news about cancellations at this time, but they will let me know as soon/if they do.

I was just cancelled indefinitely. Mine was april 1st. Just left my preop testing this morning then got the news. They cancelled everyone

I’m so sorry to hear that Solo I’m expecting the same here our numbers keep climbing here in Louisiana I shaven’t gotten a cancellation call from a member of my bariatric team but a this point I’m just gonna assume that I won’t be getting surgery until all this is over

Well..... I got notice that my surgery scheduled for tomorrow has been canceled he to the Corona Virus I’m bummed out I’ve been on the liquid diet 2 weeks waiting for the day to come now only to be told they have no idea when they will be allowed to schedule me.. I’m leaving work to go home and cry.. I honestly feel so hopeless right now.. sorry for the vent

I dont know about other places but where I am the hospital/clinic is closing many entrances so they can screen everyone coming into the hospital for any reason and send them to the ER if they are febrile or sick. This will translate to everyone standing in line for likely hours and possible getting exposed to COVID-19 even though the county I live in only has 3 confirmed cases. It might be a blessing in disguise to have your surgery postponed because the last thing you want is to be sick while trying to recover from surgery. I called and cancelled my colonoscopy scheduled for next Monday because I do not want to go anywhere near the hospital. Can be done in a few months...

1 hour ago, KokoA said:

Same here! I was ready for tomorrow !
But who knows?! Maybe it is for the best

Hopefully it won’t be too long...

Awww, man, this majorly sucks for all y'all awaiting surgery. Let's hope for a quick turnaround with this problem so you can continue your journey. Maybe y'all should go to West Virginia--it's the last state with no (for now!) Covid cases.

I have been fortunate, my surgery has not been cancelled (so far) and in 12 hours time I will be presenting at the hospital.

Hi,

I suspect mine was postponed due to this...by two. Months. The state I live in is on a proper freak-out so I imagine it's out of an abundance of caution. But two months, though?

I'm also not trying to be too bummed about it; I'm just radically accepting it and looking at it as more time to prepare.

It would help a lot if those posting surgery cancelation indicating at least state your surgery was scheduled. Then we can better evaluate whether ours will be affected. For example, there are currently only twelve cases (3 are college students back from spring break) in Mississippi and only one is hospitalized. I doubt anything will be canceled here until the numbers go up.

Sooooo....scheduled 4/9...but not at a hospita...at a surgery center...contacted them this morning to find out about postponements. They say because they are a surgery center...they don't forsee any cancellations or postponements unless the government shuts them down. So far so good.

It's MY time!

23 hours ago, jlow347 said:

Yes mine was suppose to be tomorrow, and they called today and canceled. 😭😭😭

Where are you located?