Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 05/28/2020 at 14:06, Cia2020 said:

Okay, preop done! Gabapentin, Tylenol taken and scopalamine patch on. IV in, fifty million questions asked and answered. I've been up since 4, cleaning, cooking more prep food for the family's week of dinners, watching Zumbo to find out who won season 1.... lol. It's just me and my little room. No visitors. I'm kinda okay with that, I can be nervous on my own. I made group chat messages on my phone for my family and friends so I can update everyone at once instead. Surgery pushed back a half hour till 1 PM. Time for a nap, I think.

Good luck and congratulations let us all know your safe and healthy as soon as your able. So happy for you.

I’ll be at 2w post-VSG tomorrow. Not really experiencing any nausea but definitely not physically hungry. I have to force myself to eat small amounts a few times a day. My husband made a tomato-based sauce for dinner the other night with very finely-minced ground beef and I tolerated about 3oz of that really well. Not really in any rush to progress beyond thick purée consistencies. We will see! Sneaking scoops of unflavored Protein in everything.

I’m down 24# from my surgery weight which - I just can’t describe how incredible that is. I never thought I would have such success so quickly. It’s definitely motivating to say the least. Back to being super active - peloton, or 12-ish mile bike rides every night.

Surgery went well. I totally don't remember more that hunching for the spinal, then the "You've had a few drinks relaxing med" took me away. I was crazy cold after surgery, shaking with a sharp pain bilateral under my ribs so I got a few meds to combat both issues. Thriat doesn't hurt but is dry so I am hoarse.. pills one at a time but went down easy whole. No gas feelings so far or coming out, except one tiny burp after taking a large sip to wash away gabipentun. The nurse said patients say it tastes like black licorice; I am not ruining that lovely flavor for me! It tastes like Anise! Lol 🤮

I've been sleeping but trying to do an alarm to do my Water every 15. Takes me 3 sips, and less than 1 minute to do a ounce, but I could do more. Just taking it easy in case of issues. If I keep it up for 3 hours, I can switch to Protein and get home tomorrow if I can do the same 3-4 ounces an hour with that. 0 issues drinking.... so far. I know that might change. I'll be up and walking later, but I have like 5 tubes all over and extra meds so I (and the nurses) don't want to risk a fall. Too much paperwork! 😄

So... that's it. Great experience so far. The staff is AWESOME! And its super quiet between visits, which I love.

On 05/28/2020 at 22:23, Cia2020 said:

Surgery went well. I totally don't remember more that hunching for the spinal, then the "You've had a few drinks relaxing med" took me away. I was crazy cold after surgery, shaking with a sharp pain bilateral under my ribs so I got a few meds to combat both issues. Thriat doesn't hurt but is dry so I am hoarse.. pills one at a time but went down easy whole. No gas feelings so far or coming out, except one tiny burp after taking a large sip to wash away gabipentun. The nurse said patients say it tastes like black licorice; I am not ruining that lovely flavor for me! It tastes like Anise! Lol 🤮

I've been sleeping but trying to do an alarm to do my Water every 15. Takes me 3 sips, and less than 1 minute to do a ounce, but I could do more. Just taking it easy in case of issues. If I keep it up for 3 hours, I can switch to Protein and get home tomorrow if I can do the same 3-4 ounces an hour with that. 0 issues drinking.... so far. I know that might change. I'll be up and walking later, but I have like 5 tubes all over and extra meds so I (and the nurses) don't want to risk a fall. Too much paperwork! 😄

So... that's it. Great experience so far. The staff is AWESOME! And its super quiet between visits, which I love.

Fantastic to hear all went well. Congratulations and I hope you feel better and all is well for you to go home tomorrow.

