Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 minutes ago, IWantTheDream said:

I was listening to the Bariatric Pal podcast yesterday and one of them said that the three week stall is caused because your live is starting to retro it’s normal size. The two week pre op diet shrank it so around the three week mark is when it starts to go back to size. They said it doesn’t mean your not loosing it just won’t show on the scale. Listen to the podcast it’s ok. It’s new so there are not a lot of episodes. I also listened to weight loss surgery by Reeger Cornell . These are very informative and I love listening to Reeger Cornell. Best of luck and congratulations.

Thank you all so much because I’ll be at 3 weeks this Friday and my scale is 1 ounce from getting thrown through the wall. I can definitely see the inches gone, but the fact that I’m still at only 10-12lbs lost is soooo frustrating. Especially considering I’m barely eating 400 calories a day. I’ve picked up my Water intake and I’m working on getting my Protein in, but I’ve been sooo frustrated with the scale!

I great info, thanks! I’ve honestly never listened to more than 30 seconds of a podcast, but I shall attempt. My scale is close to suffering the same fate haha.

31 minutes ago, TexasHeathen said:

I great info, thanks! I’ve honestly never listened to more than 30 seconds of a podcast, but I shall attempt. My scale is close to suffering the same fate haha.

Hahaha! I have two glass scales and there is a two pound difference between them. But I was literally ready to break them both. I’m sooo glad I have these notifications on.

9 hours ago, TexasHeathen said:

I’m at 3 weeks post op today! The scale has been frustrating me this past week going up and down. I guess I’m at the “3 week stall”. The fear of never making it past where I always get stuck at dieting over the years is real. I know I’m not physically eating enough calories to pack on the pounds. The most I can consume at once is about 2oz and that’s fairly uncomfortable. I just started purées so maybe that’s a part of it. Bleh.

Oh my gosh YES! I had an irrational meltdown today because after such amazing loss the first 2 weeks, I’ve hit a stall (will be 3w post-op on friday), and I was crying to my husband like “what if I never lose any more than this, I’ve done all this for practically nothing!” I’m barely eating anything either, certainly no more than 300 calories a day, plus being active, so I KNOW it’s just metabolically impossible to be gaining actual weight. Ugh!