Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre workout?

My Fiance is about 8 months post OP and she wants to get back in the gym but has no energy. Does anyone suggest any pre workouts she can take? Or should she not take pre workout post op?

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Staggs said:

My Fiance is about 8 months post OP and she wants to get back in the gym but has no energy. Does anyone suggest any pre workouts she can take? Or should she not take pre workout post op?

Has she had her 6 month labs drawn? Iron levels and hemoglobin would be good to know. If everything is good in the labs, she just needs to get moving, whether she feels like it or not. The more one moves, the more energy one has. The hardest step is the first. Does she have a step tracker? That can be very motivating. Working up to 10,000 steps a day is kind of fun once you have a little tracker buddy to count for you.

I use pre-jym.

I’ve tried a few and they’re OK. I find of there’s too much caffeine I get a bit jittery though!

If she is lethargic before she ever gets to the gym, that is a sign of a possible anemia problem (iron and/or B12) or a possible dietary problem - low carb dieting can do that to some people (we all do it to some extent just by virtue of the low calorie levels we are maintaining to lose weight, but some take it to extremes in the belief that it helps weight loss.) As AZhiker mentions, six month labs may point to something (she has had them done, right? if not, do so,) and if nothing shows there, than maybe a talk with an RD (dietician) can point the way. After around four months, I added some complex carbohydrate ahead of a workout to improve my endurance (a snack of high complex carb, moderate Protein and low to moderate fat was recommended.) I was running into a wall after about an hour in the pool and that helped it quite a bit, but I had no problem getting to the gym in the first place.

Most of us have lots of energy, usually from a couple of months post op, from losing all that weight, so something is abnormal here. Get some things checked out with the professionals before looking for some miracle product.

If the caffeine in the pre workouts are a problem you can try the post workout as the “pre”. Since they often have the same ingredients minus the caffeine.

Rick makes some good points, but maybe she is not that bad. She needs to verify she is on her diet, getting enough carbs and Protein.< br>I sort of put myself on an ketone diet by accident. I started working out a lot, and found I was getting tired. I just wasn't getting enough carbs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using BariatricPal mobile app

I use Geeked...by far the only one that works for me.

I’ve been into fitness & supplements for a good 5 years now. I’ve tried many, many, many pre-workouts. However, the one that is in the picture is awesome. It doesn’t give you the jitters or tingles or “weird” feelings. Just good ‘ole energetic feeling. Love it.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

I’ve been into fitness & supplements for a good 5 years now. I’ve tried many, many, many pre-workouts. However, the one that is in the picture is awesome. It doesn’t give you the jitters or tingles or “weird” feelings. Just good ‘ole energetic feeling. Love it.

image-0.00095367431640625.thumb.jpg.591d2ee14028da5f7e1cc984c1328e00.jpg

Where do you get this ?

On 3/12/2020 at 3:05 PM, RickM said:

Most of us have lots of energy, usually from a couple of months post op, from losing all that weight, so something is abnormal here. Get some things checked out with the professionals before looking for some miracle product.

This ☝☝☝☝

No one needs chemicals like sugar, caffeine, arginine, and preservatives - or excessive niacin or creatine - to get or stay fit and healthy. Everyone's better off sticking with whole foods, and making sure their labs are in order. If the labs are in order, hopefully your partner will be smart about her pre-workout choices, and if she needs a boost on occasion, a cup of black coffee with a teaspoon of coconut sugar is a healthier option than any chemical cocktail.

I agree with the above posts. Get that checkup before beginning any supplements. Need to find out if it’s an actual metabolic or physical issue or just need the boost. PREWORKOUT are not made to pick you up before the workout. They are made to aid you during. Fuel the pump so to speak.

Myself I have been using supps for about 2 years. The ones I like best are made by RedCon1. Total War is the high caffeine version (gives you that tingle) and Big Noise has no tingle. Both are quality products.