Surgery went well. I totally don't remember more that hunching for the spinal, then the "You've had a few drinks relaxing med" took me away. I was crazy cold after surgery, shaking with a sharp pain bilateral under my ribs so I got a few meds to combat both issues. Thriat doesn't hurt but is dry so I am hoarse.. pills one at a time but went down easy whole. No gas feelings so far or coming out, except one tiny burp after taking a large sip to wash away gabipentun. The nurse said patients say it tastes like black licorice; I am not ruining that lovely flavor for me! It tastes like Anise! Lol [emoji2961]
I've been sleeping but trying to do an alarm to do my Water every 15. Takes me 3 sips, and less than 1 minute to do a ounce, but I could do more. Just taking it easy in case of issues. If I keep it up for 3 hours, I can switch to Protein and get home tomorrow if I can do the same 3-4 ounces an hour with that. 0 issues drinking.... so far. I know that might change. I'll be up and walking later, but I have like 5 tubes all over and extra meds so I (and the nurses) don't want to risk a fall. Too much paperwork! [emoji1]
Congratulations! You made it to the other side...all uphill for here!

It's MY time!

I'm 8 days VSG post op. Pretty much all went well including gallbladder removal. Now, I'm just tired of broth lol. I don't get to have those phase 2 goodies until my 3rd week. Enjoy yall....😪

Had VSG surgery yesterday with a hiatal hernia repair. I was up all night dry heaving. I’m home now but sore and tired.i know walking and sipping are important but all I want to do is sleep. When does this get better? I’m not regretting my decision per se but am surprised how sore I am and the nausea is out of control!

I’m 5 days post op with RNY gastric bypass. Feel pretty good but my belly is still so distended, when does it go down?

@Angienharry I've thrown up 3x since being released. I think its the gabapentin. They gave me pills instead of liquid and my baby belly doesn't like it.

@Angienharry I dry heaved the entire first day/night too. Omg, it was miserable. But once you start walking regularly, some of the gas will start working it’s way out of your body and every burp/fart will make some of the nausea go away. Burp by burp you’ll start feeling better :) I haven’t dry heaved or thrown up since that first 24 hrs. I hope you start feeling better soon!

@Suzq328 I’m 9 days out and just beginning to feel “normal” with regard to belly size. I was so swollen for about a week. We are all different though so I can’t say how long it will take for you. My entire body was so swollen after surgery I could barely get my sandals on!

37 minutes ago, MVK said:

@Angienharry I dry heaved the entire first day/night too. Omg, it was miserable. But once you start walking regularly, some of the gas will start working it’s way out of your body and every burp/fart will make some of the nausea go away. Burp by burp you’ll start feeling better :) I haven’t dry heaved or thrown up since that first 24 hrs. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Thanks. I only dry heaved once since I’ve been home. That was last night. I rarely burp but the gas is coming out the other end. I still have pain in my shoulders so I will keep working the program. Sip, walk, rest.

I’m at 3 weeks post op today! The scale has been frustrating me this past week going up and down. I guess I’m at the “3 week stall”. The fear of never making it past where I always get stuck at dieting over the years is real. I know I’m not physically eating enough calories to pack on the pounds. The most I can consume at once is about 2oz and that’s fairly uncomfortable. I just started purées so maybe that’s a part of it. Bleh.

Hi there. A fellow Texan. Well I can't offer any advice as you're one week "older" than myself. Just keep pushing. I'm sure you will get pass this.

On 06/03/2020 at 10:06, TexasHeathen said:

I’m at 3 weeks post op today! The scale has been frustrating me this past week going up and down. I guess I’m at the “3 week stall”. The fear of never making it past where I always get stuck at dieting over the years is real. I know I’m not physically eating enough calories to pack on the pounds. The most I can consume at once is about 2oz and that’s fairly uncomfortable. I just started purées so maybe that’s a part of it. Bleh.

I was listening to the Bariatric Pal podcast yesterday and one of them said that the three week stall is caused because your live is starting to retro it’s normal size. The two week pre op diet shrank it so around the three week mark is when it starts to go back to size. They said it doesn’t mean your not loosing it just won’t show on the scale. Listen to the podcast it’s ok. It’s new so there are not a lot of episodes. I also listened to weight loss surgery by Reeger Cornell . These are very informative and I love listening to Reeger Cornell. Best of luck and congratulations.