Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all. I had my VSG Thursday 5/21. I am having a hard time consuming my liquids but I'm making myself sip on them until I meet the recommendation. I just got to start working on my Vitamins.

Had my covid test today. Every bit as uncomfortable as I remembered from whooping cough until there was a stab at the end that made me yelp and the nurse goes, "Oh, sorry! It was like it got stuck on something and then I pushed through it." Um, yes, that was MY NOSE! If my body structure stays stop, freaking stop, lady!

Hey everyone! Had RNY gastric bypass 5/25/20. I’m home and other than sore I’m doing pretty good. Just trying to stay hydrated. I’m having a hard time knowing when the pouch is full.

Hey everyone! Had RNY gastric bypass 5/25/20. I’m home and other than sore I’m doing pretty good. Just trying to stay hydrated. I’m having a hard time knowing when the pouch is full.
Congratulations!

It's MY time!

Woot! Just got clearance to start purées! I am so excited to have some sad, white people guac it’s unreal haha.

Woot! Just got clearance to start purées! I am so excited to have some sad, white people guac it’s unreal haha.
How far out are you? I'd KILL for some sad white people guac![emoji23][emoji23]

It's MY time!

1 minute ago, PuddinJasper said:

How far out are you? I'd KILL for some sad white people guac!

It's MY time!

I'm 2 weeks post op. I actually just had like pureed deviled egg. (Like a condiment cup size) and I fee nauseous. It's probably because of egg, sometimes it did that to me before surgery, but I was just craving something hardcore. haha Should have gone with the guac!

I'm 2 weeks post op. I actually just had like pureed deviled egg. (Like a condiment cup size) and I fee nauseous. It's probably because of egg, sometimes it did that to me before surgery, but I was just craving something hardcore. haha Should have gone with the guac!
I actually hate scrambled eggs...gonna try a mashed hard boiled egg...

It's MY time!

2 weeks today! Slightly nauseated all of the time. I made some chicken with ricotta cheese purée that wasn’t too bad, and have discovered black refried Beans With a little cheese and a little chicken. Heated up with some guacamole sauce it isn’t bad. I still have to down a Protein Shake to get in enough Protein but I’m happy to have some flavor.

I haven’t tried eggs yet but I like my eggs hard so that may have to wait for soft food stage. I tried to make some sugar free pudding with added protein but it never set up. Glad to hear everyone has been able to go forward with their procedures this month.

8 hours ago, Machalo said:

2 weeks today! Slightly nauseated all of the time. I made some chicken with ricotta cheese purée that wasn’t too bad, and have discovered black refried Beans With a little cheese and a little chicken. Heated up with some guacamole sauce it isn’t bad. I still have to down a Protein Shake to get in enough Protein but I’m happy to have some flavor.

I haven’t tried eggs yet but I like my eggs hard so that may have to wait for soft food stage. I tried to make some sugar free pudding with added Protein but it never set up. Glad to hear everyone has been able to go forward with their procedures this month.

I make mine (preop treat before liquid diet) with almond milk and the trick is to use less Fluid. Plus I whisk up the pudding mix for a minute to get it incorporated before I add my Protein Powder.

Hey everyone. I had VSG on 5/25. So far, it’s been a struggle. They found a sizeable hiatal hernia so they repaired that as well as completed the sleeve, so I think that may be why I’m experiencing some additional unsavory side effects. I am pushing myself to get in the necessary fluids, but there is so much gas and pressure inside that I just feel crappy. Also, today I started having this weird chest pain radiating towards my back. I can feel it intensely whenever I swallow something, but it’s a dull pain there consistently. This just started this AM when I woke up. I’m trying to just be patient with the process, but I did not anticipate this much discomfort. I’m praying it subsides soon! So far, Protein Water, applesauce, Gatorade & broth & hot tea are the only things really agreeing with me. My body doesn’t seem to like regular water much right now.

I haven’t tried eggs yet but I like my eggs hard so that may have to wait for soft food stage. I tried to make some sugar free pudding with added protein but it never set up. Glad to hear everyone has been able to go forward with their procedures this month.
2 weeks tomorrow! No nausea at all. Thank God! I discovered the black refried beans yesterday in my supermarket. Can't wait to try. A bit nervous...I would hate to get sick to find out my stomach doesn't like something.

It's MY time!

Hey everyone. I had VSG on 5/25. So far, it’s been a struggle. They found a sizeable hiatal hernia so they repaired that as well as completed the sleeve, so I think that may be why I’m experiencing some additional unsavory side effects. I am pushing myself to get in the necessary fluids, but there is so much gas and pressure inside that I just feel crappy. Also, today I started having this weird chest pain radiating towards my back. I can feel it intensely whenever I swallow something, but it’s a dull pain there consistently. This just started this AM when I woke up. I’m trying to just be patient with the process, but I did not anticipate this much discomfort. I’m praying it subsides soon! So far, Protein Water, applesauce, Gatorade & broth & hot tea are the only things really agreeing with me. My body doesn’t seem to like regular water much right now.
Congratulations! PLEEEASE walk. It's gas. Try a heating pad. Make sure you are sitting upright when you intake anything. It will get better. If you are VERY concerned please dont hesitate to contact your surgeon.

It's MY time!

Okay, preop done! Gabapentin, Tylenol taken and scopalamine patch on. IV in, fifty million questions asked and answered. I've been up since 4, cleaning, cooking more prep food for the family's week of dinners, watching Zumbo to find out who won season 1.... lol. It's just me and my little room. No visitors. I'm kinda okay with that, I can be nervous on my own. I made group chat messages on my phone for my family and friends so I can update everyone at once instead. Surgery pushed back a half hour till 1 PM. Time for a nap, I think.